Seriously? That's it?

Raansu

I get it, this game doesn't have much of a budget.....but that story only took me like 2 hours to finish, and it wasn't even that good......and I was level 75 in like 20 minutes lmao.

The only part that got me even remotely excited was getting Kira back. Also, lmao at Malgus AGAIN being a FP boss. This dude gets no respect.

So after all that wait, we get a roughly 2 hour story expansion and all we have left afterwards is a crappy rng gear grind......Meanwhile the FFXIV expansion Shadowbringers was a phenomenal story that took me nearly 30 hours to get through.

I was hoping for more.....something to keep me around, but I refuse to tolerate an RNG grind thats worse than what we had with galactic command. I'll probably run the story one more time on the imp side and I'm out. Sad to see this game turn into what it has.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was whelmed by the story. Not impressed, nor upset. Just kind of there. Moderately entertaining and engaging with some moderately interesting story threads left unresolved.

My expectations were more or less met, which were not high, nor low.

But seriously though. Kinda made me miss classic KOTOR. This piecemeal stuff makes it hard to keep track of the story and stay emotionally invested. I think the biggest problem I had is I just struggled to be emotionally invested, so I didn't feel any real connection to the story, resulting in the mostly neutral feeling.

I was whelmed by the story. Not impressed, nor upset. Just kind of there. Moderately entertaining and engaging with some moderately interesting story threads left unresolved.

My expectations were more or less met, which were not high, nor low.

But seriously though. Kinda made me miss classic KOTOR. This piecemeal stuff makes it hard to keep track of the story and stay emotionally invested. I think the biggest problem I had is I just struggled to be emotionally invested, so I didn't feel any real connection to the story, resulting in the mostly neutral feeling.

I was pleasantly surprised in some ways, disappointed in others.

I at least love the direction they're going in, narratively. I just wish they hadn't invested so much into the KOTFE/ET direction.

I at least love the direction they're going in, narratively. I just wish they hadn't invested so much into the KOTFE/ET direction.

I can agree with that. I think there are some cool ideas they're exploring and I appreciate the attention to detail. But yeah, the best way I can think to describe it w/ regards to KOTFE/ET is that the KOTFE/ET arc gutted a lot of things and I think made the galaxy feel more empty in some ways.

I also just find it bothersome that if I want a character to be caught up, I have to either take them through all of the KOTFE/ET arc and Ossus, or I have to skip, which means potentially losing choices I'd like to have made. So it leaves me in this limbo state with a lot of characters and I only have two atm, one rep and one imp, who are past Ossus. But that's not a problem I have with Onslaught itself. That's just a problem I have with the overall arc and the options for getting a character up to date.

The direction is fine, I'm happy with them going back to imp vs rep, but there's just sooooo little there. It really shows that they really don't have much of a budget anymore and this was EA throwing the team a bone.

It will be harder and harder with the story. I mean games like Final Fantasy have it easy as its always a completely new story where they can expand onthings. Yet Star Wars has many fixed aspects so they need to be creative here. There are always limits or rules to the story so in the end it feels just not good at all.

We have heard sooo many stories already from the SW universe in other other games, comics etc so there is little they can actually come up with. We have seen things like star forge which quickly produces fleets, planet killers, all kinds of weapons, cults etc. So they must really be running out of ideas and they introduce the story just to keep the people subbed (thats logical).

Yes, what is left to do is the typical MMO stuff, grind gear, get achievements, fill in the gaps.

I am kinda mad about the short story. How long do we need to wait for the new one? 1-2 years?

And why does no one even care about the former emperor Arcann. We need a story where we would utilize all of our companions of some sort.

I have some of this sentiment in that the story was good, and felt like it planted a new direction. But, if it's going to be 2 years before it continues I'll be unhappy.

On the companion front they doomed themselves. There are too many companions to utilize them all, and some may be dead for some people.

I guess, my conclusion is, it felt like there should be more to come; how long is the wait for the next "chapter"

What did you expect for a free expansion? They bring new stuff for taking you some weeks or months. You got a lot of new dailies, farming rep., gear, items,... did you expect a brand new game?

