Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help Me Choose a Class! (And many other questions)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Help Me Choose a Class! (And many other questions)

Couratious
07.10.2019 , 12:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I believe that all new subscribed accounts get one Outlander pick for free. I'll continue writing while my other PC boots up so I can load up my second account on it.

You can also buy the "Outlander" token from the Cartel Market to get more bites at the "insta-60/insta-65" cherry, although the Master's Datacron (straight to 70) is better value. (The Outlander Token gives character-bound non-modifiable level 60 or 65 gear, while the Master's Datacron gives lowest-tier end-game (level 70) moddable set-bonus gear that is just like the set-bonus gear that drops from Command Crates, *and* it lets you play through the class story and SoR.)

To the general audience: the Outlander token lets you create a level 60 character with blue level 60 gear that begins at the beginning of KotFE (class story already complete and Shadow of Revan already complete) *or* a level 65 with blue level 65 gear that begins at the beginning of KotET (with the "first play" of KotET *also* complete).

OK, the other PC is up and logged in (Windows and SWTOR on SSD ==> *win*!). Yes, you get the equivalent of an Outlander token for free. See the "1 Boosted Characters"(1) below the words "Create Character".

(1) Complete with the singular "s" ending.
Ohhh okay thats good to know.

I have so much to learn😂

SteveTheCynic
07.10.2019 , 12:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Couratious View Post
Yeah its tough i definitely really liked the templar in eso because it could put out great damage with also great self heals and group off heals. But i really play everything in eso other than healer. For raids i was ussually dps or off-,tank.
If you don't mind ranged rather than melee, then Commando (Gunnery discipline) (or Arsenal discipline for Mercenary on the Empire side) is probably your best bet. It has good healing, including an in-combat rez, good survivability, and pretty sweet damage output.

For off-tank, I'd generally recommend one of the Jedi Guardian disciplines (probably Vigilance) or its Sith counterpart Sith Juggernaut (Vengeance discipline). They still have taunts and good defensive abilities, but better DPS than the Guardian/Juggernaut tank disciplines.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Couratious
07.10.2019 , 10:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
If you don't mind ranged rather than melee, then Commando (Gunnery discipline) (or Arsenal discipline for Mercenary on the Empire side) is probably your best bet. It has good healing, including an in-combat rez, good survivability, and pretty sweet damage output.

For off-tank, I'd generally recommend one of the Jedi Guardian disciplines (probably Vigilance) or its Sith counterpart Sith Juggernaut (Vengeance discipline). They still have taunts and good defensive abilities, but better DPS than the Guardian/Juggernaut tank disciplines.

Mhmm those sound good cause i wana make a ranged and melee character. The gunnery commando definitely sounds like my cup of tea 😊