Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Selenial
11.24.2014 , 04:10 PM | #1591
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The Malgus quote isn't even referring to Revan, Ant is just pretending it is.

And only Wizards of the Coast sourcebooks, approved by Lucas Licensing, are canon. Wizards of the Coast which isn't even a Lucasarts subsidiary has no authority on matters of canon the last time I checked. It is hyperbole.
It was a web series designed to expand on their sourcebooks and figure backgrounds, accept it it's canon

And the Malgus one is, believe me I fought him on that but it is, go find a video on it, Malgus is clearly talking about Revan.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
11.24.2014 , 04:12 PM | #1592
Malgus isn't exactly a reliable source, though.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

karadron
11.24.2014 , 04:17 PM | #1593
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No quotes by individuals about any contemporary individuals is reliable. Not even people talking about people in the past is reliable either. The more neutral the source the better and people are never neutral.

People talking about their own skills can be colored terribly as well.

Selenial
11.24.2014 , 04:20 PM | #1594
What's that Beni uses? Authorial intent?

"As a Jedi, Revan was a warrior who slaughtered armies. As a Sith, Revan was a teacher who trained a thousand dark apprentices."

It fits, since he did dominate worlds and slaughter armies.... Of course if you don't like that, there's Scourges crazy fanboying which is the source of many quotes too.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Aurbere
11.24.2014 , 04:21 PM | #1595
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
What's that Beni uses? Authorial intent?

"As a Jedi, Revan was a warrior who slaughtered armies. As a Sith, Revan was a teacher who trained a thousand dark apprentices."

It fits, since he did dominate worlds and slaughter armies.... Of course if you don't like that, there's Scourges crazy fanboying which is the source of many quotes too.
Wasn't that said by that crazy fanboy from the Revanite camp, the same group who said that Revan defeated Vitiate and took control of the Empire?
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

karadron
11.24.2014 , 04:22 PM | #1596
Wasn't that said by that crazy fanboy from the Revanite camp, the same group who said that Revan defeated Vitiate and took control of the Empire?
Yes...yes it was.

Beniboybling
11.24.2014 , 04:24 PM | #1597
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
It was a web series designed to expand on their sourcebooks and figure backgrounds, accept it it's canon

And the Malgus one is, believe me I fought him on that but it is, go find a video on it, Malgus is clearly talking about Revan.
No more canonical than a blurb of any other advertisement for a piece of canonical material. The fact that is is linked to a canonical sourcebook doesn't make it canon, and given what it says, from a very much out of universe perspective, I highly doubt it was ever intended to be. Anyway whatever it is its hardly comparable to Nomi's accolades.

Either its the Foundry, or its Revan using the Foundry, I don't think I need to look it up.

EDIT: Anyway this is seriously off topic, I prefer to address accolades on a case by case basis, no one statement is the same and we can't make blanket dismissals based on the fact that some statements are clearly erroneous.

Aurbere
11.24.2014 , 04:25 PM | #1598
Quote: Originally Posted by karadron View Post
Yes...yes it was.
Hrmm...

On another note, since we're going with authorial intent:

"That the Sith pulled off such a monumental deception back when the Jedi were at their most powerful... Let's just say I'm keeping my eyes open for trouble."- Luke, Book of Sith

Ha ha! Yes!

Selenial
11.24.2014 , 04:25 PM | #1599
*Shrug* They know what they do of him through study, it doesn't matter what their crazy conjecture as to his fate was.

We know he slaughtered armies though, since he apparently destroyed an army of star forge droids, on top of Sith, commandos and others.

"The Jedi's command of and connection to the Force was unlike anything Scourge had sensed in anyone else. Even though Revan was constantly drugged, it was impossible not to sense his strength."

"Revan's raw power in the Force bends Nyriss's Sith lightning back at her, utterly destroying the Sith Lord."

I can do this all day

Beniboybling
11.24.2014 , 04:25 PM | #1600
Quote: Originally Posted by karadron View Post
No quotes by individuals about any contemporary individuals is reliable. Not even people talking about people in the past is reliable either. The more neutral the source the better and people are never neutral.

People talking about their own skills can be colored terribly as well.
The way I see it, if a character says something you should believe it unless you are given reason to doubt them. In most cases you are not, and in such cases what characters say can be taken as fact, and shouldn't be dismissed.