SWTOR players average 4-6 hours per session

zrinking

BioWare: SWTOR players average 4-6 hours per session

The average play session for Star Wars: The Old Republic is between four and six hours long, claims BioWare Austin chief Greg Zeschuk.

Speaking in an interview with Kotaku, Zeschuk insisted that once gamers log in they're finding it hard to stop playing.

"When they play, their sessions are absurd," he said, citing concrete telemetry data.

"What it implies is that we've managed to pull off this 'just-one-more-quest, just-one-more-thing' feeling. I find myself doing that all the time. I just get sucked back in. The playing of the game is off the charts."

He added that Sunday is the busiest play day of the week, while on a weekday, "our average peak play time is mid-afternoon, because East Coast is getting off work, Europe is off work and in their peak, and as Europe goes down, North America goes up."

"The other thing that's really funny is you can tell when things are going really well in the game because the amount of forum chatter drops. People don't go to forums. They just play."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-24-bioware-swtor-players-average-4-6-hours-per-session

Nice ......... the haters are gonna go nuts over this

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BioWare: SWTOR players average 4-6 hours per session

The average play session for Star Wars: The Old Republic is between four and six hours long, claims BioWare Austin chief Greg Zeschuk.

Speaking in an interview with Kotaku, Zeschuk insisted that once gamers log in they're finding it hard to stop playing.

"When they play, their sessions are absurd," he said, citing concrete telemetry data.

"What it implies is that we've managed to pull off this 'just-one-more-quest, just-one-more-thing' feeling. I find myself doing that all the time. I just get sucked back in. The playing of the game is off the charts."

He added that Sunday is the busiest play day of the week, while on a weekday, "our average peak play time is mid-afternoon, because East Coast is getting off work, Europe is off work and in their peak, and as Europe goes down, North America goes up."

"The other thing that's really funny is you can tell when things are going really well in the game because the amount of forum chatter drops. People don't go to forums. They just play."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-24-bioware-swtor-players-average-4-6-hours-per-session

Nice ......... the haters are gonna go nuts over this

Players that play MMOs play in long sessions... that's how it's done. Where do you think the term poopsock originated?

And 2/3 of that is spent typing the text, "LFG <insert stuff here>" while standing on Fleet.

Only if you have the reputation of being a baddy. I get groups quickly when I want them. Plus I know it's time to move on to do something else if it's painfully obvious there isn't anyone else wanting to do FPs or whatever.

I spend more time doing quests, pvping, or even chatting with my guild then I do spamming "LFG" like some lost puppy.

Only if you have the reputation of being a baddy.

A character who shall remain nameless on my server has spammed LFG so many times that people have put him on /ignore I think. Sometimes this happens

Jerk: 50 vanguard LFG HM

Random guy: HM group LF 1 tank then moving out

And he is still spamming minutes later because no one wants that dude in his group. I wonder what he did?

Only if you have the reputation of being a baddy. I get groups quickly when I want them. Plus I know it's time to move on to do something else if it's painfully obvious there isn't anyone else wanting to do FPs or whatever.

I spend more time doing quests, pvping, or even chatting with my guild then I do spamming "LFG" like some lost puppy.

Hmm. I must be a baddy then. Maybe I'll stop healing and start letting people die?

Nope its just more proof that SWTOR is failing. Bioware sees the forums and are just feeding you guys so you would make posts like these and now since there are not many haters left you will think everything is fine.

Why in the world would the state of forum have anything to do with me thinking the game was fine or not?

It is real simple, if I have fun, I play. When it is no longer fun, I find something else fun to do.

sounds about right, it usually takes me 2.5 hours to complete the dailies on Belsavis and Illum and then another hour to win 3 WZ's .. Then i just sit there for anoth .5 hours staring at the screen wondering what to do!

And quite honestly, it can take 4 hours just to get a group to run a HM FP.

A character who shall remain nameless on my server has spammed LFG so many times that people have put him on /ignore I think. Sometimes this happens

Random guy: HM group LF 1 tank then moving out

And he is still spamming minutes later because no one wants that dude in his group. I wonder what he did?

Whatever it was LFG will fix the problem for him. :rolleyes:

Hmm...this is the general forums, so there can only be two explanations:

1) Bioware liez!

2) Those people are just trying to "get their moneys' worth" before canceling and subsequently trolling the forums for the rest of their lives.

:D