Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlrikFassbauer
01.08.2016 , 11:57 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.
This message alone makes me NOT want to play KOTFE !

I really fear now that EVERYTHING I had been working on interms of romances since 2013 will be ... void
at that point. 2 years for nothing.

( And no, I haven't even begun KOTFE right now - because of oither reasons, though ... )
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

CloudCastle
01.08.2016 , 12:39 PM | #72
Thank you for the response Tait. I only wish it had come sooner. It's good to know that the devs are aware of this bug and even have a fixed planned for the near future!

Swedguy
01.08.2016 , 12:46 PM | #73
I reached out to Tait and Charles Bboyd on Twitter. Charles responded saying our companions will acknowledge past romances in future content! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY3XiM7oGj0

blindxsecrets
01.08.2016 , 01:27 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
I reached out to Tait and Charles Bboyd on Twitter. Charles responded saying our companions will acknowledge past romances in future content! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY3XiM7oGj0
Thanks, Swedguy. So that means even if we didn't get the mail, the romance *isn't* broken? Or there will be acknowledgement on past romances in general?

Swedguy
01.08.2016 , 01:31 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by blindxsecrets View Post
Thanks, Swedguy. So that means even if we didn't get the mail, the romance *isn't* broken? Or there will be acknowledgement on past romances in general?
There will be acknowledgement on past romances except for the letter.

Me: When the bug is fixed, will affected characters have their companions ackowledge the past romance later in kotfe?
Charles: New content featuring romanced companions should include those companions acknowledging their romances.

blindxsecrets
01.08.2016 , 02:47 PM | #76
Wooohooo! Thank you. Not so terrified to run through KOTFE with my first few characters then if that's the case.

Swedguy
01.08.2016 , 02:49 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by blindxsecrets View Post
Wooohooo! Thank you. Not so terrified to run through KOTFE with my first few characters then if that's the case.
Yeah, I'm glad to know when I meet Temple again, she'll remember we got married <3

PrincessShAmy
01.08.2016 , 06:04 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The confusion arises because the options are, while staring at Theron:
1. I need to talk to one of you.
2. [Flirt] I need to talk to one of you.

It isn't stated who you flirt with, and in every other wheel where it doesn't say, you flirt with the person visible on the GDMH(1) screen. There's a wheel on Rishi where you can flirt with either Theron or Lana:
1. [Flirt] Theron, sexytalk
2. [Flirt] Lana, sexytalk
3. Something bland.

So here it's clear who get which flirt. In the Chapter IX cantina case, it isn't clear. Perhaps this would have been more clear:
1. [Talk to one of them.]
2. [Flirt] [Flirt with one of them.]

Now it is unambiguously clear that the flirt happens with whomever you choose.

(1) Initialism for "deity-cursed matrilocally incestuous", only more crudely expressed.
My apologies. I thought that I saw somewhere that it was presented this way:

After watching a video of the cantina scene on YouTube, I realize that I was wrong. I still don't understand though why I have only gotten the first choice from above (Talk to one of them) on every character despite the fact that I have flirted with Lana at every single opportunity. I thought maybe it was because I made a decision that Lana didn't like. However, my friend always got the romance option regardless of the choices that he made in the story.

So what do I do now?

SteveTheCynic
01.09.2016 , 07:30 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by PrincessShAmy View Post
My apologies. I thought that I saw somewhere that it was presented this way:

After watching a video of the cantina scene on YouTube, I realize that I was wrong. I still don't understand though why I have only gotten the first choice from above (Talk to one of them) on every character despite the fact that I have flirted with Lana at every single opportunity. I thought maybe it was because I made a decision that Lana didn't like. However, my friend always got the romance option regardless of the choices that he made in the story.

So what do I do now?
You may have misread one of my suggestions for how it should be, because this isn't the first time I've suggested making the text reflect the actions, as you typed above.

As for what you do now, unfortunately all you can do is hope they'll give us a break on this one, and that they'll perhaps even admit that they were wrong to structure it the way they did.

I strongly advise you not to hold your breath while waiting for them to do either of those things, though...
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Evguld
01.10.2016 , 05:08 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
How did you do that?