Largest Casual Guilds?

Buckaru

Which guilds are the largest casual guilds on this server and do they span both factions? In our other MMOs, the gf and I usually gravitate to these types of guilds. We're really not into running anything more complicated than a flashpoint or world boss here and there. Mostly, we're huge altoholics who just like friendly people to chat with when we play. We like to log in and have a decent group of regulars online to chatter with while we level/craft.

Any guilds like that here?

Dual Sun Brigands and Dual Sun Shadows is a long standing guild suited for casual players. We've been around for 9 years now, so we're not goin' anywhere. While we run things now and then, we don't do anything on a schedule or require anything from members but a good sense of humor. Track down anyone with a Dual Sun tag and they can put you in touch with an Officer.

Any particular reason you are looking for the largest?

Dark Jesters is a fairly casual guild. We have players who pvp and players who pve. We have about 450 members (with alts included). We average 15 - 30+ people online and constantly growing. We use mumble and are a very social group. Check us out at http://www.darkjesters.enjin.com. Feel free to send me a tell in game or look up any other member to be directed to another officer.

The only reason I asked for the largest was in hopes that I'd find the guilds who actually have a decent number of people online at the same time. One of my alts is in a casual guild right now. The people are super friendly and I think they raid form time to time. But whenever I log on, there is no one on. Kinda of makes me sad.

Having 15+ people on during EST prime time is plenty as far as things go for a fun, casual atmosphere. :) If the guild also has a cross faction sister guild, that's even better. We have alts of both factions.

LBIC/LBCP is probably the largest, with 2 empire side and 1 pub side guild. (They hit the max players and had to create another guild).

I can't tell you about LBCP, but LBIC always has 50+ people online when I check.

Just do a "/who Little".

Not to say that the people from Dark Jesters aren't nice. :)

Edited by RyanReagan

Army of the Republic

The Army of Darkness (imperial)

We currently run 15 to 30 online most nights. When the server first launched there were alot of Mega guilds but I think over time people moved on or switched to the smaller guilds. We have 10 members whom came from the original mega guilds. We run alot of schedules but never require anyone to do any of the scheduled items.

here is the link to our recruitment thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=554541

The Old Timers Guild (OTG) has a very large presence on The Shadowlands with guilds on both the Empire & Republic. http://www.oldtimersguild.com

My gf applied to OTG, but got hung up when she was asked to get on Mumble. Is voice-chat a requirement for joining? It's not something we typically do because it makes it harder for me to interact with her while we game. After 11 years, it's just one of the many ground rules we've had to work out for game time. No Raiding - No Vent - No Skipping Showers. :D

My gf applied to OTG, but got hung up when she was asked to get on Mumble. Is voice-chat a requirement for joining? It's not something we typically do because it makes it harder for me to interact with her while we game. After 11 years, it's just one of the many ground rules we've had to work out for game time. No Raiding - No Vent - No Skipping Showers. :D

Voice chat is how we work with so many members. We help get our new members set up in the guild and in our private guild chat channel (it's a private channel that links our multiple guilds). It is also how we get to know each other better, but it is not required that someone has to stay in Mumble. We have many members that only get in Mumble for meetings, raids, events, pvp, etc. after getting in the guild.

Have her send me a PM on the OTG forums. My OTG forum name is Kaeli. :)