PvP Quiters

Lord_

The people who bail on the team when the enemy team caps two nodes, plants a bomb or scores...

The people who bail on the team when it has too many Recruit-geared players....

The people who bail on the team when they realize they are going against a certain premade....

never realize that it is them who's gimping their team not the poor Recruit guy who's at least giving the warzone his best shot.

The person that stands there afking or not paying attention to what they are supposed to be doing and lets the node/door get ninjaed.

The PvE green, recruit, or even WH, that do not understand the objectives of the WZ and go running off leaving the rest of their team, who are trying to play to objectives in the lurch.

Those that see they are going against a premade and do not even try but instead sit with the other 4 players that don't want to try at a node.

Never realize that they should not have queued to begin with if they are unwilling try or to learn what it takes to win.

See, it works both ways.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I was playing a WZ, got put into the stupid Hypergate thing that I absolutely hate. There was 6 people standing on one side, including 4 from the same guild in a premade. I yelled for everyone to go one side and make sure we get a pylon before splitting up. Nobody listens.

Match starts, me on my stun bubble healer and a healer merc run to one pylon, the assassin and Pyro PT go to the other. We all die to 4 people going each side, enemy team double caps. The pre-made had all went to the middle. Called us idiots and accused us of being bads and idiots and other less friendly remarks, and then all 4 quit the WZ at once. 4 new players join, 3 of them quit. 3 new players join, 2 of them quits, 2 more players join, both quit. 2 more players join, one quits, another player joins. We steal a pylon back and then a solo sin ninja's at 7 seconds left. We double cap at first explosion. We end up winning 900 something to 0. I'm still pissed at that guild though and would never play with them again if given the choice.

Pretty typical of my SWTOR experience, the worst players are usually the first ones to leave. On most WZ's I will take a team of good, smart players playing their newest 50 in recruit gear over a team of EWH geared players that don't understand how to play objectives. I'll take a mediocre player trying his hardest to get better over a great player who will rage quit the first time anything bad happens any day of the week.

The PvE green, recruit, or even WH...

I completely understand the frustration of poor pvp players that make no effort to contribute to winning a match, either through class or map objective ignorance.

However, I'm just at a loss as to how people think a fresh 50 is going to have WH gear straight up... This is an honest question: How is a person supposed to have anything other than recruit gear upon hitting 50, with maybe a couple of WH pieces if they've saved comms??!!

This is a grind game. As such, EVERYONE, including yourself starts in scrub gear. Quitting a match because there are too many in this level of gear is poor form imo, as everyone has to start somewhere and the more you help that person win, the quicker they gear up and start helpng YOU win.

This attitude really amazes me because poeple seem to forget, they once had recruit gear (or worse) themselves and there is only one path to getting better gear - start at the bottom and grind up!

I completely understand the frustration of poor pvp players that make no effort to contribute to winning a match, either through class or map objective ignorance.

However, I'm just at a loss as to how people think a fresh 50 is going to have WH gear straight up... This is an honest question: How is a person supposed to have anything other than recruit gear upon hitting 50, with maybe a couple of WH pieces if they've saved comms??!!

This is a grind game. As such, EVERYONE, including yourself starts in scrub gear. Quitting a match because there are too many in this level of gear is poor form imo, as everyone has to start somewhere and the more you help that person win, the quicker they gear up and start helpng YOU win.

This attitude really amazes me because poeple seem to forget, they once had recruit gear (or worse) themselves and there is only one path to getting better gear - start at the bottom and grind up!

The problem is if you have more than one recruit because it puts a noticeable handicap on your team if the opposing team doesn't have any. Honestly the only recruits I don't mind are healers, they can still be useful to the group. Can't really say the same about a dps since they will hit wh players like a wet noodle.

Edited by Darth-Rammstein

The problem is if you have more than one recruit because it puts a noticeable handicap on your team if the opposing team doesn't have any. Honestly the only recruits I don't mind are healers, they can still be useful to the group. Can't really say the same about a dps since they will hit wh players like a wet noodle.

