Smuggler names

necrotura

Hello fellow Smugglers/future smugglers

when naming the smuggler what are your rules on names?

a real-ish sounding name or non-real name?

i am having a toss up between (i had to say it) Hand-solo (as a joke pvp name) or a more real sounding name.

what is the smuggler community's thoughts?

Edited by necrotura

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to gravitate toward more authentic names. My main smuggler is a Mirialan with (you guessed it) a Mirialan-sounding, ethnic name (and a couple of good aliases, of course). I think joke names really compromise the immersion factor of a game; it's really jarring to run across either a real-life name or a name like 'Darth Vader' that totally skews the timeline. Edited by Shizuo

I'll do the best I can without exhaustively researching Star Wars lore to make a name that sounds like it could fit in the Star Wars Universe. That means my name might be jarring to a true junky, but at least it won't be a silly pun or somethin gripped off of canon (and if it winds up being that, it's not intentional).

So, I have Cale and Lyndoari as of right now.

I always look poorly on people with dumb names while a truly epic name is something to be admired. Now some people make their own names and they sound pretty dumb, like a 13yo who spends too much time in the bathroom but is trying to change his ways but isn't quite there yet.

However, if you can muster a truly epic name AND pwn in PvP, thats pretty cool I think.

My Smuggler in SWG had my real life first name and a last name that was a native american name translated into English that the Cherokee gave my grandfather. The way it turned out was a similar pattern to "Luke Skywalker" but obviously with all 3 parts (Luke, Sky, Walker) being different words.

But I wasn't able to get my first name on the Canderous Ordo server, so I chose the name Rallick. It's an assassin character in a fantasy series I'm reading, so it doesn't quite fit but sort of does at the same time. I don't think it's too jarring in the Star Wars Universe.

Hello fellow Smugglers/future smugglers

when naming the smuggler what are your rules on names?

a real-ish sounding name or non-real name?

i am having a toss up between (i had to say it) Hand-solo (as a joke pvp name) or a more real sounding name.

what is the smuggler community's thoughts?

Hand-solo is silly. Get creative.

Through all my MMOs, I tend to pick a character from a book I'm currently reading or have read in the past. If it's available, I'm going with Roland. Bonus points to those of you who know what that's from. Edited by JavaJoe

Through all my MMOs, I tend to pick a character from a book I'm currently reading or have read in the past. If it's available, I'm going with Roland. Bonus points to those of you who know what that's from.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.