50k conquest goal - way too high?

Lukas_H

Depends. Patch notes say:

"The points earned for completing Conquest Objectives has been raised by a ratio in line with the Guild Invasion targets."

So if the point value increases are the way they say, you won't notice a difference. Just depends on how much the values are worth.

I'm at work so I can't, but I would login, write down the current values, then after the patch releases, compare the difference between the previous to the new values.

• The points required to complete personal Conquests has been increased to 50,000 (up from 15,000).
  • The points required to complete a Small Yield Guild Invasion has been increased to 500,000 (up from 170,000).
  • The points required to complete a Medium Yield Guild Invasion has been increased to 2,000,000 (up from 550,000).
  • The points required to complete a Large Yield Guild Invasion has been increased to 5,000,000 (up from 1,130,000).

• The points earned for completing Conquest Objectives has been raised by a ratio in line with the Guild Invasion targets.

For personal conquest goals it's a 233% increase. Small Yield it's a 194% increase, Medium Yield it's a 263% increase, Large Yield it's a 342% increase. So I'm guessing that conquest objectives award between 194% - 342% more points? If it's only a 194% increase, your personal conquest goal just got raised by 20% (which would have required you to reach 18000 points).

Not much in the grand scheme of things, however we'll see if the patch notes are accurate or if the proverbial wool is trying to be pulled. For example crafting 50 items used to award 300 points, it should in theory be 1000 points now if you go by a 233% increase.

Edited by Transcendent

Never did conquest on my toons, both solo and guild, kinda worthless since rewards are trash, waste of time in my opinion,

I've made hundreds of millions of conquest rewards mate.. its the quickest way to earn credits in the game, but your loss i guess. ;)

Never did conquest on my toons, both solo and guild, kinda worthless since rewards are trash, waste of time in my opinion,

We're not here to tell you what to value in the game. Fair is explaining to you the value conquest has for others.

Conquest is how guilds grow in level, and as they grow in level, offer more benefits for their members, both in terms of unlocked perks in the flagship and % xp, % repuation, and % reknown.

Subsequently, some players may wish to be in a guild offering a 15% xp boost than a guild full of people refusing to do conquest who are locked in the starting rate of 5%.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Only the "official" conquest objectives had their point values increased, by a factor of 3, on PTS.

Everything else, such as heroics, stayed the same as it was.

Plus, some of the objectives were removed.

Didn't see any added.

We're not here to tell you what to value in the game. Fair is explaining to you the value conquest has for others.

Conquest is how guilds grow in level, and as they grow in level, offer more benefits for their members, both in terms of unlocked perks in the flagship and % xp, % repuation, and % reknown.

Subsequently, some players may wish to be in a guild offering a 15% xp boost than a guild full of people refusing to do conquest who are locked in the starting rate of 5%.

Summed it up perfectly. If people don't like the Conquest system, then simply don't participate it in, but there are numerous benefits to it.

Only the "official" conquest objectives had their point values increased, by a factor of 3, on PTS.

Everything else, such as heroics, stayed the same as it was.

Plus, some of the objectives were removed.

Didn't see any added.

This. If you always hit your conquest point goals by doing the OP, FP, or PVP objectives then you'll be fine and won't notice much of a difference. If you relied on other means to hit conquest, including Galactic Rampage (which appears to have been completely removed), then you'll notice a major difference. Basically, if you're a solo players or a small guild you're getting screwed.

Not to mention that for this week, even if your guild did hit its invasion target, you likely won't get rewards because they're going to base the invasion targets on the new values. So don't be surprised if you log in after the update expecting to get your guild conquest rewards and you get nothing.

Not to mention that for this week, even if your guild did hit its invasion target, you likely won't get rewards because they're going to base the invasion targets on the new values. So don't be surprised if you log in after the update expecting to get your guild conquest rewards and you get nothing.

Well, they did warn us about it. A bit late but we still had 4 days or so. Our guild made sure to hit 5million (we were on Large Yield). Finished with around 5.2mil - only got over 5mil on Monday evening. Took us more guild runs of fps and ops than usual but we worked together and accomplished it. I can see how guilds that can barely hit the "old" Large Yield might not have been able to get that much. So I agree, it's not the greatest situation. But if someone is surprised by not getting rewards and says "if we knew, we could have pushed harder", that's on them. There is no way there is not even one person in their guild who follows Dev posts. And if there truly is no one, then guild officers/guild leader should really start doing that.

Edited by Equeliber

Well, they did warn us about it. A bit late but we still had 4 days or so. Our guild made sure to hit 5million (we were on Large Yield). Finished with around 5.2mil - only got over 5mil on Monday evening. Took us more guild runs of fps and ops than usual but we worked together and accomplished it. I can see how guilds that can barely hit the "old" Large Yield might not have been able to get that much. So I agree, it's not the greatest situation. But if someone is surprised by not getting rewards and says "if we knew, we could have pushed harder", that's on them. There is no way there is not even one person in their guild who follows Dev posts. And if there truly is no one, then guild officers/guild leader should really start doing that.

I play on a few different servers and even have toons in a pub side guild on DM. The GM of the guild I'm in there and all of the players that were online had no idea about needing to hit the new targets. They are a big enough guild they easily hit the 5 million points, but there was no mass communication that was honestly needed for this.

Customer service is going to have their hands full tonight.