So what are you suggesting; that only new players role healers because their starting gear sucks?! And also, how did YOU gear up then without being a burden on anyone?

The point remains the same no matter how you wish to look at it - Until they remove vertical gear based pvp progression, then you will always have to start at the lowest common denominator and work up from there. Getting upset at people because of a situation they have absolutely no control over is absurd, especially considering that you were once in that very same position at one point.

Edited by rhakoth

Look, these threads like this have gone on long enough. People always complain about the so-called "rage-quitters". It's not a big deal, but any kind of de-buff or lockout from warzones is going too far.

I am a night auditor at a hotel, and I can only play while I'm at work, as I live too far out in the country for anything better than dial-up. Sometimes a guest walks up to the desk, looking to check-in, or the phone rings or something that I am required to attend to happens, and I have to afk, even during a warzone. It annoys me to no-end when it happens, but i have to. Often, during that time, my toon will get killed, and the deserter timer will run outwhile the guests usually bombard me with stupid questions or find other ways to waste my time. IRL takes priority over a game. That's the bottom line. It would suck to be punished any further than being kicked out of the warzone when I am simply doing my job.

Look, these threads like this have gone on long enough. People always complain about the so-called "rage-quitters". It's not a big deal, but any kind of de-buff or lockout from warzones is going too far.

I am a night auditor at a hotel, and I can only play while I'm at work, as I live too far out in the country for anything better than dial-up. Sometimes a guest walks up to the desk, looking to check-in, or the phone rings or something that I am required to attend to happens, and I have to afk, even during a warzone. It annoys me to no-end when it happens, but i have to. Often, during that time, my toon will get killed, and the deserter timer will run outwhile the guests usually bombard me with stupid questions or find other ways to waste my time. IRL takes priority over a game. That's the bottom line. It would suck to be punished any further than being kicked out of the warzone when I am simply doing my job.

Look, I can't decide if this is troll or not. You play games at work and think everyone else should pay for your sometimes AFKing. I have one thing to say after reading that post:

Godspeed spiderman!

So what are you suggesting; that only new players role healers because their starting gear sucks?! And also, how did YOU gear up then without being a burden on anyone?

The point remains the same no matter how you wish to look at it - Until they remove vertical gear based pvp progression, then you will always have to start at the lowest common denominator and work up from there. Getting upset at people because of a situation they have absolutely no control over is absurd, especially considering that you were once in that very same position at one point.

I somewhat agree with you, its true that it's in noway the recruits fault. But if their is 3 or more recruits which is not healers on your team you'll simply get YOUR *** kicked 90% off the warzone because your team lacks an extreme amount of dps. Recruits gets ussually killed in something like 2-4 hits (they got around 13-14k health, smashers deal ~7k which is the half and means it is 2 hits dead, I personally deal around 5-6k crits on my carnage marauder and kills them in something like 3-4 blows). I started playing pvp a few weeks after launch which means war hero gear did not exist (the gear gab weren't that big of a deal), in fact I where not in the same position. Since then due to that I won't handicap my team I have been farming war hero gear to my alts before entering level 50 pvp with them. I know it may be frustrating to new 50s that it work this way, but it isn't the quitters you should blame not for wanting to run around and constantly get killed nor the recruits (unless the got the option to farm war hero gear), it is the developers since it where them that made such a huge gear gab.

Edited by MachoLL

I somewhat agree with you, its true that it's in noway the recruits fault. But if their is 3 or more recruits which is not healers on your team you'll simply get YOUR *** kicked 90% off the warzone because your team lacks an extreme amount of dps. Recruits gets ussually killed in something like 2-4 hits (they got around 13-14k health, smashers deal ~7k which is the half and means it is 2 hits dead, I personally deal around 5-6k crits on my carnage marauder and kills them in something like 3-4 blows). I started playing pvp a few weeks after launch which means war hero gear did not exist (the gear gab weren't that big of a deal), in fact I where not in the same position. Since then due to that I won't handicap my team I have been farming war hero gear to my alts before entering level 50 pvp with them. I know it may be frustrating to new 50s that it work this way, but it isn't the quitters you should blame not for wanting to run around and constantly get killed nor the recruits (unless the got the option to farm war hero gear), it is the developers since it where them that made such a huge gear gab.

