Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P players don't need forum access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
F2P players don't need forum access
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
07.31.2012 , 04:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
>Entire team ignores us for weeks

>talks about respect.

Oh ya.
That is rather hypocritical isn't it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

jarjarloves
07.31.2012 , 04:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BEVINCE View Post
And why should we? You just duped thousands of paying customers into paying for this game when you were most likely planning to give us the F2P shaft to begin with? I know you're not getting anymore of my cash after this farce.

You pretty much just showed us how much contempt Bioware and EA have for the fans that have invested in this game since day one. The beta testers who begged you to fix the glaring issues that you ignored, the paying subscribers that were stuck on dead servers for months because you refused to admit the game was dying, the players who have dealt with your lag filled servers and lack of content faithfully since pre-launch/launch. You just gave all of us the digital finger. So why should we care about hurting your new friends feelings?
... what? You know you can still pay $15 a month for the game right?

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

Revan-the-knight
07.31.2012 , 04:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
So you plan on only letting people who pay a sub post on the forums?

What if one of the freemiums has a question that a paying vet might be able to answer? Too bad for him I guess

What you need to do is monitor the forums and start giving out bans to the people who deserve them. I dont mean to people who complain but the people who just post garbage that has nothing to do with the topic.

Some example would be people that say things like if you dont like it leave.
Easy, They ask ingame

SithVeritas
07.31.2012 , 04:44 PM | #24
And why should we? You just duped thousands of paying customers into paying for this game when you were most likely planning to give us the F2P shaft to begin with? I know you're not getting anymore of my cash after this farce.

You pretty much just showed us how much contempt Bioware and EA have for the fans that have invested in this game since day one. The beta testers who begged you to fix the glaring issues that you ignored, the paying subscribers that were stuck on dead servers for months because you refused to admit the game was dying, the players who have dealt with your lag filled servers and lack of content faithfully since pre-launch/launch. You just gave all of us the digital finger. So why should we care about hurting your new friends feelings?
Oh god yes, THIS.

Revan-the-knight
07.31.2012 , 04:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Seregul View Post
These players don't exist yet and they're already being broad brushed and denigrated. Classic.
i blame the community for this

TUXs
07.31.2012 , 04:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
i blame the community for this
Don't blame me. I take offense to that. I've been a diligent subscriber with 3 accounts since early access. I didn't cause ANY of the trouble.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

BEVINCE
07.31.2012 , 04:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
... what? You know you can still pay $15 a month for the game right?
Yet why should we? Anyone who's ever fooled with a game that has a F2P model has seen how content goes downhill as the developers shift to catering to the cash shop versus subscribers. Look at LOTRO,DCUO,DDO...all of them decent player bases, but so cash shop heavy that it's disgusting. You'll eventually be forced to pay into their new system to do the most basic of things. I won't be shocked to see Op's and FP's set up to require you to purchase a "key" from the Cash Shop per run. The minor tithe of cartel cash subs get will cover some of that but if your a raid heavy player...prepare to open your wallet a little wider.
R.I.P
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Killed by EA's constant meddling

GalaxyStrong
07.31.2012 , 05:01 PM | #28
Giving them forum access would be a total disaster.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Shingara
07.31.2012 , 05:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
While we don't plan on allowing Free Players access to post on the forums, we do ask that you respect other community members, regardless of their status.
Thanks allison, made me a happy bunny.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

jarjarloves
07.31.2012 , 05:07 PM | #30
Yet why should we? Anyone who's ever fooled with a game that has a F2P model has seen how content goes downhill as the developers shift to catering to the cash shop versus subscribers. Look at LOTRO,DCUO,DDO...all of them decent player bases, but so cash shop heavy that it's disgusting. You'll eventually be forced to pay into their new system to do the most basic of things. I won't be shocked to see Op's and FP's set up to require you to purchase a "key" from the Cash Shop per run. The minor tithe of cartel cash subs get will cover some of that but if your a raid heavy player...prepare to open your wallet a little wider.
wow thanks for showing us you have no idea what you are talking about

DDO since going F2P has added 2 races and 2 classes plus a TON of new dungones. In fact they added more dungeons since going F2P then back when they where P2P.

LotrO since going F2P has added 2 FULL EXPANSION PACKS. as well as many content updates.

DCUO has added a bunch of new end game content and new playable classes.

Yes all the things they aded are in the cash shop BUT they are also Free to people who pay the subscription. Don't like the cash shop? Just pay your 14.99 and you don't have to see any adds or worry about getting any items from it.

You act as if once a game goes F2P you have to spend money in the cash shop to play even if you pay a monthly fee.
and yes if you are playing for free you WILL have to purchase the Operations and Flashpoints in the Cash shop. But if you are paying 14.99 a month you don't have to. See how it works??
Seriously grow up.

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"