Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SWTOR Cinematic Galaxy

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
09.10.2017 , 05:53 AM | #1
The name is a play on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

My videos take multiple class stories edited together in a way similar to a TV series like Clone Wars of Rebels. The prologue has served as my training wheels in terms of editing. Obviously the later episode will generally come out better than an earlier one.

Here is the latest episode, which is the Black Talon and Esseles flashpoints along with some custom made cutscenes for other 6 characters.

https://youtu.be/Vvm25z62fL4

The starter planets are each self contained so it doesn't matter if you were to watch, for example, episodes 7 and 8 (Korriban) before 1 and 2 (Ord Mantell). And there are no major spoilers in the flashpoints (ep9) either. Although it will get more linear once it gets to Coruscant/Dromund Kaas as it will jump between various Republic and Empire classes similar to the flashpoints.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Mindelmatrix's Avatar


Mindelmatrix
09.11.2017 , 12:23 PM | #2
Already have you on my subscriptions. I'm eager to see the next batch of upcoming videos
Friend referral for extra few days sub: http://www.swtor.com/r/72MTpQ

"I am not cute. I am deadly"

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
09.13.2017 , 01:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindelmatrix View Post
Already have you on my subscriptions. I'm eager to see the next batch of upcoming videos
I'm curious to get outside opinion. Most people don't leave comments so I don't get much feedback in terms of what works and what doesn't.

Which one did you think was put together the best out of the start planets?
Did you notice a gradual improvement or did they seem about the same?
Did the custom cutscenes I made in the last episode feel right?
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Mindelmatrix's Avatar


Mindelmatrix
09.13.2017 , 07:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
I'm curious to get outside opinion. Most people don't leave comments so I don't get much feedback in terms of what works and what doesn't.

Which one did you think was put together the best out of the start planets?
Did you notice a gradual improvement or did they seem about the same?
Did the custom cutscenes I made in the last episode feel right?
I did like the Korriban videos, like when your warrior killed the beast and you created the visual energy wave that is mentioned by the Overseer later. I'd say the quality between the oldest and newest video is small, but still present improvement.

I did like some of the custom cutscenes you put in your latest batch. Very creative in design. There was good blending. However, some of the scene transitions felt out of place, like the transition of the smuggler going into the beast cargo hold, for example.

But I really like the ambition, not to mention time and energy, in creating these videos.
Friend referral for extra few days sub: http://www.swtor.com/r/72MTpQ

"I am not cute. I am deadly"

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
09.13.2017 , 08:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindelmatrix View Post
I did like the Korriban videos, like when your warrior killed the beast and you created the visual energy wave that is mentioned by the Overseer later. I'd say the quality between the oldest and newest video is small, but still present improvement.

I did like some of the custom cutscenes you put in your latest batch. Very creative in design. There was good blending. However, some of the scene transitions felt out of place, like the transition of the smuggler going into the beast cargo hold, for example.
That scene on Korriban was to also to imply that they both sort of helped each other unknowingly. Guided y the force so to speak. The Inquisitor awakened the beast through the holocron and the Warrior killing the beast released the seal on the holocron. It never really makes sense how the Inquisitor was able to get it so simply when probably thousands of others have tried over the decades.

For the flashpoint episode the transitions were to represent the container moving to the Hutt transport. I use what I have. What do you mean by out of place? That is didn't work for you or shouldn't have been included?

Thanks for your input.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Mindelmatrix's Avatar


Mindelmatrix
09.13.2017 , 08:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
For the flashpoint episode the transitions were to represent the container moving to the Hutt transport. I use what I have. What do you mean by out of place? That is didn't work for you or shouldn't have been included?
I am primarily looking at the transition effect you used in 13:58 of your latest video. The graphic effect is a little too blunt or cartoonist for a transition and feels different from other transitions you've used. I like the story, it's just the visual effect used to change shots was bizzare, in my opinion.
Friend referral for extra few days sub: http://www.swtor.com/r/72MTpQ

"I am not cute. I am deadly"

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
09.17.2017 , 01:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindelmatrix View Post
I am primarily looking at the transition effect you used in 13:58 of your latest video. The graphic effect is a little too blunt or cartoonist for a transition and feels different from other transitions you've used. I like the story, it's just the visual effect used to change shots was bizzare, in my opinion.
Oh, the actual transition 2 sec effect

I thought you were referring to how I transitioned the cargo container to the ship.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series