Some more love for the content, perhaps? On monday, ESO released a new DLC which has at least more content during the main story, plus tons of side quests and exploring....

Onslaught is a good reason why SWTOR is an completely wrong turn....

Edited by Siri_Talons

I am kinda mad about the short story. How long do we need to wait for the new one? 1-2 years?

And why does no one even care about the former emperor Arcann. We need a story where we would utilize all of our companions of some sort.

Does anyone honestly believe there is going to be 7.0?

What did you expect for a free expansion? They bring new stuff for taking you some weeks or months. You got a lot of new dailies, farming rep., gear, items,... did you expect a brand new game?

Free expansion? You need to pay for it or at least to access it. (Only for subs isn't free)

It will be harder and harder with the story. I mean games like Final Fantasy have it easy as its always a completely new story where they can expand onthings. Yet Star Wars has many fixed aspects so they need to be creative here. There are always limits or rules to the story so in the end it feels just not good at all.

Swtor was allowed to break this, with the 4.0 and 5.0 Commander ****, which was basically a cost cutting exercise.

How can you separate Star Wars from Sith vs Jedi, Empire vs Republic. It is all about the Franchise, yet this game with that Valkorian **** story did just that. What a load of crap this game has turned into.

Story wise I was very hopeful after Ossus and Dantoone but I guess I was completely wrong. Following the hype the expansion needed double the story it had.

The gearing system just keep getting worse and worse.

REALITY CHECK

They are just milking us just in order to keep that Star Wars franchise. That's about it all.

My subs is running out after this.

I cannot get the hype Musco and Co said back in April in the Cantina and then on Twitch and then being delivered completely the opposite. If you are good with this keep feeding the liars. I am not.

Swtor was allowed to break this, with the 4.0 and 5.0 Commander ****, which was basically a cost cutting exercise.

How can you separate Star Wars from Sith vs Jedi, Empire vs Republic. It is all about the Franchise, yet this game with that Valkorian **** story did just that. What a load of crap this game has turned into.

Story wise I was very hopeful after Ossus and Dantoone but I guess I was completely wrong. Following the hype the expansion needed double the story it had.

The gearing system just keep getting worse and worse.

REALITY CHECK

They are just milking us just in order to keep that Star Wars franchise. That's about it all.

My subs is running out after this.

I cannot get the hype Musco and Co said back in April in the Cantina and then on Twitch and then being delivered completely the opposite. If you are good with this keep feeding the liars. I am not.

Yup... same here... I was giving TOR a new chance (guess it was the third one).... but really... they still no work on new customizations for Zabrak and Twi'lek and then you need to subcribe for new content that it is not even worth the 13 bucks you spend for a month...

I canceled my sub immediately after creating my totally bugged Nautolan shadow.... so SWTOR is done...

Edited by Siri_Talons

It was easy shadow of revan sized, minus a couple of flashpoints. More work for them though if you consider the 4 lines you can take: Imp loyal, Pub loyal, Imp Sabatour, Pub Sabatour.

Given the age and size of the game and its population - thats not bad going. Sure I wanted and hoped for more. Found some parts surprisingly enjoyable, dissapointed at other parts.

Overall quite good. Could have been better.

Keeping it vague to avoid spoilers.

Wow some of you are way to lost to be saved. This is nowhere near the level the Revan expac was. First you have and entire planet with dozens of quests to complete. THis is part of the Prelude to Revan. 6 flashpoints 6. Then you get Manaan as a planet you can go back to and later a Stronghold. Add on the Revan expac and you have Yavin with the finish of the story, a daily area and the Operation. That is an expac. Dozens of quests and expanding the story the whole time.

Ossus was longer than this was. We get two partial planets with dailies after and a flashpoint like third area to Corellia. An operation Prelude of Revan and Revan was 6 to 12 hours or more of content.

If you add in Ossus and Dantooine with Onslaught you might get three hours of content.

The rest of the budget they spent on nothing but changing everything about the gearing system and how end game gear works. Breaking all the advanced classes of the game to the point where you will only see one class in PVP doing anything effectively.

