2 thermal regulators from wealthy mission. Is this a joke?

MorgothPl

Is that a joke Bioware? Wealthy missions in Treasure Hunting give 6 Purple mats, in UT they give 4-6 Purple mats.... and I run about 6 wealthy missions of slicing (on maxed +slicing crit companion with maxed crit crafting legacy perk) and each of them gave me 2 thermals. What's the point of having wealthy mission dropping less Purple mats than crit on rich?

Is that a joke Bioware? Wealthy missions in Treasure Hunting give 6 Purple mats, in UT they give 4-6 Purple mats.... and I run about 6 wealthy missions of slicing (on maxed +slicing crit companion with maxed crit crafting legacy perk) and each of them gave me 2 thermals. What's the point of having wealthy mission dropping less Purple mats than crit on rich?

It's a bit retarded. You get 2 without a crit, and 6 if you do crit.

U got real lucky ran alot of rich missions on 2 toons 50+ for thermal regs seen about 6 total must be broke or programer do not like getting paid i have just about had enough crafting should be some what rewarding....

other crafting class rich reward gets blue and purples....,

please put in bug report.... :mad:

Are you saying the crit crafting an augment legacy/character perk will increase your chance of gaining more items? Otherwise I don't think that would help other than what it says it does.

It has to be a bug, by definition Wealthy is better than Rich, and Rich gives 4 so we can just hope they fix this along with all the other ridiculous bugs (Viral Residue, Hollinium, Perfect Carbonic, hardly any 450 arch nodes on Makeb). Some of these bugs have been in since pts, yet the devs are talking about "looking into" the f'ed up mission rewards like this is a new thing. I don't see why it should take this long to fix, simply go in to the game code and remove all these useless items from the list of possible rewards... Problem solved! Go into the slicing mission rewards and change the number of Thermal Regulators for a wealthy. Problem solved! Edited by -Damask-

It has to be a bug, by definition Wealthy is better than Rich, and Rich gives 4 so we can just hope they fix this along with all the other ridiculous bugs (Viral Residue, Hollinium, Perfect Carbonic, hardly any 450 arch nodes on Makeb). Some of these bugs have been in since pts, yet the devs are talking about "looking into" the f'ed up mission rewards like this is a new thing. I don't see why it should take this long to fix, simply go in to the game code and remove all these useless items from the list of possible rewards... Problem solved! Go into the slicing mission rewards and change the number of Thermal Regulators for a wealthy. Problem solved!

Uh, no. Wealthy gives a gauranteed 2, crit you get 6. Rich you get zero or 4 on a crit.

Awesome i just got 2 also i swear Andronikos crits once out of every 1000 missions, it laughable. I would only have to run 3 more discoveries to make 2 augments , that's funny sense the missions cost 150k or more on the GTN. I'm just going to buy the stuff i need off the GTN. After spending hundreds of thousands of credits maxing affecttion with companions and countless garbage returns crew missions are a joke. Edited by Sobur

Here are some numbers you might be interested in. First, not all of my toons have 10k affection nor do they have the full crit from Legacy but, I still use them on slicing missions. Prior to 2.0 I was slicing for Advanced Neutral Augmentors. My Advanced Augment yield was 389/790 missions. Not a bad way to make a few credits till the bottom fell out 2.0 on these. So, 2.0 and new slicing missions for Thermal Regulators. These numbers are for the last 8 days only so I can't say what I would have yeilded when you would get just 1 Thermal drop. My Thermal yield was 216/797 missions. A far cry lower than Advance Augmentors. Intended or not IDK?

Same problem here. I seem to get more back from Talos or Xalek than andronikas. Well, that is when I DO get them which is not often. I think andronikas is bugged for some people. Almost finished grinding up another slicer to see if it's the same problem on a different toon. Sad thing is the lockboxes do not payout so you don't even recoup anything back for the failed and sucky mission return.

