Level 10-49 warzones

obi-joachim

Hello fellas!

Currently in warzones from level 10 to 49 your stats get boosted to what it would normally be in level 49/50 (correct me if I am wrong). Sadly the lower leveled will have a huge disadvantage against a higher leveled due to the lack of new spells the higher level has. What my question is to you is whether you would rather have every character from 10 to 49 be boosted automatically when they join a warzone so they have all abilities a level 49 or 50 would have, or would this be too complicated for the lowbies?

Just a thought I have had a while.

Edited by obi-joachim

Hello fellas!

Currently in warzones from level 10 to 49 your stats get boosted to what it would normally be in level 49/50 (correct me if I am wrong). Sadly the lower leveled will have a huge disadvantage against a higher leveled due to the lack of new spells the higher level has. What my question is to you is whether you would rather have every character from 10 to 49 be boosted automatically when they join a warzone so they have all abilities a level 49 or 50 would have, or would this be too complicated for the lowbies?

That really makes no sense. They're not as far as they are in their training. This reflects on the characters personally.

it wouldnt work because if they gave us the skill-set of a lvl 49 they'd build a case against how horrible expertise is at 50. There would actually be balance in 1-49 if everyone was bolstered and set to a 49, while there will never be balance at 50 as long as some AC'es become power houses with expertise while others seemingly don't get **** out of it. Edited by Washingtoon

it wouldnt work because if they gave us the skill-set of a lvl 49 they'd build a case against how horrible expertise is at 50. There would actually be balance in 1-49 if everyone was bolstered and set to a 49, while there will never be balance at 50 as long as some AC'es become power houses with expertise while others seemingly don't get **** out of it.

Naah, gear still dominates in 10-49. People just don't like to admit it because it shatters their illusion they've built up.

It works in GW2 it can work here. Everyone gets boosted to max level for pvp and has all skills.

Doesn't GW2 have like only 8 abilities or something you can use at once? I don't think it would work in a game like this. What happens when a level 10 suddenly gets 20 more abilities to his quickbar once he enters a WZ? Is that going to make him better or just confused?

Edited by byteresistor

Doesn't GW2 have like only 8 abilities or something you can use at once? I don't think it would work in a game like this. What happens when a level 10 suddenly gets 20 more abilities to his quickbar once he enters a WZ? Is that going to make him better or just confused?

And he won't have the spec-points to get the actual worthwhile skills anyway. They will never be on a fair ground.

And he won't have the spec-points to get the actual worthwhile skills anyway. They will never be on a fair ground.

Even if they got those while in the WZ it would lead to nothing else than confusion. They would have at max 2 mins before the match begins to read through all of the skills and talents, keybind them and etc.

Naah, gear still dominates in 10-49. People just don't like to admit it because it shatters their illusion they've built up.

It is nothing like the ridiculous gear imbalance at 50. Compared to level 50 gear imbalance 10-49 is perfectly balanced. It of course isn't perfect, but it is considerably better. With what little skill there is in this game, people can actually win without the gear and levels much of the time.

It is nothing like the ridiculous gear imbalance at 50. Compared to level 50 gear imbalance 10-49 is perfectly balanced. It of course isn't perfect, but it is considerably better. With what little skill there is in this game, people can actually win without the gear and levels much of the time.

No it's not.

1. if you give a level 10 all the abilities they would get at level 49, they would have no idea what to do.

2. lowbie warzones are a joke as far as balance goes

3. there is no gear gap in 50 PvP if you actually participate in PvP. stop whining.

think that about covers this thread :rolleyes:

You don't give people all the abilities because it is not a good game design.

This is a RPG and MMO. Both will have RPG and MMO elements.

Unfortunately, it is standard in all RPG to become stronger as you level up. It is the carrot on the stick. It is what makes people level up. Giving people all the abilities is not a good game design especially if you look at it in terms of a company trying to make money.

Really? I've found from about level 20 and above I can pretty much dominate in lowbies. Often I'm at the top in damage, medals and kills even in bad losses.

And I'm most certainly not "geared" as lately I've been leveling almost solely thru pvp. My only companion I've unlocked on my assassin is Khem. Lol

10-49 is the training bracket where u should learn how to play ur class and what s ur role. I do not support the idea to unlock all abilities from lvl 10 because u d be overwhelmed and confused. The game start with a basic rotation that improves piece by piece every x lvls which is a great way to learn/practice same goes utility

3. there is no gear gap in 50 PvP if you actually participate in PvP. stop whining.

