Nostalgia - let's travel back to 1.0

Cotlu-Hunlon

We are nearly approaching this game's third anniversary and I am dissatisfied that this game is no longer the perfect world I experienced upon first entering its glorious domain. In this thread I will refresh your memory of various old ways and customs which should be restored by Bioware and we, the players, with utmost haste.

1) Upon creating ones first Sith warrior/inquisitor, one should regard themselves as "sufficiently evil" and "the bomb" having slain their first k'lor'slug in open combat.

2) All red zabrak males must subscribe to the Darth Maul look of red skin and a full head of horns. Players who deviate from this should be openly mocked with the /laugh command.

3) Players who name themselves Obi'wan'kenobi, or a variation of such, may be dismissed as unimaginative and lacking in originality. One must proceed to perform the /slap emote upon them repeatedly.

4) Upon acquiring 8 Tython/Korriban/Ord Mantell/Hutta commendations, one can regard themselves as "MLG pro" for being able to purchase the blue chestpiece of their starter planet. Players falling short of the 8 commendations required, should proceed to kill k'lor'slugs until they attain the necessary commendations.

5) Someone on Tython must always be desperately inquiring how to equip their new companion with their latest green item acquisition.

6) Pureblood Sith characters may take delight in repeatedly slapping Vette, much to the amazement of onlookers.

7) 12 year old boys, having previously chosen every dark side option on their new Sith, should have a change of heart upon acquiring Vette and select light side options in order to fully romance her.

8) Any player with knowledge of a datacron's location should advertise this fact and proceed to invite all players to join them as an egoboost. Upon acquisition, all freeloaders must politely say thankyou, and also repeatedly question the purpose of said datacron.

9) Should one leave their starter world and proceed to the fleet before reaching level 10, they are to be openly mocked in general chat, and only after sufficient mocking, given directions back to whence they came.

10) Upon receipt of one's first lightsaber, one is entitled to strut through Korriban Academy with it permanently wielded and proceed to flaunt one's accomplishments to the lowly acolytes still clutching their training swords.

11) Upon noticing a player with a yellow/black lightsaber, one must repeatedly question them as to its acquisition. One may reply smugly of their having pre-ordered the game and proceed to announce themselves as "the bomb".

12) Many attempts should be made in general chat to assertain why sword-wielding Trandoshan Qyzen Fess requires gear with 'Aim' stat.

13) If one is looking for other players to complete a Heroic mission, one must type: "LFG" followed by the mission's name. Any deviation from this format is considered hubris.

14) After choosing one's advanced class, one must panic and enquire in the fleet general chat where one receives their second lightsaber, or appropriate new weapon, and must be patronisingly told to search their inventory for a brown equipment bag which contains their future offhand weapon.

15) Should one already have been through this ordeal, proceed to regard oneself as an "MLG pro" upon smugly opening your new advanced class' equipment bag without outside intervention.

16) Upon acquiring 'Death From Above' at level 10, all Bounty Hunters must perform said ability upon request for onlookers, and, following this display can walk away from their crowds of admirers with newfound confidence.

17) Troopers may be mocked repeatedly for using Mortar Volley instead which is inferior in every way.

18) All fresh level 10s must queue for a warzone, regardless of one's lack of Sprint or advanced class.

19) Upon being passed the Huttball for the first time, one must stand still without passing and allow oneself to be murdered horribly by the opposing team.

20) Should one be level 50 already at this early stage in the game, one should proceed to enter warzones and destroy all the new participants. (see #19)

21) All new arrivals to the fleet should proceed to the entrance for Black Talon / The Esseles and wait silently to be invited by other people with more initiative than yourself. Starting one's own group is forbidden.

22) Should one select Operative or Assassin as their chosen path, one must spend the entirety of Black Talon in stealth, only appearing briefly to backstab the boss and at no other time.

23) Players that select Vanguard or Scoundrel as their chosen path and believe to be in control of a ranged class, should be mocked by players for having in fact chosen a melee class.

24) Should one proceed to Dromund Kaas or Coruscant without completing their respective flashpoint journeys, they should be openly insulted for not having sufficient gonads to venture into group content.

