Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.29.2014 , 03:07 PM | #1991
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Yeah I disagree with this being you vs the world. My debate against Aurbere was me against others (you included). I had maybe three posts from Warren, and a handful of posts from Silenceo and Wolf.

That's it.

You had much more support than that. Just because it was mainly you doesn't mean you didn't have support. It should be mainly you, it's your faction, not someone else's. They have no obligation to post on behalf of you.

And as for all this rage, I find it a bit pathetic. Have none of you ever had a debate in school? You can't always win, even if you have the "right" answer. WIll bias come in? Inevetably. As my counter so beautifully pointed out, every arbiter has bias. We all have bias. Crying bias does no good, especially in a debate setting. At the very least know that if someone else was arbitrating the result could have been different. Sel, we all know that you favor, and view, OR characters in higher regard. Don't deny it- we all know. That's your bias. Wolf is a OT man. I prefer CW-OT myself. You can say your unbiased all day, but we all know.

Everyone just needs to cool down. Aurbere made his decision- it sucks to lose, but someone has to.
The difference is you had the support of the Arbiter, and you also lost. Do you not think if you'd had support you wouldn't have won?
I'm not saying I expect everyone to do it for me, but if I went back and counted the points from Rayla and Beni for their faction, I'd see a minimum of a 50/50 split between the two of them. That's not a bad thing, but it's the reason I lost. It's pretty simple.

Neither of these factions are better than the other, Aurbere himself said he thinks that the Reborn was a better faction, so that's obviously not true. If you don't think Rayla's greatest advantage was the fact she had Beni arguing for her this entire time, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Oh and for the record, my top 5 favorite characters are Dooku, Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, Yoda, and Traya. With close seconds being Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Warlord Zsinj, Mother talzin and Ventress.
I'm not biased towards the OR, (Seriously, I'm the person that's argued Talzin is Sidious level) and as I've said about 19 times now, my original faction was entirely TCW based and far superior to this one. I picked the Reborn because we had a stupidly large amount of Dark Side Factions, and honestly out of curiosity as to how people would handle Revan.

I'd also challenge that every Arbiter has bias. Beni's favorite character is Traya, I lost the first round of the original tournament. I supposedly have a huge bias for OR Era, I judged Kun as the loser of his battle, Everyone here hates Revan yet I somehow won a round. I don't think Aurbere was biased in this, but I do see why people think he was...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.29.2014 , 03:08 PM | #1992
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
*cough* who supported me? *cough* nobody every supports me *cough*

I think its a preference of Aurbere's not to get heavily involved in the debate, which has been before but there are benefits to distancing yourself from the discussion, and drawbacks from getting too heavily involved.

However I think in the end most of the arguments, at least that I could think of, were covered.
Eh, no one was really going against you either.

I backed Karadron, but hardly as forcefully as I usually would. It's not that no one backed me, it was specifically you going against me... I accept that, I'll just have to find creative ways to take Revenge
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

RDeanOU's Avatar


RDeanOU
11.29.2014 , 03:08 PM | #1993
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't think anyone is qualified to determine superior and inferior opinions with absolute accuracy.
I didn't say anything about inferior opinions. I can accurately evaluate the quality of an argument. The fact that you don't seem to understand the difference between argument and opinion explains a lot.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.29.2014 , 03:09 PM | #1994
Aurbere, Wolf is not happy that the Senate Commandos and Infiltrators were not mentioned in the scenario/tally, in general he finds your lack of faith in these awesomesauce soldiers disturbing.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.29.2014 , 03:10 PM | #1995
Quote: Originally Posted by RDeanOU View Post
I didn't say anything about inferior opinions. I can accurately evaluate the quality of an argument. The fact that you don't seem to understand the difference between argument an opinion explains a lot.
Please, explain.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.29.2014 , 03:11 PM | #1996
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Aurbere, Wolf is not happy that the Senate Commandos and Infiltrators were not mentioned in the scenario/tally, in general he finds your lack of faith in these awesomesauce soldiers disturbing.
Eh, scenario is scenario.

I don't think that's how Aurbere actually thinks it'd happen... At least I hope it isn't. The Exile and Revan's tactics were literally the stark opposite of what they actually do.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.29.2014 , 03:12 PM | #1997
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Eh, scenario is scenario.

I don't think that's how Aurbere actually thinks it'd happen... At least I hope it isn't. The Exile and Revan's tactics were literally the stark opposite of what they actually do.
It was rushed, I'll be honest.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.29.2014 , 03:15 PM | #1998
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Eh, no one was really going against you either.

I backed Karadron, but hardly as forcefully as I usually would. It's not that no one backed me, it was specifically you going against me... I accept that, I'll just have to find creative ways to take Revenge
There are literally not enough laugh memes on the internet to express my thoughts on that.

Never, in my entire career of these forums, have I ever experienced such overwhelming opposition in a debate. I mean, I was expecting a good level of opposition, but good god, I thought these people just wanted to dethrone me, it appears they wish me beheaded as well. Ah well, measures will be introduced to... suppress, the population.

It was fun though. I look forward to the next opportunity to cow my subjects

MarcheseAMM's Avatar


MarcheseAMM
11.29.2014 , 03:16 PM | #1999
Yesh, I got Beni's IP Address. You shouldn't have viewed it. Register and come to chat though anyway.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.29.2014 , 03:17 PM | #2000
Quote: Originally Posted by MarcheseAMM View Post
Yesh, I got Beni's IP Address. You shouldn't have viewed it. Register and come to chat though anyway.
*facedesk*

You clicked the link?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage