SW Voss and the Emperor

Cuiwe

So, I see that there are people who doubt that a real Emperor got defeated by a JK. To you I tell "he indeed got stomped". But what of Ziost then? What of Voss? First to debunk that Hand Two(?) says that the voice of the emperor got defeated by a jedi knight. That isn't true. Here's what he says:

"A voice of the Emperor got silenced"

Now *** does that mean? It's almost like a prophecy from Delphi-self fulfilling due to huge ambiguity. Who is "a voice of the Emperor?" and "who silenced him?" are two very interesting questions(for all we know all the following could be a voice of the emperor: D.Angral, D.Tormen, Master Syo Bakarn etc). Now, let's move onto SW story on Voss:

SW story tells you that Voss you meet was indeed the voice of the emperor(instead of a voice of the emperor). Which means that system works like a horcrux in Harry Potter? Nevermind. If he indeed is the voice of the Emperor and therefore de facto the Emperor and by all means more powerful than whom you meet during the JK story how come the following happens:

When you attack Emperor's Fortress(the space station), the bloke who is supposed to be a voice of the Emperor and not so powerful managed to:

DEFEAT and CORRUPT THREE Jedi Masters as well as defeat and corrupt Neo(oh ok, JK). Does that sound like a thing that a bloke could do? Now, there is a thing that I feel mustn't be overlooked. Please do notice how "the Emperor" looks like in the Emperor's Fortress. He wears that faceless black mask, yes? Now, when you face him in the Dark Temple he simply wears robes with a hood. That DOES NOT HAVE TO BE a SAME PERSON! But if it is:

How come he is able to be both on DK and on Voss? Is it another Quesh scenario where you have to stick with one side of the truth and go with it?

Really interesting...

Edited by Cuiwe

This is probably a case of the JK/SW writing team not consider the other writing team and you get to pick which version you go with. My personal theory was always that when the SW kills the Voice on Voss, the Hand quickly gets him into a new Voice on Dromund Kaas, which promptly gets cut down by the JK. Edited by Sangiban

This is probably a case of the JK/SW writing team not consider the other writing team and you get to pick which version you go with. My personal theory was always that when the SW kills the Voice on Voss, the Hand quickly gets him into a new Voice on Dromund Kaas, which promptly gets cut down by the JK.

Thanks for input! I am glad you even understood that, let alone agree with it :rolleyes:

Your theory is sound. But whom are those two derpfaces(hands) referencing then? With that "a voice of the Emperor got silenced". Because they say that a new one has been chosen, it can't be Voss bloke. Maybe someone got silenced -> voice passed to that Voss(he dies regardless) -> voice passed to that bloke you cut down on DK?

But whom did you face then on Emperor's Fortress? :confused::eek::confused:

I think it's Quesh scenario #2.

Edited by Cuiwe

I have absolutely no idea how to make the two intertwine perfectly regarding the Voice. The JK story treats the Voice as a temporary host for the Emperor who just echoes his words, and the SW story makes the Voice more permanent (as long as it can last) and have actual power in the Empire. My theory is more "try and take two conflicting ideas and just ignoring one at an early point while trying to get them to work together at a later point".

As I said, one writing team almost certainly didn't consider what the other writing team had established and so they have two contradicting ideas.

Edited by Sangiban

I have absolutely no idea how to make the two intertwine perfectly regarding the Voice. The JK story treats the Voice as a temporary host for the Emperor who just echoes his words, and the SW story makes the Voice more permanent (as long as it can last) and have actual power in the Empire. My theory is more "try and take two conflicting ideas and just ignoring one at an early point while trying to get them to work together at a later point".

As I said, one writing team almost certainly didn't consider what the other writing team had established and so they have two contradicting ideas.

Yeah, that's why I keep mentioning Quesh. The situation with Moff Dracen and the Hutt is equally confusing. And equally stupidly written.

It's a shame when a thing like this happens to a Main story. A mighty shame indeed. This happens when devs waste time...