But since it is out of any players' hands and it benefits you more to have more gear people then doesn't it stand to reason that helping them is in your best interest? And I played at launch and there was a definite gear disparity appearing as little as 1 month after release by some of the hardcore players who were getting Champ gear already.

It just seems silly to take it out on other players when they are doing what needs to be done to get the gear is all I'm saying. Take the good with the bad and help them out. So what if you have a dud game sometimes - That is life.

Edited by rhakoth

But since it is out of any players' hands and it benefits you more to have more gear people then doesn't it stand to reason that helping them is in your best interest? And I played at launch and there was a definite gear disparity appearing as little as 1 month after release by some of the hardcore players who were getting Champ gear already.

It just seems silly to take it out on other players when they are doing what needs to be done to get the gear is all I'm saying. Take the good with the bad and help them out. So what if you have a dud game sometimes - That is life.

I can't keep helping the endless stream of new recruits, no matter how much I wan't it. Fact is that I would be using my time on losing almost every warzone that I where playing. I play for the competition and the fun, but with that amount of recruits it removes the competition and the warzone ends up being a mess with the half team defending and the other half running around in the middle of nowhere and getting slaughtered. I know it is out of the recruits hands, but it is as well out of ours. What are the point in helping them to lose? With that amount of recruits we need some pretty bada.ss dps to even stand a bare chance of defending our only node. They lose pretty much no matter we're there or not.

Edited by MachoLL

I can't keep helping the endless stream of new recruits, no matter how much I wan't it. Fact is that I would be using my time on losing almost every warzone that I where playing. I play for the competition and the fun, but with that amount of recruits it removes the competition and the warzone ends up being a mess with the half team defending and the other half running around in the middle of nowhere and getting slaughtered. I know it is out of the recruits hands, but it is as well out of ours. What are the point in helping them to lose? With that amount of recruits we need some pretty bada.ss dps to even stand a bare chance of defending our only node. They lose pretty much no matter we're there or not.

Either way, it still doesn't erase the fact that once people helped you and now you aren't bothered to help them now. For your sake I hope you are never on the receiving end of that attitude.

Either way, it still doesn't erase the fact that once people helped you and now you aren't bothered to help them now. For your sake I hope you are never on the receiving end of that attitude.

Lol the one helping me where myself, and I never said I ain't helping anyone. But nothing can erase the fact that you cant help a team with too many recruits no matter what you do. How helpfull do you consider, helping them to lose are? If there is 1 recruit I would never leave the warzone because that is simply to silly. It aint first time I let a recruit join a pre-made to help him/her get war hero gear fast. The only thing that happens if I decide to stay (in a warzone with too many recruits) is that I lose, they don't notice a difference. And if I ever should start playing on a new server and be the victim to this, I would deal with it. I know how pvp works and I do not like it being that way but I cannot change it. I would never blame the one quitting the warzone due to this reason no matter if I where the reason. I do hope that this gab will be removed, and have always supported any person that I have noticed trying to put a solution on this problem.

Edited by MachoLL

Lol the one helping me where myself, and I never said I ain't helping anyone. But nothing can erase the fact that you cant help a team with too many recruits no matter what you do. How helpfull do you consider, helping them to lose are? If there is 1 recruit I would never leave the warzone because that is simply to silly. It aint first time I let a recruit join a pre-made to help him/her get war hero gear fast. The only thing that happens if I decide to stay (in a warzone with too many recruits) is that I lose, they don't notice a difference. And if I ever should start playing on a new server and be the victim to this, I would deal with it. I know how pvp works and I do not like it being that way but I cannot change it. I would never blame the one quitting the warzone due to this reason no matter if I where the reason. I do hope that this gab will be removed, and have always supported any person that I have noticed trying to put a solution on this problem.

