Please allow different difficulties in group finder ops

Corraldh

Hi everyone,

We've been gaining Command XP for 9 months now and a lot of us have reached tier 3 and 4. Please allow us to choose if we are looking for Story, Veteran, or Master mode in the Group Finder Op of the day.

This seems like a simple change that would enhance the elder player's play experience.

Thanks!

Dekion

Hi everyone,

We've been gaining Command XP for 9 months now and a lot of us have reached tier 3 and 4. Please allow us to choose if we are looking for Story, Veteran, or Master mode in the Group Finder Op of the day.

This seems like a simple change that would enhance the elder player's play experience.

Thanks!

Dekion

I'm all for more options but this seems like a "careful what you wish for" situation. Pugging SM Ops is an "adventure" enough as it is. I shudder to imagine how many GF pug Vet/MM would ever be completed, let alone progressed past maybe second bosses.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Dekion

They should add Veteran & Master Mode with a gear check in place

this seems like a "careful what you wish for" situation.

I agree. VM and MM are intended for "progression groups" not PuGs. If you want to participate in VM or MM ops find a guild or join a custom channel.

People actually queue for OPS?! Most I've seen is people form the group themselves then queue...

In my experience this is true, BUT that does not mean they are not PuGs

Group finder shouldnt teleport to Operation (except the ones that cannot be reached without doing previous quests, like Iokath one or Makeb one).

Because...taking longer to get a group together to do an Op is ... more fun?

Because...taking longer to get a group together to do an Op is ... more fun?

Because that was the way intended.. if not, why not remove all the external content? why not remove the worlds? quests? gear? just release a few flashpoints and operations each year and pay it like a left 4 dead dlc.

Signed. More Conquest objectives and daily CXP bonuses for my raid group, please :D

Also, people do pug HM ops on Ebon Hawk with some frequency. Even seen a NiM or two pugged for. I'm sure that, just like with SMs, it'd be mostly guildies and friends pre-forming and hitting the queue button, but harder pugs do happen.

I'm all for more options but this seems like a "careful what you wish for" situation. Pugging SM Ops is an "adventure" enough as it is. I shudder to imagine how many GF pug Vet/MM would ever be completed, let alone progressed past maybe second bosses.

^^^THIS! To the OP, the operations difficulties isn't just having higher tiers of gear in order to do the same thing. The bosses and adds to put out more damage and have higher health as expected but there are additional mechanics that occur in hard mode and nightmare mode that require voice communications and knowing what the other members of your raid will do..something that rarely happens in a PUG group. As Aero pointed out Story mode Operations Pugging is a coin toss on if we'll pass it, I don't see HM and NM group finder ops being successful.

^^^THIS! To the OP, the operations difficulties isn't just having higher tiers of gear in order to do the same thing. The bosses and adds to put out more damage and have higher health as expected but there are additional mechanics that occur in hard mode and nightmare mode that require voice communications and knowing what the other members of your raid will do..something that rarely happens in a PUG group. As Aero pointed out Story mode Operations Pugging is a coin toss on if we'll pass it, I don't see HM and NM group finder ops being successful.

As mentioned before tho, many groups form up beforehand and just use GF to queue in for CXP and/or Conquest points. You can do that with HMs as easily as you can SMs...

They should add Veteran & Master Mode with a gear check in place

But gear, especially in the era of free BiS gear via Galactic Command doesn't mean they have ever raided before or even know how to raid and know their class. I saw a full 248 geared guy in a GF SM op completely tripping over himself. I checked his achievements and he's never raided before but using a gear check he could have queued for NM Ops in a NM GF if it existed.

As mentioned before tho, many groups form up beforehand and just use GF to queue in for CXP and/or Conquest points. You can do that with HMs as easily as you can SMs...

There's no such thing as too many groups forming for raids IMO regardless of the method they use to form. I'd rather form a good group for a SM fun run and then queue for an instant pop than wait for the DPS who runs out the ready check on GF since he's AFK and get autorequeued. Frequently we'll also form a group and then use GF to flesh it out with missing DPS as well. That being said I rarely have an issue solo queuing GF on Imperial Harbinger, it's the pub side where GF is non-existent unless you pre-form a group in fleet chat.

No, it sucks. Ops leaders go through enough hoops as it is. His desire is ridiculous.

Very true. There's always one who's never been to the actual entrance and, for some reason, has never known there is a minimap right on the screen! :rolleyes:

Oh, and there's also the people who DECLINE the Guild Summon! Then they ask for a resummon...:mad:

Very true. There's always one who's never been to the actual entrance and, for some reason, has never known there is a minimap right on the screen! :rolleyes:

Oh, and there's also the people who DECLINE the Guild Summon! Then they ask for a resummon...:mad:

$#@&%! :mad: Those people infuriate me lol.

I'll be honest, on the Imp Fleet, I'm lost as can be...without a summons, I wouldn't be able to find a freaking mailbox...if I don't get summoned to an Op or FP, I have NO clue where to go...I can find it, eventually, but I am nothing but a burden at that point.

Sometimes a person asked for a resummon because they get a companion back from a mission and they are getting the items from the companion, so it shows up as declined. I have done that before and apologized but I explained I was clicking on a companion mission just as they sent the summon. So it is not always them just declining to be a pain, it could be a reason.

Regarding the entrance, sometimes a person is unsure where to go. I used to be that way when I started doing them and all the maps in the world didn't help me in the beginning. My friends used to laugh at me and say leave it to a girl not to be able to read a map. Finally my boyfriend taught me so now no problems.

Edited by casirabit

Just saying but... probably you shouldnt go into operations with someone who actually doesnt know where the operation gate is...

If your problem is people are "too braindamaged" to click on an ACCEPT SUMMON button... that logic could be applied to very difficult encounters like Blaster or even to operation difficulties, "my group of random people which i totally picked up and i spent literally zero minutes in debriefing about what we are going to do and what do they need to do is unable to complete Blaster :(... please make it easier, just put a button in the middle of the screen so they can smash it and win some loot!".

More than half the operations and flashpoints have a gateway in the Imperial Fleet and i can kinda agree that some like the Makeb and the Iokath that require pre-quests to reach them should have some "easy" access...

But literally, in order to go into any operation (be it in the Imperial Fleet or in planets) you can just travel to the planet and quick travel to the door of that operation :/...

I think that if a group leader/operations leader runs into the operation, then the other members of the group/operation should be able to have a fast travel directly into the instance via a minimap tab button or something. I know a lot of mmo's that have something similar to this. No need for asking for a summons or getting lost or frustrated waiting for just one person to find the place this way.

I have no real comment on group finder ops, not many games I've played have raids in a group finder, except WoW's LFR I guess.

Edited by Asmodesu

Group finder shouldnt teleport to Operation (except the ones that cannot be reached without doing previous quests, like Iokath one or Makeb one).

For those offended by my comments because you've been that guy or girl, it was in reference to the above comment. The function to travel to an operation or other group activities through group finder is an essential function that would preclude you or others from feeling bad about wasting 3 or 7 other people's time and credits/money. Time meaning actual time, cxp boosts, summons cooldowns (sometimes only one person has the permissions in a pug), and stim timers. Credits/money in the form of summons fees and any credit and token cost of boosts and stims as well as Cartel Coins if used to buy said boosts.

No one cares how a full guild or a group of complete friends wastes each other's time and money, but in a PUG setting I think it should not be expected to be taken that lightly.