Is there a "normal" Twi'lek skin color?

SW_display_name

I'm trying to design the most generic Twi'lek possible. Female, if that affects anything.

I see from character creation that Twi'lek is a Skittles species, but is one of these skin colors considered the "common" or dominant version? All I got from Wookieepedia is that Red is extremely rare and Blue is relatively rare.

So, I'm looking for the ideal skin color for your everyday, average, next-door neighbor Twi'lek. Is there a "common" Twi'lek skin color in the Star Wars lore? Anyone happen to have any insight on this?

I'm trying to design the most generic Twi'lek possible. Female, if that affects anything.

I see from character creation that Twi'lek is a Skittles species, but is one of these skin colors considered the "common" or dominant version? All I got from Wookieepedia is that Red is extremely rare and Blue is relatively rare.

So, I'm looking for the ideal skin color for your everyday, average, next-door neighbor Twi'lek. Is there a "common" Twi'lek skin color in the Star Wars lore? Anyone happen to have any insight on this?

Likely Green or Yellow. Was light blue on my Twi'lek, but changed it to yellow, when I saw it looked better (imo of course) at DS4 aaaaaand...Yellow Skin, Violet eyes, it just worked for me :)

In game, blue looks to be common for the playebase however, so you may prefere to go that route of common?

Hmm... I'd say most Twi'leks I see are orange, yellow, or green. I'd say just choose whichever looks best to you. Purple works too, but I'd say it's not as common as the other 3.

Hmm... I'd say most Twi'leks I see are orange, yellow, or green. I'd say just choose whichever looks best to you. Purple works too, but I'd say it's not as common as the other 3.

Blue is the most common, if I remember correctly (both in lore and in game).

Purple is uncommon (also from what I remember - there's also only one that appears in the movies, not 100% about books or comics) nor is it available for this game (sadly).

Would be nice if Twi'leks could get a better spectrum of available colors.

The sad part is, character creation in this game is piss poor. It sucks. It has so few options for anything. The devs f'ed up in this area very badly. Just look at the six to seven color options for Twi'leks. These people came in every shade of every color under the sun. Bioware decided to limit the color choices because it hurt their pea sized brains too much to think about all the colors a Twi could be.

Most common skin colors are the greens. Since we have so very few options, however, we only have a single green that I have seen.

The sad part is, character creation in this game is piss poor. It sucks. It has so few options for anything. The devs f'ed up in this area very badly. Just look at the six to seven color options for Twi'leks. These people came in every shade of every color under the sun. Bioware decided to limit the color choices because it hurt their pea sized brains too much to think about all the colors a Twi could be.

Most common skin colors are the greens. Since we have so very few options, however, we only have a single green that I have seen.

That's a harsh assessment, but there are some areas of character creation/design that could probably use an upgrade and "expansion" of choices. Twi'lek colors, Cathar hairstyles, Cyborg implants (pub side - no legacy unlocks), even body types (I'd prefer sliders for different areas of the body - height, muscle size, chest/hip/stomach size, etc) to name a few off the top of my head.

Also I think there are two different greens, there's slightly different shades based on faction if memory serves.

It's really hard to say, IMO. There's really not that much official canon on the subject, that I'm aware of. If you look at Wookieepedia, even it has statements that seem mildly contradictory:

From the general page on the Twi'lek species:

"There was not an even distribution of phenotypes across the Twi'lek population. The Lethan Twi'leks, red in coloration, were a rare subgroup,[7][12] perhaps even the most rare.[12] In contrast, the Rutian Twi'leks, which exhibited a blue phenotype, were more common among the population.[6]"

That kind of sounds like blue is common, but then . . .

From the :

"Rutian referred to one of the many skin tones of the Twi'lek species. Generally denoting a color somewhere between dark blue and aquamarine, of which other variations included teal and turquoise, this was among the rarest skin hues among Twi'leks, second only to the red-skinned Lethans."

So now we have the blues being second-rarest only to the reds. One could fit the first statement into that context, I suppose -- that in saying they were "more common among the population" they only mean in regards to Letheans, and not that they were common in general. Though if you only look at the general page without the stuff on the Rutian page, it doesn't quite come across that way, IMO.