I see your point but I just don't agree with it. Looks like you and I just have different opinions on what an MMO and pvp is all about. Just remember though - The person you ditch due to gear is the teammate who will remember later on.

Take care.

i have quit a couple of PvP matches, but the main reason is simple, i have seen hackers who hit you for 10k points of damage when they are at level 21 and your in all purples at level 45, having a member of the opposing guild on yours ( its obvious when someone is giving information to the opposing team when you say there is one at mid your going to cap it and 6 people break off of a snow attack and go to protect mid when they are near capping leaving one member there who gets destroyed. seen it happen multiple times, even had it happen with my guild, though we fight for fun like we arent in the same guild) or capping turrets in novare coast before the match has started, something is wrong (yes i have reported it and i havent seen some of these people around soon after) and im not going to sit in a WZ for ten minutes with people who are obviously hacking the game. im just going to do a report and move on. you cant blame someone for not wanting to PvP with or against people who obviously cheat. while a debuff is probably needed, it shouldnt be 3 hours, maybe 5 minutes or so to keep someone from leaving and auto requeing to get a different set of opponents and adding a report enemy/ally player button so when someone is cheating, it brings it to BW attention before going to a general staff member who just forwards it.

In a nutshell for me, this and I completely understand those that do for gear discrepancy. The other issues I try to help folks understand and become better.

Although, I'm one of those that really wont leave regardless of peoples gear, score or attitudes.

Well said.

I tok will never quit a warzone. I will inspect who is poor geared and who is well geared try to help them and if im in a team full of proper aweful players inc those that choose not to respond to english in opps channel and find my own mini victory within a aweful match be it i find there most deadliest player and ill focus that person all match (where its impossible for me to complete the objectives).

i think perhaps as a work around extend start time of game, give u longer to decide if its a team to stick with or not and leave if u choose but then if u choose to leave during match u have penalty of some kind. This will not effect where it shows a player as disconnected and for those with real life problems the time penalty too wont effect them since they busy with real life.

Thing that actually makes me laugh at some of the wanna be pvp gods is some of them matches ive seen them leave turned out to be some of the best pvp ive had in this game where it was not a walk over either way and was close to the last second.

Perhaps where a game sees multiple people leave throughout a match should either be ended or something coz there the matches u really can not win when ya team changing constantly lol

You can have the "deserter" debuff once they update the queue system. I would like the ability to not join a game in progress (or at the very least TELL ME IT IS IN PROGRESS so I can pass if I want a new game), the ability to not queue for certain WZs and a working vote kick system.

I have a pre-determined list of certain conditions that will cause me to leave a WZ. Nothing in the game will make me change that list.

I play this game as a form of enjoyment. If I decide to do some PvP then I like to go into a game knowing that I could win, I could lose. In this situation you'll find my playing my heart out until the end. Be it a win or a lose that doesn't matter. It was an enjoyable game and the whole reason I play this game has been met.

If however the "certain" conditions are met then I'm afraid this is no longer enjoyable and then it is time to leave the zone.

Sometimes I queue again, maybe the team just didn't understand the zone. Maybe that pre-made was just one of a few teams the opposition currently has queued.

If however the second zone end sin much the same way then I wont bother re-queuing, I'll come back when the zones are likely to be fun again.

Hows about when you quit, you get a window on your screen where you can give a reason for why you quit, then that reason is in-game mailed to the other 7 ppl that was in the WZ with you, and they in turn have 2 checkboxes, 1 for "yeah this seems legit and I remember that guy, he did good, I'm ok with him leaving" and the other ofc being "hell no, he's an idiot". If you decline to give a reason when you quit, you automatically choose option 2 and get a 6hr ban from WZ:s, but if 4 or more ppl think you're ok, nothing happens. After 2 hours the game chooses option 1 for anyone that hasnt responded to the mail so noone is banned just because a bunch of ppl cant be bothered to read their mail. During those 2 hours there should ofc be no action taken so you dont first get a 2h ban for what turned out to be nothing.