It doesn't matter that we were "informed." What matters is that we chose a planet to invade based upon the stated goal. We did the work to meet that goal. We should receive the rewards for completing that goal. They changed the rules after the game had already started and gave no consideration for how that would impact the majority of guilds. And yes, I do believe that it is the majority of guilds based upon prior reviews of the invasion leader boards. For most weeks the leader boards are filled with guilds that surpass the invasion target but get no where near these new numbers.

If they had any semblance of customer service they would grant conquest rewards to anyone who completed their guild target regardless of if that means giving out the new rewards without meeting the new targets. I agree with Darev, CS is going to get a flood of reports today as they rightly should.

Edited by ceryxp

It doesn't matter that we were "informed." What matters is that we chose a planet to invade based upon the stated goal. We did the work to meet that goal. We should receive the rewards for completing that goal. They changed the rules after the game had already started and gave no consideration for how that would impact the majority of guilds. And yes, I do believe that it is the majority of guilds based upon prior reviews of the invasion leader boards. For most weeks the leader boards are filled with guilds that surpass the invasion target but get no where near these new numbers.

If they had any semblance of customer service they would grant conquest rewards to anyone who completed their guild target regardless of if that means giving out the new rewards without meeting the new targets. I agree with Darev, CS is going to get a flood of reports today as they rightly should.

I wasn't in a guild that participated in the conquest goal, I also agree that guilds that were active and invaded based on the stated goals should be awarded the new rewards based on the old targets they had to meet. There certainly wasn't any communication in-game or via the launcher of the change midway through the conquest run.

It would be the decent thing for BioWare to do, I'd support that even as a player who didn't participate.

I have a feeling this will kill my small guild. Our main goal upon returning to the game was to work toward completing our Guild Ships. It would have been a rather slow process for a two man team to do but we could at least make progress on it. Now by making the conquest objectives the only efficient way to attain the weekly personal goals, once the objectives are done once for the day there is little reason to work on alts as their personal goal has tripled and their means to reach it have not. Thus we will have far fewer characters reach their personal goal for the week and even if we do hit the new guild invasion goal it will be with far fewer characters getting the rewards so slows already creeping progress toward our ship.

You get conquestpoints from literally everything, doesn't matter what you do you get conquestpoints, even more so if you decorate your strongholds :p

I don't even try to get points but only play the stuff I want and end up with about 150k points per week with 4 or so twinks, more so if i crafted stuff on the sidelines.

True if you have like 40 twinks you all want to get done, then you have to invest waaaaay more time. But then it's kinda your "fault" too :)

Well I am willing to give it a go and see if indeed it takes around the same time to complete a conquest via my game play style.

I don't do WZ's Don't do Operations. So if it still takes around the same time to do a conquest as it did before todays patch its not a issue. If it takes a lot longer because I'm a solo player, even if still reachable then it's bye bye conquests. Still as said worth looking at before complaining or making assumptions.

You get conquestpoints from literally everything, doesn't matter what you do you get conquestpoints, even more so if you decorate your strongholds :p

I don't even try to get points but only play the stuff I want and end up with about 150k points per week with 4 or so twinks, more so if i crafted stuff on the sidelines.

True if you have like 40 twinks you all want to get done, then you have to invest waaaaay more time. But then it's kinda your "fault" too :)

Amazing, every word of what you just said... was wrong.

• Decorating your stronghold has nothing to do with your stronghold conquest bonus and hasn't for a while. All that matters now is having the stronghold fully unlocked.
  • While the goal totals were increased by approximately 300%, and the conquest objectives were increased by approximately 300%, they also removed some of the solo friendly objectives, and the point values for just playing the game were not increased by a commensurate amount. So, gone are those days of just "play[ing] the stuff [you] want" because if you don't complete the conquest objectives, of which many weeks are very unfriendly to alts, solo players, and small guilds, then no conquest for you.

My bad, i never tracked how much decorating did on conquest when it still did, all I know is that I have about 100% extra boost... from having strongholds I guess?

Anywho if you play solo in an online game and complaining that you don't achieve certain goals then it still kinda is your fault :p

And even if they get rid of some stuff, if before i reached 150k without really trying i think it's more than realistic to say that 50k is still easy to reach then. But we will see i guess, no point in arguing now before changes are even played a day :)

Edit:

Every word? I don't think so, some - maybe but no need to exaggerate :p

Edited by funnypat

Amazing, every word of what you just said... was wrong.

• Decorating your stronghold has nothing to do with your stronghold conquest bonus and hasn't for a while. All that matters now is having the stronghold fully unlocked.
  • While the goal totals were increased by approximately 300%, and the conquest objectives were increased by approximately 300%, they also removed some of the solo friendly objectives, and the point values for just playing the game were not increased by a commensurate amount. So, gone are those days of just "play[ing] the stuff [you] want" because if you don't complete the conquest objectives, of which many weeks are very unfriendly to alts, solo players, and small guilds, then no conquest for you.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, However still may be worth seeing how 6.0 plays out. It maybe good, bad or changes nothing in terms of how many characters alts can get the weekly conquest goal. I still fully expect some weeks to be very bad for solo players as it is now.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Decorating gives zero conquest points. There are no daily/weekly conquest objectives for such an activity, nor does it give any xp points which would translate to cq points. It doesn't even contribute to cq points bonus which is tied purely to numbers of SH (rooms) opened.