RNG for everything and a gear grind on top of everything that will take so long to get to 306 BiS that the game will be deleted from private servers before you get there. There is no story here this is only good enough for the run up to getting Kira and Scourge back. A series of side quests with a weak NPC and a star power snowflake Padawan.

Had they left the gearing along. brought out a single new set for each class that was comparative to the current class the amount of changes would have been trivial on the budget and they could have brought out twenty more story quests to further the story, they could have made a planetary quest line, the daily area for both Onderon and Mek Sha and a proper new section to Corellia plus they could have made a story line on the Dxun moon including the tome and would lead up to the operation.

WE get ten quests

But then again all their brain power went to Fallen Order. :confused::mad::(

THIS IS A Side Quest. Nothing more not an addition and no where near the level of a proper expansion. WoW has expansions. This was a joke a Korean MMO could do better in a week.

Edited by Hawkebatt

It was easy shadow of revan sized, minus a couple of flashpoints. More work for them though if you consider the 4 lines you can take: Imp loyal, Pub loyal, Imp Sabatour, Pub Sabatour.

Given the age and size of the game and its population - thats not bad going. Sure I wanted and hoped for more. Found some parts surprisingly enjoyable, dissapointed at other parts.

Overall quite good. Could have been better.

Keeping it vague to avoid spoilers.

I get some people's frustration, but we can hardly hope for more content. Clearly, budget of the studio depends on revenue, which wasn't "high" lately. Ultimately, it was a step in the right direction, but many people are gonna be left unsatisfied. PVP balance is gonna be insane, with all those amps, set bonuses, phase work on sniper... good luck balancing that. No new maps. Flashpoint feels short. Havn't played new op yet, but i wager it's a single boss, like monolith or fury. Not that there is something wrong with that, but people are expecting more. So, in the end, those that run ops are gonna be left unsatisfied, pvpers unsatisfied for sure. That leaves casuals and some diehard fans.

I sure hope for this game's sake, they are already working at least on new 5-6 bosses long op.

Wow some of you are way to lost to be saved. This is nowhere near the level the Revan expac was. First you have and entire planet with dozens of quests to complete. THis is part of the Prelude to Revan. 6 flashpoints 6. Then you get Manaan as a planet you can go back to and later a Stronghold. Add on the Revan expac and you have Yavin with the finish of the story, a daily area and the Operation. That is an expac. Dozens of quests and expanding the story the whole time.

Ossus was longer than this was. We get two partial planets with dailies after and a flashpoint like third area to Corellia. An operation Prelude of Revan and Revan was 6 to 12 hours or more of content.

If you add in Ossus and Dantooine with Onslaught you might get three hours of content.

The rest of the budget they spent on nothing but changing everything about the gearing system and how end game gear works. Breaking all the advanced classes of the game to the point where you will only see one class in PVP doing anything effectively.

RNG for everything and a gear grind on top of everything that will take so long to get to 306 BiS that the game will be deleted from private servers before you get there. There is no story here this is only good enough for the run up to getting Kira and Scourge back. A series of side quests with a weak NPC and a star power snowflake Padawan.

Had they left the gearing along. brought out a single new set for each class that was comparative to the current class the amount of changes would have been trivial on the budget and they could have brought out twenty more story quests to further the story, they could have made a planetary quest line, the daily area for both Onderon and Mek Sha and a proper new section to Corellia plus they could have made a story line on the Dxun moon including the tome and would lead up to the operation.

WE get ten quests

THIS IS A Side Quest. Nothing more not an addition and no where near the level of a proper expansion. WoW has expansions. This was a joke a Korean MMO could do better in a week.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Pathetic ammount of content. This is no expansion, so the gall to call it that....

Only thing it introduces is korean-esque rng grind, nothing more.

WE get ten quests

Ossus was the lead up to this xpack.

Then there is this xpack with story across 2 planets, like there was in SoR.

There wasn't a ton of story quests across Rishi and Yavin either. About the same + dailies for faction.

Minus some flashpoints there really isn't much difference. Ziost wnd Ossus are roughly the same contenr. Yavin and Rishi + Onderon and the other one with a odd name also roughly the same.

Missing the lead up flashpoints and one 'during the middle' flashpoint, instead we get it at the end.