This is probably a crappy idea, because everyone will select "hell no" and the quitter will get the ban 99 times out of 99, but I thought I'd share the idea anyways.

Sorry, but it's my right to quit a WZ when my team refuses to play and camp turret/bunker/what ever..

when doing pvp you guys/girls should know there is an oppertunity to face premades! And because you've being 2capped at let's say 300 my team 400other team, things are NOT lost, even when you're facing a premade! I've had it with these ppl telling 'I'm just doing daily, cba pvp'.. Well please, don't do pvp! You are ruining it for loads of ppl!

so, when I stumble upon this, being my team refuses to play because of an enemy premade, I quit!

However I do not quit wz when facing premades.. I find it hard training ^^

PvP is fun, keep it that way! =) I hate 'quiters'

let's pvp :D

I have a pre-determined list of certain conditions that will cause me to leave a WZ. Nothing in the game will make me change that list.

I play this game as a form of enjoyment. If I decide to do some PvP then I like to go into a game knowing that I could win, I could lose. In this situation you'll find my playing my heart out until the end. Be it a win or a lose that doesn't matter. It was an enjoyable game and the whole reason I play this game has been met.

If however the "certain" conditions are met then I'm afraid this is no longer enjoyable and then it is time to leave the zone.

Sometimes I queue again, maybe the team just didn't understand the zone. Maybe that pre-made was just one of a few teams the opposition currently has queued.

If however the second zone end sin much the same way then I wont bother re-queuing, I'll come back when the zones are likely to be fun again.

I feel the same way. I always pvp later in the evening and I know if I see 2 or more peeps with 14k health in my group, leave now. For the most part this is when there are lots of 4 man premades queueing and even peeps in ranked queueing for regs while they wait. Throw in 1 of the remaining 6 has pve gear on and your team is done. You will not be able to overcome the bads and win. These are always the matches were my team gets 3 capped/rolled. Bottom line is it is not fun.

And don't even get me started on when a full ranked team pops together for a regular wz.

There needs to be a time penalty for anybody that leaves a PvP match. Every player isn't created equal and sometimes you lose. When people quit in the middle it ruins the match. Sometime we have been able to come back and the joke is on those that quit, but enough is enough. Place a 2 or 3 hour penalty on them for leaving the match!!!!

As long as any rule doesnt apply to pre-match quitting, I'm fine with it. I pre-screen every solo PUG WZ. If i see more then one really badly geared player, I quit before the match starts.

Still, you realize any penalty will force people to just quit within the warzone, instead of leaving it...right?

Use your head, and stop being bad.

Edited by islander

Nah. I don't care for quitters either but sometimes it's justified. For example a sub-50 PUG yesterday:

Join Civil War, match starts, 6 teammates pack up and DM. Not even at nodes most of the time. So, since me and 1 other guy are the only ones actually playing this obj-based match, why should I hang around and waste my time with those clowns?

I quit on 3 occasions:

- if during the initial countdown it's obvious our team will lose

- something IRL comes up (rare, but happened the other day, sadly in a winning situation)

- when I'm put in a lost match as a backfill

Other than that I can always grind a few medals.

I look at it this way, if we get a pvp debuff like pve has, then we should be allowed to kick players that aren't afk in warzones just like you can kick player in OPS. You don't call out, you get kicked. You keep breaking teammates mezzes, you get kicked. You fill the ball carrier's resolve before he reaches a trap, kicked. Stand on the ledge of huttball repeatedly, kicked. Losing 500-400 in CW and 5 teammates hunkering down at our only node, uncontested, all kicked. Show up with less than 900 or so expertise, kicked. Etc and so on.

^All this will never happen, so that's why there shouldn't be a leaver debuff either.

Edited by Ridickilis