Assassin 1.2 changes

Ch_Zero

Assassin

Mass Mind Control: Updated this tooltip to correctly state that the ability does not break Stealth. The ability's functionality has not changed.

Madness (Assassin)

The Force in Balance no longer heals the caster if no targets are hit.

Raze's activation effects are now more visible.

I thought deception could use a little work, but it didn't change from the patch notes so I'll continue to be tanking spec for pvp.

With the release coming in about a month,

What are peoples thoughts? concerns?

Is this going to be final?

Edited by Ch_Zero

Assassin

Mass Mind Control: Updated this tooltip to correctly state that the ability does not break Stealth. The ability's functionality has not changed.

Madness (Assassin)

I thought deception could use a little work, but it didn't change from the patch notes so I'll continue to be tanking spec for pvp.

Someone can't read the giant red print at the beginning of each section in the patch notes...

pretty much when they release patchnotes at first.. nothing major is happening between.. no big changes..or corrections.. they say it's subject to change, BUT it never changes... so whats ur point?

Assasins should have been looked at closer.. but they failed at doing so..

and just trolol on mara's now.. *** is going on

Edited by Parali

its hard to give feedback on the assassin/shadow changes, since there were practically ZERO. imagine my disappointment, when scrolling thru pages of patch notes, to find not even a couple of sentences on assassin change..

pretty much when they release patchnotes at first.. nothing major is happening between.. no big changes..or corrections.. they say it's subject to change, BUT it never changes... so whats ur point?

Assasins should have been looked at closer.. but they failed at doing so..

and just trolol on mara's now.. *** is going on

You REALLY want them to look more in-depth at your class? ;)

Edited by Parali
bad quote

1.2 is basically a buff to Assassins by the virtue that every strong spec seem to be nerfed in some way, while we didn't lose anything.

this right here is the point people seem to have missed, lots of nerfs all over the place for a lot of classes but not for assassins means we should even out more now.

I think people overlooked the fact that the biggest weakness of Deception is that they die easily. It's true the patch didn't buff surivality to Deception (which is needed) but it did nerf a lot of the popular powerhouse builds. This means your survival as Deception should improve as a function of everyone else being weaker. I don't know if it's enough but it's certainly not nothing.

I like deception as it is, it was meant for DPS in PvE enviroment and they are doing fine as it is. I 1st notice my dps was on par or slightly above other classes when I was doing KP 4th boss Fabricator, previously I was assign as the puzzle solver and therefore I don't get to dps, but then we refine the strat by having me dps on every flame flush phase and then pull up to the platform by a socc to continue solving the puzzle.

When we 1st do it without me dpsing my team always only manage to get the fabricator from 100% to 80%-78% and since I started dpsing we always have it to 70% on the 1st flush. This basically shows that my deception spec alone has been doing 8%-10% dps alone. Other Dps in my ops is a meccenary, a dps powertech and a dps jugg. They are also close to fully rakata geared and experience player which know their class.

If you are gonna play decep in a PvP enviroment do expect to be squishy and your role will be very limited to the team play. However decep is still pretty viable in PvP if you are a skill players.

I agree that assassin will benefit from all the nerfs of the other classes. I would have liked to see some sort of heal skill added that we could have used during battle, outside of medpacs and the minor benefits we get from some of our other skills. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Sigh, still no change to Dark Ward. :(

That pretty much sums it up for me so far. They need to do something about Dark Ward and look at the second tier of the Darkness tree. Maybe then I'll turn that frown upside down.

Tier 2 in Darkness is currently the most useless pile of Bantha poodoo.

Lightning Recovery is the only good talent in that entire tier. Shroud of Darkness, while beneficial, is a waste of points, but you end up taking one point in it, or Swelling Shadows, to get to the next tier.

Assassin

Madness (Assassin)

Completely Agree, Deception at minimum need's a "survivability buff" of some sort....and that's not going into what else should be improved.

Completely Agree, Deception at minimum need's a "survivability buff" of some sort....and that's not going into what else should be improved.

The survivability buff comes in the form of Sorcs, Concealment Ops, and Mercs all getting nerfed. This is why someone posted "Do you really want them to look closer at your class?", the classes that got looked at got nerfed. I guess nothing changed for us because no one is crying about Assassins in PvP.