Anyone else annoyed by crowded planets?

Cathest

When there are 6 instances of a planet and you smile because you finally found the one with the lowest population.... of only 115 people... yes, waaaayyyyy too crowded.

Grinding character #5 and this is the worst time I've ever had, so freaking tired of having to wait turns or try to ninja 5 other people just to be able to get required quest mobs. I'm this close to quitting, not going F2P, I mean walking away completely, over this retardation.

Something needs to be done, this is ridiculous. Again, great idea BW, close down all the servers and then launch your big idea to bring back all your lost players.

Increasing the respawn rate of mobs and objects will fix things just fine. TBH, I am in the "playing alt X" stage where X > 9, I get ninja'ed all the time, so, I ninja or I wouldn't get anything done. People need to learn to "click first" shoot later. Also, to be fair, if you know what you are doing depending on the "outside instance" encounter you can have your companion tank while you click and also tank a group while you take on another. It is possible to take on two "groups of mobs" at a time. ;)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had your problem.

Most of the time it's 5 people per planet on my server, tops.

Which server are you on? I'll have to roll a toon there just for the peace & quiet of uninterrupted farming.
The zones are too full (some of them) the servers are fine. :csw_yoda:
Maybe decrease the instance caps to under 200? Edited by GalacticKegger

What!? Populated planets are the BEST thing in a mmorpg. If there are no players, it's no fun. You cannot group with others and do heroics or flashpoints or pvp if there is no one on the server. I got pretty depressed when I hit Quesh because the only time I saw someone there was right at the elevator. On Hoth the same ****. Only like two people in the outposts, but aside from that, nobody. Which is why I quickly lost interested in leveling my main and created a bunch of toons. It is SO MUCH FUN to do the very first planet because it is so populated and you can actually do things together. And, of course, you don't have to kill 300 mobs first to reach a quest goal. I hate that ****. I was bad in Nar Shaddaa, where there are like 100 mobs on the quadrat meter and not enough people to make questing there comfortable enough. If you don't like other players around you (and I can understand this, kinda, I was always like this all these years and instantly changed the instance if I saw another player in my vicinity, but boy do I think different now), play a single player game. Replay KotoR and try another side or something.

Its not really a problem past Nar Shaddaa. By the time you hit Quesh its back to 20 or less most of the time. The early planets are all the folks trying for free....it is clear many are not making it much past 20.

Quesh is a tiny hiccup of a planet anyway.

Jung Ma is an EXTREMELY populated server in comparison to Master Dar Nala

TBH, Jung Ma is lacking compared to what it was mid summer. I can atest that my guild (the one that I am in) on that server is languishing. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Maybe decrease the instance caps to under 200?

Yeah I think so, some of the zones that have 200 caps currently, aren't really functional as zones quest-wise with even 100 people in them.

Performance-wise they are ok with up to 200 in, but if all your doing is waiting around with decent perfomance it's a bit silly.

Its' really the irony of the STWOR instance process.

Populated zones do mean more potential for player interaction, group-finding, etc which is good empty zones get rather stale. But they also make just running around for quest objectives rather tedious either because you're waiting for quest-objectives to respawn, or because they have no cooldown and you have like 5 copies of the same mob running around.

To me the most sensible answer would just be to create many more instances when needed, and leave the chat channels global. There's already a system in place for joining custom channels across world, so I can't imagine making a global world chat would be very hard.

In an ideal world this would probably also be accompanied with a method for automatically joining whatever instance your group leader is in if you get invited to a party from chat.

But in general more instances, and cross-instance (or even server-wide) type LFG, Trade, General, chats would do wonders for SWTOR.