Kolto Shell: Remove Heat Cost (Like it used to be.)

Daecollo

I think kolto shell needs work but I don't see why giving it 0 heat cost will help. I would rather the heal cost heat and be able to put it on more targets. Its the highest scaling heal in the game and the reason it was only able to be cast on 1 person in the first place was because it cost nothing. Give it a low cost and allow us to put it on more than 1 target and I really think we would be in a better place both in PvE and definitely in PvP. Its such a cost effective heal already.

Another thing that could happen with it is to make it so that when the heal procs on a target we get refunded X energy. Every 2 seconds-ish we could be getting heat back and it would make a world of a difference. The cost could stay the same and it would fix a lot of our heat issues.

Bottom line is that SOMETHING needs to happen to kolto shell. I just don't agree with the idea of going back to where it was (which was changed because they felt it needed a fix) and I would really like to see it move forward. It can easily be used for heat control and it could also just as easily give us more effective healing in the field for both pve and pvp.

I hear this a lot, but I'm not sure I believe it. Both other healing classes have bigger heals and better energy consumption. Not to mention better aoe, better pro-active heals, and better mobility.

No other healer has a 3% incoming healing buff that can be maintained indefinitely. No other healer has a 5% damage reduction shield that can affect an entire Ops group for 25s. Besides, Healing Scan - Rapid Scan - Emergency Scan is pretty good on-demand burst healing, not to mention the insane burst healing you can do with Supercharge and Vent Heat.

I dont ever remember Kolto Shell not cost heat, maybe i am just remembering wrong but i always have remembered Kolto Shell costing 16 heat. Really, the only problem with merc heals is Rapid Shots cant heal themselves, Heat Regen, and not enough heals on the move.

Here's some things that would help.

1. Make Rapid Shots vent 1 heat in CSC

2. in CSC allow Unload and Power Shot heal people (nothing major, but it gives us more flexable healing)

3. During Supercharge make Power Shot have no channel time (Remove heat cost reduction)

4. Increase duration on Proactive Medicine and healing on Proactive Medicine.

5. Change Peacekeaper to allow 3 Kolto Shells active (keeping it's 2 talent point ness) and grant 1.5%/3% Armor to shelled people.

6. Change Proactive Field to grant 1.5%/3% Healing increased while Guarded. (Unique talent to Merc Heals)

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

No other healer has a 3% incoming healing buff that can be maintained indefinitely. No other healer has a 5% damage reduction shield that can affect an entire Ops group for 25s. Besides, Healing Scan - Rapid Scan - Emergency Scan is pretty good on-demand burst healing, not to mention the insane burst healing you can do with Supercharge and Vent Heat.

Don't forget about the 10% damage reduction from Kolto Missle while Supercharged Gas is active.

Don't forget about the 10% damage reduction from Kolto Missle while Supercharged Gas is active.

It's 5% and it's my second sentence in that post. ;)

Very powerful and underrated ability though, for sure. A lot of folks don't seem to realize that the affected area is as large as the HoT effect (which is huge!) and has seemingly infinite targets (try it on a dense pack of people on the fleet).

Edited by Gondolindhrim

It's 5% and it's my second sentence in that post. ;)

Very powerful and underrated ability though, for sure. A lot of folks don't seem to realize that the affected area is as large as the HoT effect (which is huge!) and has seemingly infinite targets (try it on a dense pack of people on the fleet).

I thought you were talking about 5% armor buff from proactive medicine. But yeah I was wrong about the amount of SCG buff. Also agree that Kolto pods was a much needed buff, especially for the 16 ops that I run.

Edited by TezMoney

I thought you were talking about 5% armor buff from proactive medicine. But yeah I was wrong about the amount of SCG buff. Also agree that Kolto pods was a much needed buff, especially for the 16 ops that I run.

Ah, gotcha. I didn't mention Proactive Medicine as it's not unique to Mercs (Sorcs have it too). That buff *is* 10% however. :)