So....Jan-10.....where's the ilum "revamp"?

Royox

Where is it? They told "in January" we would have some kind of "ilum revamp event"...where is it?

January ain't over, Champ.

Oh, by the way, it's players like you that prevent BioWare from ever releasing solid release dates. Thanks much to you and your friends for that...

Edited by Kubernetic

thanks to the holiday delay you can probably expect it the final week of jan. They havent even hinted if they are throwing it up on the PTR for testing or just going to release it to live and let us deal with the many many many bugs and lag issues that are sure to be there.

thanks to the holiday delay you can probably expect it the final week of jan. They havent even hinted if they are throwing it up on the PTR for testing or just going to release it to live and let us deal with the many many many bugs and lag issues that are sure to be there.

Return of Ilum... How will they deal with that fps there, I have no clue. It's gonna be a mess. Many players have a game stop for a second or two when enemy player loads up on their screen; that's how I know that there is some enemy nearby. heh.

Oh, by the way, it's players like you that prevent BioWare from ever releasing solid release dates. Thanks much to you and your friends for that...

Bioware doesn't release jack for dates because they CHOOSE not to, not because of any player. To suggest otherwise is just silly.

Silly or common sense? ;)

Stupid - since you asked my opinion. People like time-frames. Rough, adjustable, flexible...only a few people like the OP believe dates can't change - the majority understands this isn't fast food.

Stupid - since you asked my opinion. People like time-frames. Rough, adjustable, flexible...only a few people like the OP believe dates can't change - the majority understands this isn't fast food.

Have you ever played an MMO? Or worked for a large company? Unless something is 100% finished you do not give a guarantee because falling behind for any reason will get you slated.

That is why Soon is an in-joke, because it is from ALL MMO's.

Have you ever played an MMO? Or worked for a large company? Unless something is 100% finished you do not give a guarantee because falling behind for any reason will get you slated.

That is why Soon is an in-joke, because it is from ALL MMO's.

No, I'm only 5....OF COURSE I HAVE! Timelines are perfectly acceptable, even for companies like EA. They are NOT guarantees...they are given to build hype and anticipation. They're used to market your game. Falling behind, but still working on it, is perfectly acceptable to the overwhelming majority of players.

Well, right about the time they release Hypergates, 1.6, BW announced that the next big update would be on a 8 week cycle instead of the 6 week cycle they started in November because of the holidays. So I would look for 1.7, the Ilum revamp, sometime in early Feb. Let me see if I can find the link.

I thought last I had heard it has been moved to February, the January comment was pretty old. And the recent live Q&A is where they said 8-9 weeks to next update because of the holidays, which would put it in early Feb.

Thanks. Yes, it is was discussed in the Q&A.

"but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year"

That is straight from Jeff Hickman's state of the game #2. Ilum is dead and so is world pvp for the next year and probably forever.

This is misleading. Something is being done to revamp Illum soon. No major effort is being done to revamp open world. The concepts are somehow separate, it's not completely clear how though.

This is misleading. Something is being done to revamp Illum soon. No major effort is being done to revamp open world. The concepts are somehow separate, it's not completely clear how though.

Easy, they're just going to make a new "Outlaws Den" on Illum and count on it having about the same popularity.

OMG ...... If the cry babys get their ways we will have "fast food" quality in the expansions. Beause they whined so much for more content, the Dev's will just rush stuff out to meet the masses and ruin the game further. Id rather the Dev's take a reasonable amount of time to perfect newer content. Hell i'd settle for excusess like.... we finally got to that "known buggs list".....and fixed 95% of it, so sorry for the expansions delay.