Dark Jedi or Naughty Jedi? (spoilers)

LordRaeth

If I continue down the path of being a Dark Jedi with my Jedi Guardian will I truly become a Dark Jedi or just a Jedi who gets told off now and then by the council?

Pretty much the latter. Sometimes you'll be called on it, but regardless of your alignment, you're still the "only hope for the Republic!" True Dark Jedi (if I remember correctly) get shunned from the Jedi Order very quickly.

Edited by DarthGile

Oh well, I might just go with the traditional light sided jedi for now and leave my dark jedi for normal rp.

What I've done was create a Light Jedi and carefully plan out the dark side choices. I like my Jedi to be flawed and 3 dimensional. There's no doubt that he snuggles with Kira every night, so there has to be fallout for his attachment decision. Several dark side choices aren't exactly evil, but do show that your Jedi ocassionally gives in to feeling pissed off.

Perfect example is the Heroic +2 mission on Tatooine where a guy begs you to get his "loved ones" before they are slaughtered. You do it, and you find that they were collectible toys. I definitely chose the dark side choice there, where your Jedi stomps on them infront of him. Even his friend was like "Dude... you made him do all that for toys!?" Those dark side choices are few and far between. Most are just incoherent "Murder and Mayhem!" options.

What I've done was create a Light Jedi and carefully plan out the dark side choices. I like my Jedi to be flawed and 3 dimensional. There's no doubt that he snuggles with Kira every night, so there has to be fallout for his attachment decision. Several dark side choices aren't exactly evil, but do show that your Jedi ocassionally gives in to feeling pissed off.

Perfect example is the Heroic +2 mission on Tatooine where a guy begs you to get his "loved ones" before they are slaughtered. You do it, and you find that they were collectible toys. I definitely chose the dark side choice there, where your Jedi stomps on them infront of him. Even his friend was like "Dude... you made him do all that for toys!?" Those dark side choices are few and far between. Most are just incoherent "Murder and Mayhem!" options.

Haven't done that Heroic with any Rep characters yet, as all my Rep characters are in duos that are slow moving. However, I know my JK on Tython chose the Darkside option when it came to the Fleshraider

Fleshraider kidnaps a twilek, only wants to train with the Jedi as he believes it means hunting down others, he's basically evil, so my JK went the option of "I'm not going to compromise with you. I'm going to end this now and return the kidnap victim home."

Darkside points.

Personally, and I know this doesn't hold true to everyone, I just find it more fun to pick the option you think your character would actually choose, over just "Ooooo...Darkside points!" or "Ooooo...Lightside points!"

Of course, my same JK got Darkside points for becoming a twileks "sister" on Tython as well.

Personally, and I know this doesn't hold true to everyone, I just find it more fun to pick the option you think your character would actually choose, over just "Ooooo...Darkside points!" or "Ooooo...Lightside points!"

I agree. Not slaving to the alignment choices is a good way of fleshing out your character's personality. A 3-dimensional character is always interesting.

You don't have to be a dark character for that character to make dark choices. The last chapter provides very tempting dark side choices for a jedi who's committed to their goals. In fact, I'd find it much more difficult to create a character who doesn't turn out fairly grey. I tend to just give a character views and let them go. They usually surprise me. Edited by errant_knight