General Consensus of Crafting in 6.0 as of 9/29/19 (Fix this before launch BW!)

Lhancelot

On a related topic, I have a hunch that a lot of this pointless angst, critics criticizing critics [it comes up frequently on here] is due to some pedantic nonsense that players like you are irked that Lhance...

Wow, I must have given up on this thread and didn't read the last few posts, my bad!

I missed this gem right here, right here where Ardossan defended me. Brought a RL tear to my eye... Ok, he defended me and others too, but who cares the important thing is he wrote on my behalf! Mine! :D

Too bad the thread itself did exactly as Ardrossan also said it would do by complaining about how crafting was on PTS. NOTHING.

Anyway, anyone wanting to site an example of feedback being ignored, just check out the hundreds if not thousands of threads and posts written just like this one when PTS was still up and running with 6.0.

They just don't care, tbh.

Crafting wasn't worth commenting on before PTS ended by anyone at BW, and it took them weeks to begin addressing the overwhelming amount of concern shown for crafting and it's completely broken state after 6.0 had already launched.

I guess this game will just end up having a useless crafting system, I mean many games are like that.

Thing is, usually games like that begin with no interest in crafting being a highly developed activity for players to take part in, and with SWTOR it already had been an established, successful activity players were part of when it was gutted and wrecked.

• 1 month later...
How's crafting now guys? It's been quite a few months, and plenty of time for adjustments. Has crafting been adjusted to where you think it ought to be?

Not even close.

Still too many mats required.

Green mats drop less than blue mats.

Green mat missions fail with lvl 50 companions on a regular basis, which pushes up the time requirements and cost for mats or to sell crafted items.

You only need to look on the GTN to see the most expensive mats are the green ones that should be the cheapest. It’s actually cheaper to buy blue and purple grade 11 mats than it is to buy green ones.

Deconstructing or reverse engineering items isn’t balanced between professions.

Some questions I would like answered by Bioware.

Please explain how the +10 profession and efficiency amplifiers are supposed to actually work?

With nine +10 profession amplifiers and and fourteen 1.50% efficiency amplifiers and 5 x lvl 50 companions, how can my companions fail medium tasks that aren’t even max grade 11 gathering missions or not Crit on basic greens?

Do the amplifiers combine to give you +90 towards your profession? How are they “supposed to work”.

I’ve also tested all of this with and with out the amp gear equiped. My companions don’t do anything faster with the efficiency amps on. And they don’t Crit crafted items or complete missions any more or less successfully than with the gear on.

I would say I’ve made about 5000 dyes since 6.0 landed. So far I cannot see any difference the Amplifiers make. The whole thing is a sham. Especially when they won’t even tell us how they are actually supposed to work and we can’t even report if they are bugged or not.

Before 6.0, my lvl 50 comps never failed basic missions, and especially not ones that were grade 1-9 missions, but now they do regularly.

The idea of getting your comps to lvl 50 for crafting is so they don’t fail and also for the extra speed. At the moment, it’s only the speed that still sort of works.

But the mission times are also out of tilted because they are too long for what you get in return and then you are also failing basic missions. Which is totally unacceptable after spending 5-9 million credits to get your comps to lvl 50.

And if you don’t have all lvl 50 comps, be prepared for 1 hour missions that fail a lot of the time.

Which is why the cost of green mats is soo high on the GTN.

The whole things is still not balanced. The small changes with 6,0.1 didn’t go far enough to make it worth while crafting anything more than my current dyes to sell and grade 11 Stims to personally use.

The rest of the grade lvl crafting is a joke. What rubs salt into the wound is the Kai Zykken crafting schematics that don’t work, but are still being sold each week (that is, unless they fixed that bug without me knowing).

Just curious, honestly why bad ? I have top end crit augments. 5 gold bichem schems. Green matts are dropping much better now. Do we expect to have every item topped out and cheap less than a Month into the expansion ?

What are your honest expectations?

Do you really want it to be easy mode ?

Most of the fixes people ask for on here are a joke. Crafting in other games is and was way more challenging than it is here.

If the chance to learn schematic for gold Mk2 medpac was really 5% (1 in 20) then the fact that I've now deconstructed >110 artifact medpacs and still no schematic means that I'm either unbelievable unlucky - or its just broken like so much else in 6.0

If the chance to learn schematic for gold Mk2 medpac was really 5% (1 in 20) then the fact that I've now deconstructed >110 artifact medpacs and still no schematic means that I'm either unbelievable unlucky - or its just broken like so much else in 6.0

Ditto for artifact augments at 10% - I did two groups of 20 and got no schem. Not worth the cost or time to keep trying.

I might go play a less buggy and disatifying game like Fallout 76.