Master's Datacron

XIIIE

Hmm thats a good question, I level all of my characters from lv 1 because I love all the SWTOR stories... but I never met or lv any character with the Master Datacron... maybe some of the veterans have done it... I like to know myself ty for bringing it up.

The short answer is "no". It doesn't matter *how* you skip the class story:

* insta60

* insta70

* start-at-1 buys and uses MD in the starter instance(1) and launches "The Hunt" (KotFE) or "Inflection Point" (Ossus)

* start-at-1 levels to 60+ by PvP, Heroics and FPs, then launches "The Hunt"

* start-at-1 levels to 70+ by PvP, Heroics and FPs, then launches "Inflection Point"

In all cases, you skipped the class story so it doesn't count.

On the other hand, if you buy an MD for a brand-new start-at-1, playing through the class story goes pretty quickly because you are level 70 with competent gear.

(1) Or anywhere else before the end of Corellia and the story-end battle.

• 2 weeks later...

Master Datacron affects level only. If you don't play through the story and finish the chapters you won't get the legendary status.

If you use the Master Datacron and go straight to any of the other content (like KOTFE, KOTET, Onslaught, etc) the story will auto complete with certain key decisions from the story up until whatever expansion you start made for you, but it doesn't count as completing the chapters for legendary.