Scared of 1.2, are you?

Wrathoran

video for ref: http://video.mmosite.com/default.php?controller=resource&action=play&id=17888

One thing that crossed my mind when watching the 1.2 video is this...

You see a sith warrior using flame thrower and you see a smug use force choke.

This is a cool idea ... that i fear..

I think in starwars: ToR they already seem to have problem with balance. Mortar volley and and full auto on my trooper are still broke since the beta, nothing as changed. They make some changes here and there often that are questionnable. Healers are damn hard to kill , some classes are still better then the other etc.

Now if you introduce a system (i know very little about it so if people got info im curious) that you could choose a skill from another toon. Like a smuggler with a force shield from sage or the dash of the assassin. Or a Jugg with a grapple line or with maul of the assassin doing heavy backstab...

I just feel that some combination will be really OP. I just fear that since the balance is already REALLY FRAGILE on this game, putting such a big system in that require even more balance will be a total mess.

Like i said , i love the idea but that just scare me to death.

Also, from what I read when this was discussed in previous threads it will require you to use a special long cooldown, AND have your companion out so you wont be able to use these in operations, warzones, or full flashpoint groups.

The legacy abilities from your family seem to be more a RP and alt leveling helper instead of just getting other classes abilities. They are also not random ones AFAIK, but specific ones chosen based on the classes signature moves (Smugglers nut kick, IA Orb strike etc).

Edited by Jhaankreii

video for ref: http://video.mmosite.com/default.php?controller=resource&action=play&id=17888

I think in starwars: ToR they already seem to have problem with balance. Mortar volley and and full auto on my trooper are still broke since the beta, nothing as changed. They make some changes here and there often that are questionnable. Healers are damn hard to kill , some classes are still better then the other etc.

Now if you introduce a system (i know very little about it so if people got info im curious) that you could choose a skill from another toon. Like a smuggler with a force shield from sage or the dash of the assassin. Or a Jugg with a grapple line or with maul of the assassin doing heavy backstab...

I just feel that some combination will be really OP. I just fear that since the balance is already REALLY FRAGILE on this game, putting such a big system in that require even more balance will be a total mess.

What balance?! that feature you can only use in pve while leveing in planets while you have a companion and has a 20 mim cooldown.... it wont change nothing, its only to give you a certain flavour, and for roleplaying porpuses.

why we dont discuss cool stuff for a change, like the removal of sprint ability?

thats right sprint is now base speed since lvl 1, and instead in lvl 14 or so you get a special ability, like the consular/ inquisitor have ( force speed) the BH wil be able to fly with his jetpack, i dont know about you but i like this alot. now pretty much every class will be usefull in huttball for instance, as every class get a special ability like that.

Why no one talks about this i wonder :rolleyes: i think is a pretty big thing.

From the things i could see in 1.2 notes so far , swtor will be launched in 1.2 not as it is was back in december. My mean the 1.2 features should have been in the launch not 3 months after. But hey, at least they arrive :p

also i like to point out the buffs from your alts you get :p they give you the option to eventualy through the legacy system to unclock all the bufss from your alts to every toon you have. And it works in pvp too as far i understand. that is cool, YOu eevntualy with the click of one ability you will be buffed with all possible buffs, as well your party.

Edited by Spartanik

ouf ... im glad to hear that. A tad sad that they put something as cool only being used with the useless 20min cd ability that is not on my bar because i never needed it.

i think tehy also adding a legacy skill that or if you cleared some things(forgot which) that lowers teh cooldown on heroic moment.

Certain abilities may also help the underpowered classes. Of course it depends on the class and the ability in question, you have to take it on a case by case basis but combined with them unlikely to be a classes most powerful and signature abilities, balance is not likely to change much.

The potential is there though as you have pointed out, just as I said, needs to be taken on a case by case basis.

No because these abilities they are adding are "heroic moment" Abilities.

1. You can only use 1 every 20 minutes

2. You can only use it when you have your companion present

They are vanity abilities nothing more.

Edited by Samborino

What balance?! that feature you can only use in pve while leveing in planets while you have a companion and has a 20 mim cooldown.... it wont change nothing, its only to give you a certain flavour, and for roleplaying porpuses.

why we dont discuss cool stuff for a change, like the removal of sprint ability?

thats right sprint is now base speed since lvl 1, and instead in lvl 14 or so you get a special ability, like the consular/ inquisitor have ( force speed) the BH wil be able to fly with his jetpack, i dont know about you but i like this alot. now pretty much every class will be usefull in huttball for instance, as every class get a special ability like that.

Why no one talks about this i wonder :rolleyes: i think is a pretty big thing.

From the things i could see in 1.2 notes so far , swtor will be launched in 1.2 not as it is was back in december. My mean the 1.2 features should have been in the launch not 3 months after. But hey, at least they arrive :p

also i like to point out the buffs from your alts you get :p they give you the option to eventualy through the legacy system to unclock all the bufss from your alts to every toon you have. And it works in pvp too as far i understand. that is cool, YOu eevntualy with the click of one ability you will be buffed with all possible buffs, as well your party.

Probably because alot (like I) is not quite informed of everything in 1.2. Keep going, i find it very interesting. What does the smuggler get?

Well these abilities can be used in a PvP setting while either leveling or outlaws den, anywhere where PvP can happen other than Illum or WZs you will be able to use these abilities.

That's the risk you take, buddy! It's pretty much the Wild West out there anyway, but it's not like they can spam them in PVP is it? 20 minute cooldown? If a PVP fight lasts 20 minutes, then both parties are AFK.

Stop worrying so much! 3 seconds of force choke on a smuggler every 20 minutes is SO not a big deal.

Edit: I goofed with "20 seconds" lol. Fixed.

Edited by Hebrind

The Heroic Ability Legacy unlock doesn't allow you to pick any ability you like; that would indeed lead to some balancing nightmares.

There was very careful consideration over which abilities to allow as unlocks. With the limitations of the ability only being usable during your Heroic Moment (requiring an active Companion) and the cooldown on that, you shouldn't see too much 'Heroic Ability spam'. We see the unlock as a fun, limited ability that many players will enjoy. It wasn't designed to unbalance the game. :)

The Heroic Ability Legacy unlock doesn't allow you to pick any ability you like; that would indeed lead to some balancing nightmares.

There was very careful consideration over which abilities to allow as unlocks. With the limitations of the ability only being usable during your Heroic Moment (requiring an active Companion) and the cooldown on that, you shouldn't see too much 'Heroic Ability spam'. We see the unlock as a fun, limited ability that many players will enjoy. It wasn't designed to unbalance the game. :)

He LIVES :eek::p

Edited by DWarrior

You are right, they will be very OP when you have that ability with your companion against a Non-player character since that will mainly be the only time you will be able to use it. Lucky for us, non-player characters do not make forum posts so we won't have to deal with all the qq they will have.

Yup, all good. :) I'm glad Bioware opted to implement this via Heroic Moment. Kudos.

Still, I could use it in PvP on a regular world map. But at that point, none of that is really game breaking since that sort of combat has no rewards, just bragging rights.

Edited by cipher_nemo

Greetings,

We know that many players are eager to discuss the reveals from the recent Guild Summit. There is already a thread dedicated to discussing abilities being available to different classes through the Legacy System, so we encourage you to post your thoughts here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=343593

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for your feedback!