Just one decent Andronikos customization...

Agreed! Andronikos' customizations are rather lacking in variety, IMHO:

Default: bald and wrinkled

#1: weird hair and wrinkled

#2 bald and wrinkled

#3: mohawk and wrinkled

#4: wrinkled with full face tattoos

#5: no wrinkles, but bald and heavily scarred

#6: wrinkled

#8: bald and wrinkled (and, uh, pretty scary)

#9: no wrinkles, but crazy hair and full face tattoos

:p

As for his age, I would point out that it is officially listed as "35 (unconfirmed)". Who gets the "middle aged" treatment and who doesn't seems rather arbitrary at times though . . . 37 year old Quinn looks a heck of a lot younger than 27 year old Talos. :eek:

Edited by Gwena

Well, they showed their male based bias in making other men ugly, ugly = not competition after all :p

Kidding aside, I remember a while back someone commenting on how default Andronikos looks like a skinny Mike Tyson, which made me laugh, then shake my head realizing it was sadly true.

Default Quinn is the best looking male comp (my opinion, YomV) followed by the silver haired cyborg version. Default torian is alright, as is default Vector.

Of course they went -ALL OUT- on all the romanceable female comps, with multiple pretty/beautiful customizations... while male romanceable comp customizations...

.. (except maybe Akavi, she's rather... butch...)

But for the most part aside from maybe one or two every male comp has customizations ranging from "ewww to run away!"

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Are you sure Talos isn't 47?

I'd like some hot new customizations for the guys too! I have a lot of alts and like to have each companion look a little different for each one, which is hard to do for the guys without going for ugly or bizarre. The new Talos is moving in the right direction, but the new Torian is ugh :( Top of my list would be a good looking Pierce.

Unfortunately, the newer customizations seem just as likely to be ugly/bizarre as the older ones. Andronikos' latest one is all crazy hair and full face tattoos, Doc's has a green mohawk, and Aric's upcoming one is bald and uses that same angry face. >.<

Dear people who make the male companion customizations: it is ok if you don't make them look "interesting". Andronikos will still look cool if he has fairly normal looking hair, just a medium-sized facial tattoo, and looks younger than 40. :p

Are you sure Talos isn't 47?

I checked it myself in my official SWTOR Encyclopedia, and Talos' listed age is indeed 27. It even has a picture of him with his default look! And I didn't see anything in his backstory that points to him being older guy, so it is kinda weird how he looks so old. :confused:

Edited by Gwena

Dear people who make the male companion customizations: it is ok if you don't make them look "interesting". Andronikos will still look cool if he has fairly normal looking hair, just a medium-sized facial tattoo, and looks younger than 40. :p

Again, I still say they make 98% of the guys weird/odd/ugly and then about face with the "must make all female comps but akaavi beautiful" purely out of guy spite :rolleyes:

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I think y'all are being a bit harsh on the guys overall. They are mostly a bit older looking, but some might call that "distinguished." Some customizations, for the guys and gals both are truly hideous, but Adroni's aren't much worse. Personally I do find Andronikos to look a bit sketchy, but he is a pirate after all. He's probably hooked on spice and an alcoholic. It's been awhile since I played an Inquis, but I'd be really surprised if the old boy hasn't done some hard time.

I think I didn't mind one Andronikos customization, but I am nowhere near the romance yet. The default for me doesn't count! 'Cause everyone has it, and I do not want a clone.

Personally, I play Quinn with his Oriental customization (suits his personality and is more attractive to me than his Caucasian ones), romanced Riggs and Iresso have non-defaults that everyone uses, Pierce with the really cool African one, and Tharan with the red-headed braided thinggie. I use the not entirely horrid sideburns one for Aric. And I have never customized Zenith, though I spent a lot of time on Belsavis debating.

Vector and Doc do not have cutomizations I like. So, I would add a plea again for... wait for it! Flexible comp customization with the option to switch species.

Jorgan is my one Trooper love interest. I never play male troopers because of him, and because of Jennifer Hale's voice.

I so far like male trooper more. I don't understand the whole Jennifer Hale voice thing. I don't feel like F!Trooper voice is anything special, tbh. Not bad, but why is everyone so hot about it? I did not play ME yet, so it could be the familiarity factor that I lack. F!Smuggler is far better imo. Aric takes getting used to, and there is no indication of romance till very late in the game, really.

Honestly, by now, I figured one thing out. If one wants an attractive romantic male alien character in this game, that doesn't disappear after his moment in the sun (Numen!), one has to play one and pick whatever female comp that feels the best to RP to LI him. That, and Zenith Jedi Appropriate Platonic.

Edited by DomiSotto

I so far like male trooper more. I don't understand the whole Jennifer Hale voice thing. I don't feel like F!Trooper voice is anything special, tbh. Not bad, but why is everyone so hot about it? I did not play ME yet, so it could be the familiarity factor that I lack. F!Smuggler is far better imo. Aric takes getting used to, and there is no indication of romance till very late in the game, really.

Honestly, by now, I figured one thing out. If one wants an attractive romantic male alien character in this game, that doesn't disappear after his moment in the sun (Numen!), one has to play one and pick whatever female comp that feels the best to RP to LI him. That, and Zenith Jedi Appropriate Platonic.

the jenifer hale thing can be sumed up with these words and this song.

comander F****** SHEPARD!!!

or fem shep i supose dam i want an N7 armor set for my trooper.

Edited by Jrr_hypernova

I did not play ME yet, so it could be the familiarity factor that I lack.

You definitely should. You'll be able to get some alien romance there too.

At least starting from ME2, unless you want to go for Liara. But you strike me as more of the Garrus or Thane type. :D

It is an impressive resume to be sure, I still like F!Smuggler the most! F!Trooper doesn't grate on my nerves like F!Inq or F!Con (till I get used to her, so it is a good thing). And, yep, one day I will play ME. Once I am thoroughly done with SWTOR... about a year or so from now. :)

And I often surprise myself in my tastes in digital RI. I do tend to see the game through the eyes of a couple, they have to be both interesting together, official romance or not. But normally, whenever they put in a rougher, strong and silent, tragic, ranged, burning for a cause type in, with a lower/non-nasal voice, that's my wish fulfillment right there. Ridiculously they are almost never RIs....

Edited by DomiSotto

But normally, whenever they put in a rougher, strong and silent, tragic, ranged, burning for a cause type in, with a lower/non-nasal voice, that's my wish fulfillment right there. Ridiculously they are almost never RIs....

(ME2's) Thane meets most of those points on that list. :p

I think y'all are being a bit harsh on the guys overall. They are mostly a bit older looking, but some might call that "distinguished." Some customizations, for the guys and gals both are truly hideous, but Adroni's aren't much worse. Personally I do find Andronikos to look a bit sketchy, but he is a pirate after all. He's probably hooked on spice and an alcoholic. It's been awhile since I played an Inquis, but I'd be really surprised if the old boy hasn't done some hard time.

I don't mind my companions looking a little older, I just don't care for facial tattoos and scars, which the art team seems to really like on the guys :( Though a fresh faced Talos would be just too adorable!

I actually played with my friend today, and met Andronikos on out Lady of Sith. I think he looked Okay. I don't mind exotic face paint. I am less fond of strange hair styles and unorthodox facial hair.

I still think Doc & Vector are the worst in the customization department. But i will not say no for people who want younger looking handsome guys to have a different "Nikki" custom (sorry, the class dialogue was hilarious). Maybe along with it we can get Torian that doesn't prompt me to play a Cougar.