And that's just the 'written lore.' One would hope that would reflect 'canon,' but if you look at the movies, comics, games and various sourcebooks, most every twi'lek of note after Aayla Secura is turquoise-blue. So it doesn't do much to uphold the whole 'rarity' thing. (I guess most twi'lek aren't blue or red, but the noteworthy ones always come from 'rare stock.')

There really isn't anything speaking to any color other than blue and red, which, while the most often-seen in named characters, are supposedly the rarer skin tones. So really . . . go with whatever you like, avoiding red and perhaps blue, as those are the 'hero-colors' reserved for twi'leks of note. ;)

Thanks guys. I guess the turquoise-blue does seem pretty common.

Also, digging around, Oola — the dancer Jabba kills in Episode VI — seems to be the first appearance of a Twi'lek in terms of real-life chronology. She has yellowish-green skin, although it's harder to tell from the weird lighting in the Palace scenes.

So far, I think it's...

• stay away from "Chiss blue" (seems to be one of the rare variations)
  • stay away from deep red (apparently very rare)
  • greenish/turquoise blue and yellow/yellow-green/green seem to be "standard" colors

I'm still not sure where "pink" falls, but then pink Twi'leks kind of remind me of anatomical diagrams in my biology text so I might avoid that color regardless. :p

It's really hard to say, IMO. There's really not that much official canon on the subject, that I'm aware of. If you look at Wookieepedia, even it has statements that seem mildly contradictory:

From the general page on the Twi'lek species:

"There was not an even distribution of phenotypes across the Twi'lek population. The Lethan Twi'leks, red in coloration, were a rare subgroup,[7][12] perhaps even the most rare.[12] In contrast, the Rutian Twi'leks, which exhibited a blue phenotype, were more common among the population.[6]"

That kind of sounds like blue is common, but then . . .

From the :

"Rutian referred to one of the many skin tones of the Twi'lek species. Generally denoting a color somewhere between dark blue and aquamarine, of which other variations included teal and turquoise, this was among the rarest skin hues among Twi'leks, second only to the red-skinned Lethans."

So now we have the blues being second-rarest only to the reds. One could fit the first statement into that context, I suppose -- that in saying they were "more common among the population" they only mean in regards to Letheans, and not that they were common in general. Though if you only look at the general page without the stuff on the Rutian page, it doesn't quite come across that way, IMO.

And that's just the 'written lore.' One would hope that would reflect 'canon,' but if you look at the movies, comics, games and various sourcebooks, most every twi'lek of note after Aayla Secura is turquoise-blue. So it doesn't do much to uphold the whole 'rarity' thing. (I guess most twi'lek aren't blue or red, but the noteworthy ones always come from 'rare stock.')

There really isn't anything speaking to any color other than blue and red, which, while the most often-seen in named characters, are supposedly the rarer skin tones. So really . . . go with whatever you like, avoiding red and perhaps blue, as those are the 'hero-colors' reserved for twi'leks of note. ;)

Blue is not a rare color. The Rutian shade is the rare blue. Some shades are more rare than others. Red is the rarest of all. Most shades of blue were pretty common, just like the greens. Rutian is just a rare shade of blue. I have not seen Rutian in the game, the blue I have seen looks normal so I think the OP is safe using it or green.

Edited by Kilikaa

• 6 years later...

I think the most common colours are green, yellow and orange. I'd dare say those three colours have equal percentages among the Twi'lek as to occurrence. Though mind you that that claim is based on what I see, not a specific sentence in lore or Wookieepedia.

However, Lethans (red skin) are meant to have the rarest skin colour among the Twi'lek. It's supposed to be an extremely rare genetic mutation. So, I'd say anything but the red colour should work nicely for what you ask.

Edited by Ylliarus

Is anyone else having an issue with twi lek skins? I have a dark red head and a light red body want same color red for the body!!

Most likely this is a result of dark side corruption. It can do weird things with the head colour.

Also... this has nothing to do with this thread, and was a massive necro...

Most likely this is a result of dark side corruption. It can do weird things with the head colour.

Also... this has nothing to do with this thread, and was a massive necro...

Huh... I need to check post dates more often xD I had no idea this was an old thread

• 2 months later...