Of course there is, even if it's not you or me who expirience it most.

Since they removed the Battlemaster gear the gear gap is much bigger.

PS: I don't care about: you can get full wh in a few hour, the gear gap still stands.

The problem with pre-50 pvp is simply that scaling can be abused as their is no upper cap. Someone coming in with greens at any level will get stomped by those wearing blues/purples. You may think this is obvious but why is scaling it even needed at all in pvp? You should simply jump in and pvp at the exact same scale of power with anyone else.

PVE and PVP gear scaling are two entirely different things. You gain better gear in pve to open gated content and grant a sense of progression other than leveling. Even in pve it is gone far beyond the ridiculous but is now so universally accepted there is little to argue against. In pvp it is simply just a load of BS as there is never a single reason why someone should out gear by a crap ton when in a team oriented, objective based and competitive warzone. It is a sporting event for crying out loud and nothing more. Anytime objectives and team caps for balance are introduced why suddenly allow gear scaling on top of it?

Pre-50 should not be anything more than leap into a warzone and be scaled automatically to a cap the same as everyone else. Non-ranked 50 pvp should be exactly the same plus more ability to customize your stats per build. Bioware is already aware of this to an extent by normalizing expertise soon on gear but even then they will have failed on not making a bracket for balanced "stock" pvp where objective based team play is allowed to showcase skill and not a gear race, faceroll situation like it is now.

This game currently has nothing allowing players to simply enter pvp and have 100% balanced game play (other than class balance issues) where the objectives in warzones and team play count for everything and not simply just gear. Rewards for success can easily be many things other than gear. Gear in balanced mini-game pvp should be nothing more than cosmetic and equal to a team's jersey in those situations.

Warzones and any maps with capped player teams will never be anything more than e-sport and should be treated that way. I just wish Bioware has an ounce of original thought when making this game and didn't simply do a blanket copy of other mmos. They are now stuck with all the problems documented in this style of mmo for nearly 10 years. How could you not put any thought into solving them by using basic logic?

Gear scaling is nothing more than a mechanic. It was introduced as a 100% pve mechanic and ever since primary stat scaling was added to it I have thought it the biggest mistake every introduced into an mmo but I recognize it as a gating tool developers can use. It should not have ever been carried over into instanced, team based pvp however and that was their failing.

Edited by Tamanous

Hello fellas!

It would be too complicated for devs and players. The only thing I can recommend for competing while lvling is to level with cyber tech. You can easily/cheaply craft blues pretty much every 3rd level. You can even drop cybertech after you craft all of your lvl 10-49 blues. Which you can probably do by lvl 25.

It's not twinking. Just a smart way to lvl for pve and pvp. You'll always have between 14000-14500 HP and can make decent money.

What does get ridiculous... I'll be lvl 49 on my shadow tonight or tomorrow. Waiting for me at lvl 49 I have 9 lvl 49 purple armorings/mods/hilt (all from raids, stuff I just had sitting on my other 8 toons), the rest are blues. My chest/helm/hands/feet/legs/bracer/belt will also have lvl 49 purple augments. Once I hit 50 those same pieces are going to have WH mod/armor/enhancements that I've sent from another toon via legacy gear.

People/guilds that do that and sit at lvl 49 with all those purples, the twinks... make it rough for everyone else.

It works in GW2 it can work here. Everyone gets boosted to max level for pvp and has all skills.

GW2 combat is way, way simpler then here. A 6 year old could play GW2 and mash 6-8 buttons.

Edited by islander

I don't think they should spend much development time "balancing" the sub 50 warzones. The purpose is to learn your class, learn the warzones, and have fun.

And while you can go in at level 10, you probably should wait until at least 40.

Then you couldn't bank coms for a while, until you hit valor 40.

It would be fair to say that some classes are much more viable lvl 10-30 than others. If someone wants to pvp "some" while they lvl to 40, their best bet is to cap valor every time you lvl. Which is typically 3-5 WZs (more the higher lvl you are).

Skill trees and CDs have a huge impact on lowbie.... I think the best bet would be similar to suggestions for 50 bracket...

Better matchmaking.

Gear "restrictor plates".

When my sniper was lvl 31 in Cartel Market purples and hit a 4.3k Ambush, any doubt I had of lowbie being imbalanced was erased. It's got some issues.....