Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Swedguy
01.05.2016 , 01:44 PM | #1
Not only does KOTFE not register active romances, but the same thing applies to pre-kotfe content.

According to a Twitter user, a friend of theirs ended up marrying being married to Vector despite telling him she wasn't interested, and said Twitter used ended up being married to Torian.

This bug has been ignored for 3 months. There's already a thread with almost 30k views and over 100 replies at this current time. This bug has affected a LOT of people, and we are missing out part of the story as a result.

And this bug could affect future companion stories as well.

Please, from the bottom of our hearts, fix the Companion Romance System.

If it is not possible to do it, you can give us the ability to toggle romances manually. You can read more about that here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=862635

Swedguy
01.05.2016 , 02:53 PM | #2

LarsBM
01.05.2016 , 03:01 PM | #3
I have this bug as well with my Sith Warrior - Darkside Jaesa romance (the game does not register our romance anymore after kotfe), but it seems like the bug can strike most, if not all, earlier romances leaving them flagged "off". Please fix it

Evguld
01.05.2016 , 03:14 PM | #4
Yeah, guys. You really must fix broken romances, because it is a great part of the story, especially in the game, where choices matter...do they, huh? How can you ignore that big thread, where so many people ask you to help... to acknowledge it at least. It seems you just don't care about us, Bioware.

Cedia
01.05.2016 , 04:05 PM | #5
I took my Smuggler and Bounty Hunter through KotFE and both the Corso romance and the Torian romance were bugged out of existence -- no romance conversation choice with Valkorian in Chapter 2, and no letters.

So I rerolled my Bounty Hunter. I just finished Corellia and all their conversations, looked on Youtube again, and lo and behold -- I did not get two of Torian's conversations at all: the one where he teaches her Mando'a and the one where they talk about her watching him shoot.

So I think this character is, once again, bugged, and I have no desire to even play her anymore.

You've sure got a funny way of making people want to play your game at all, BioWare.
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

Swedguy
01.05.2016 , 04:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedia View Post
I took my Smuggler and Bounty Hunter through KotFE and both the Corso romance and the Torian romance were bugged out of existence -- no romance conversation choice with Valkorian in Chapter 2, and no letters.

So I rerolled my Bounty Hunter. I just finished Corellia and all their conversations, looked on Youtube again, and lo and behold -- I did not get two of Torian's conversations at all: the one where he teaches her Mando'a and the one where they talk about her watching him shoot.

So I think this character is, once again, bugged, and I have no desire to even play her anymore.

You've sure got a funny way of making people want to play your game at all, BioWare.
Exactly. The moment I get my HK-55 back, I'm leaving until they fix this bug. This game is worse than Sonic 06 and Superman 64 at this point. Hell, I'd rather play Big Rigs at this point: And I don't think that can be considered a game to begin with.

PorsaLindahl
01.05.2016 , 04:49 PM | #7
The game's been on "Cruise Control" for the last month, in case no one's noticed. 2/3 bugged events that they couldn't fix because they were all too busy drinking eggnog to worry about their customers.

Hell, the first week of January's already mostly over and they still have that false December propaganda up.

They keep dangling carrots at us, every so often, but don't realize that the carrots are starting to rot.

Companion romances are probably way down on the list considering all of the other things (game breakers) that are still broken.

Cedia
01.05.2016 , 04:58 PM | #8
And don't even get me started on the Courting gifts...
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

Swedguy
01.05.2016 , 05:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
The game's been on "Cruise Control" for the last month, in case no one's noticed. 2/3 bugged events that they couldn't fix because they were all too busy drinking eggnog to worry about their customers.

Hell, the first week of January's already mostly over and they still have that false December propaganda up.

They keep dangling carrots at us, every so often, but don't realize that the carrots are starting to rot.

Companion romances are probably way down on the list considering all of the other things (game breakers) that are still broken.
They've been ignoring this since october. I also don't get why this could be low priority, since this game is "story-driven"

TinaLovesHan
01.05.2016 , 05:41 PM | #10
Yes. I would LOVE to see this finally be addressed. I started my thread the day after launch and there has been zero attention from anyone at BioWare, despite how many pages/views/replies that thread has gotten. It really is uncalled for.

This is the thread: Iresso Romance Not Acknowledged

This occurred on my main/first character. All details posted in that thread.