Same problem here. I seem to get more back from Talos or Xalek than andronikas. Well, that is when I DO get them which is not often. I think andronikas is bugged for some people. Almost finished grinding up another slicer to see if it's the same problem on a different toon. Sad thing is the lockboxes do not payout so you don't even recoup anything back for the failed and sucky mission return.
don`t know if to laugh or cry but the same thing i`m experiencing with SCORPIO , i send my +2 crit slicing companion(10k affection) on rich missions and he never crits! while others like kaliyo/vector(both around 7-8k affection and nothing to do with slicing) crit a lot on bountiful LOL Edited by iDraxter

but isnt it fun to repeatedly log in and out to just get the bountiful/rich missions that inevitably fail or return no crit materials?

no?

yeah not fun for me either.

Maybe it's only fixed on some servers and not others?

Myself and 4 other people I've checked with on Begeren Colony have been getting Thermal Regulators from running Bountiful/Rich missions.

I myself, with only 2 slicing toons and only a couple of hours a night, have a stack of 94 of the little buggers sitting in my bag.

Those having troubles, post which server you are on.

Maybe it's only fixed on some servers and not others?

Myself and 4 other people I've checked with on Begeren Colony have been getting Thermal Regulators from running Bountiful/Rich missions.

I myself, with only 2 slicing toons and only a couple of hours a night, have a stack of 94 of the little buggers sitting in my bag.

Those having troubles, post which server you are on.

I am sure it's not server specific, otherwise on some servers augments would be running 500k+. I have yet to find a thread about people complaining that the prices were that high. To be honest at most it's a character issue.

Uh, no. Wealthy gives a gauranteed 2, crit you get 6. Rich you get zero or 4 on a crit.

Uh, yeah... Other skills do not give two purples. Investigation 450 wealthy missions give 4 as they should. Wealthy missions have always given a minimum of 4 in the past.

If you have forgotten, 300 and 340 missions always gave us a minimum of 4 Lanthanide Modulators or Neural Augmentors. I'm guessing what they intended was 4 minimum or 6 for a crit.

Uh, yeah... Other skills do not give two purples. Investigation 450 wealthy missions give 4 as they should. Wealthy missions have always given a minimum of 4 in the past.

If you have forgotten, 300 and 340 missions always gave us a minimum of 4 Lanthanide Modulators or Neural Augmentors. I'm guessing what they intended was 4 minimum or 6 for a crit.

How does that have anything to do with my reply? You stated rich is better then a wealthy mission and I proved to you why that is not true.

I seem to remember having wealthy missions return 4 regulators last week. Sometimes 6 but never 2. Then I've got yesterday 2 missions both returning 2 regulators.

So either I'm remembering something wrong or there's a bug involved. An official clarification on the matter would be welcome.

So Wow! Just ran a wealthy mission last night and received no thermal regulators. Not even 1. Not to mention I have not got any in the last three day either. This is so messed up. Hope they fix this soon. I am going broke from running missions non stop. Andronikas fail!

So Wow! Just ran a wealthy mission last night and received no thermal regulators. Not even 1. Not to mention I have not got any in the last three day either. This is so messed up. Hope they fix this soon. I am going broke from running missions non stop. Andronikas fail!

3 days? I haven't received regulators in over a week now of almost constant running the mission.

They say that the overall chance is within expected limits but this behaviour shows an amount of streakiness that is suspect. If not in general, it certainly shows a VERY streaky behaviour on a per character (or account) basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I am a little frustrated here. I have ran over 50 missions now. ( yes I have been keeping a log out of frustration) All Rich or Bountiful and all with a companion that is max affection & +2 slicing crit on top of that I have the legacy crafting abilities that add 3% crit .

Out of those 50+ missions I have had 0 crits = 0 thermal regulators..

I have found around 12 thermal regulators while running seeker droid missions.

Something is off here.

Im runnign between 10 and 15 missions a day, i would probably say its more like 15 but lets say its 10 for arguments sake. thats 50 missions over the last 5 days. In that time I have had thermal regulators come backa total of 3 times, for a total of 12. SO thats a 6% chance of getting mats from a mission. I know the numbers should be low, to make them hard to get but 6% of a crit on a mission, and Im using scorpio most the time on the rich missions. Im starting to wonder if its just me, or are others having returns as bad as this/ ( and reading over the thread I would say some are as bad as me).