Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP rewards need to be similar to vet FP runs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP rewards need to be similar to vet FP runs.

Raansu
02.02.2020 , 02:30 AM | #1
BW, ya'll really need to do something about PvP rewards. The whole "play your way" thing doesn't really fly when pvp basically gives nothing. The boxes you get for a win gives me a bunch of blue gear half the time.

omeru
02.02.2020 , 09:40 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
BW, ya'll really need to do something about PvP rewards. The whole "play your way" thing doesn't really fly when pvp basically gives nothing. The boxes you get for a win gives me a bunch of blue gear half the time.
Well when they said play your way what they actually meant was "Play your way on the content we want you play." So they just want you to spam FPs thats all. If more player focuses on pvp then they will ask class balance, bug fixes real pvp rewards and with less player playing it is very easy yo ignore them.

Floplag
02.02.2020 , 10:18 AM | #3
100% agreed. 10 times over.
Its completely crazy the differential.
Its literally double for time invested.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

omeru
02.02.2020 , 12:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
100% agreed. 10 times over.
Its completely crazy the differential.
Its literally double for time invested.
Double? Only way you get upgrade from pvp boxes is daily and weekly rewards and you will never get an upgrade from a normal pvp box so if you gear only with pvp it should take atleast 5-6 times more. Worst thing about BW and which is a total dick move btw, when they add something in game it is done they dont even look back if they did it bad or good. All your suggestions and reports are just ignored and it is opposite what a mmo developer should do. They dont have a real pts where you actually test a finished product to refine it so refining has to done in live game but they also dont have developers team that' willing to do it since they are trying to add new things in game. They will just throw half finished content constantly and will never go back and actually finish them. 10th year of swtor is near and they still act like they just released a mmo first time.

Varindran
02.02.2020 , 01:50 PM | #5
I agree, a start would be giving 2 boxes for a win and 1 for a loss that way it does not feel like a complete waste of time if you do lose a match so you get at least something out of it.

Aeneas_Falco
02.02.2020 , 11:58 PM | #6
Agreed, though I'd limit it to wins only. Losses should be treated like being unable to get past the first boss of a FP, with no rewards. If people want to mindlessly damage farm on the center tier of Quesh or get blown up in arena because they all didn't care enough not to focus the same target, they should get nothing. Players should have to play correctly to earn rewards.

SlimPikinz
02.03.2020 , 04:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
Well when they said play your way what they actually meant was "Play your way on the content we want you play." So they just want you to spam FPs thats all.
Not even that. Hammer Station is all you get. I only do PvP but am forced to do FP's to catch up. All I ever get is Hammer Station. I had an Ilum Master Mode once out of 30+ attempts.
Resol'nare: Ba'jur, Beskar'gam, Ara'nov, Aliit, Mando'a bal Mand'alor- An vencuyan mhi.

TrixxieTriss
02.05.2020 , 10:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
100% agree with this topic.

And I’ve been saying this should happen since day one of the expansion. But it’s become glaringly obvious Bioware don’t give a **** about the dogs breakfast they’ve created and left to fester in some parts of the game.

I gave up them ever fixing the gearing for pvp. So I bit the bullet and I run vet flash points or MM ones with my wife to gear up. Which we shouldn’t need to do.

One 7-12 min flash point nets more gear than I can get pvping for an hour+. Not to mention the gear I get in the flash points is a lot closer to my iRating of 306. Which means the lowest gear I get is 302.
But if I get gear drops from pvp, it is often 290-298 purple rubbish when I’m wearing 306. Which is totally F up.

Pvp already has the slowest amount of gearing and tech frag drop, but getting 290-298 gear just rubs salt into an already gangrenous wound.

TrixxieTriss
02.05.2020 , 11:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimPikinz View Post
Not even that. Hammer Station is all you get. I only do PvP but am forced to do FP's to catch up. All I ever get is Hammer Station. I had an Ilum Master Mode once out of 30+ attempts.
If you have a stealth Alt or one other person you can group with, just spam red reaper solo or together and it takes 7-12 mins per run.

I can easily solo RR on vet mode now and I’m sure I could do it on MM if the second boss didn’t always one shoot my healing comp.

My wife and I mostly run MM RR together and it takes about 8-9 mins on two Sins or about 12 mins on non stealth classes.

We never use group finder as it’s not needed and most of them are noobs who would only slow us down.

sharkfishman
02.05.2020 , 11:16 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Pvp already has the slowest amount of gearing and tech frag drop, but getting 290-298 gear just rubs salt into an already gangrenous wound.
This picturesque description is ironic, because I think that rubbing salt into dead flesh wouldn't actually hurt. It would probably be a good way to cut down on the infection, though you may need to amputate to save your life.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352567

I guess that means that parts of PVP need to be amputated to save the game? Yeah, sounds about right.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."