Full Rakatta... Now What?

tdprange

It's really you're call. 61 mods are more pretty to look when you got you're character screen but to be honest Black hole gear really isn't much better than rakata. And also take in account if you loose you're set bonus if you actually use the armor shelling.

Really depends how patient you are with gearing up, because yes the campaign armorings are the way to go.

So I finally managed to get my Merc to be equipped with full Rakatta. What is the best way to gear him up from there. Is Should you save up the black hole comms for Black Hole pieces or just get the Campaign armor mods?

Hit up HM Denova. Get Campaign. Augment your Rakata with Black Hole pieces to slowly improve.

THen get Dread Guard from Asation.

Remember, stay away from Zorn. 25 meters.

It's really you're call. 61 mods are more pretty to look when you got you're character screen but to be honest Black hole gear really isn't much better than rakata. And also take in account if you loose you're set bonus if you actually use the armor shelling.

Really depends how patient you are with gearing up, because yes the campaign armorings are the way to go.

Rakata is itemized terribly. BH is a huge improvement.

Run GF dailies, BH and SX weeklies, Rakghoul weekly, and then any/all Ops weeklies for BH comms and replace all of the Rakata mods with 61s. Once you have mostly level 61 item modifications, you can worry about Campaign armorings for vanity. The only one that's a necessity is body due to lack of Reflex armorings in any BH bodies.

Can do that in parallel with running EC HM for Campaign gear to speed the process up.

Also, save up to buy 26/27 barrels outright or the mats to have them made. Barrel upgrades are one of the most potent sources to upgrade overall DPS.

I find rakata implants are better than black hole. black hole earpiece was better than anything i've seen. i bought the campaign armor mods.

as far as i can tell, Dreadguard is the only step up and that's only slightly.

you can pay millions for 27 mod upgrades. /shrug not worth it imo since Expansion will likely have better available.