25) Upon receipt of one's Social Badge, one may regard oneself as "the bomb". One must proceed to dish out humorous quips in Coruscant general chat. One may then discard the Social Badge and ponder its existence in the game.

26) Players that reach level 14 and acquire 'Sprint' may regard themselves as superior to all levels beneath them and may proceed to smugly run past their slower brethren at every opportunity.

27) One should feel "evil to the core" for reaching the Dark 1 alignment requirement in order to install red lightsaber crystals in their chosen hilt.

28) Lightside Sith may be openly mocked and/or stoned in Dromund Kaas for wielding a blue/green saber. Yellow is the approriate colour, should one wish to reject their Sith teachings.

29) One is allowed to feel excitement during the journey back to Kaas City, having levelled up on their most recent expedition. Upon return one must proceed directly to one's respective class trainer to be taught new abilities, for a hefty price.

30) One should flaunt one's new ship to all the peasants on Dromund Kaas upon completion of the prologue, and announce themselves as "the bomb" in general chat.

31) Should a player be performing the /dance emote, it is customary to join them and form inpromptu plans to create a galactic dance group. One should add the player as a friend and never speak to them again after that day is passed.

32) One must save all credits from level 1 onwards in order to be able to afford the 40k pricetag of Speeder Piloting 1 at level 25.

33) Should one fail to reach this sum, they shall be punished with the task of walking during their excursions on Tatooine. Any players on their speeder that witness someone walking on Tatooine should bounce around the aforementioned player in circles and proceed to deliver a humorous quip through the /whisper function upon their departure over the horizon.

34) One should experience inner conflict at the speeder vendor between purchasing the Rendili Watchman or the Czerka Patroller. Ultimately, one must purchase the Rendili to regard themselves as "the bomb". Players who purchase the Czerka model are allowed to be mocked by passers-by.

35) Should a player steal one's security chest loot whilst one is in the process of killing its defenders, one may denounce the player as a thief and a ruffian, and must inform all in general chat to be wary of such a player.

/bow

Any contributions to this list are welcome.

Edited by Cotlu-Hunlon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some things I won't miss:

Having a red mask, black chest blue hands and gray boots

Grinding all day for sprint

Running endlessly across huge planets

Fighting through 10,000 mobs until you grind to a speeder at 25

Traveling through endless load screens just to get back to fleet every time you need the GTN

Champion bags for pvp gear

Illum at 3 fps while dozens or Reps and Imps are trading kills

Being level 10 and getting destroyed by a level 50 in full pvp gear

Later on in the game (but still early enough) during the steep decline, being the only person on fleet on the entire server for hours at a time.

Edited by x_Boots_x

20) Should one be 55 already at this early stage in the game, one should proceed to enter warzones and destroy all the new participants. (see #19)

If you were 55 in 1.0 then you were justified in thinking you were something special.

One memory that does stick out.

Not long after it went live I was on a 44 Commando healer in the Alderaan PvP map (before the introduction of brackets we were all in the same one. Took them a while to give 50's their own bracket while they were crushing everything lower than them).

A level 10 Inquisitor charged through our group to get to the healers.

He was alone, his team mates had forsaken him. He was, quite rapidly, splattered.

Amusingly, when I level an alt, I still see people in 10-30 PvP with no advance class.

Edited by Gomla

A level 10 Inquisitor charged through our group to get to the healers.

He was alone, his team mates had forsaken him. He was, quite rapidly, splattered.

Amusingly, when I level an alt, I still see people in 10-30 PvP with no advance class.

They didn't forsake him.

They simply pretended he didn't exist.

4) Upon acquiring 8 Tython/Korriban/Ord Mantell/Hutta commendations, one can regard themselves as "MLG pro" for being able to purchase the blue chestpiece of their starter planet. Players falling short of the 8 commendations required, should proceed to kill k'lor'slugs until they attain the necessary commendations.

The Lords of Chance were always mean to me on this one. :mad:

Don't know if anyone else remembers but, for Snipers early on, Explosive Probe was instant cast whereas the Gunslinger version was not.

You could fire off Ambush and then hit Explosive Probe and the probe would land as Ambush did giving a quite hefty opening shot.

It was patched out pretty quickly but was fun while it lasted.

1. Back when Hard mode flashpoints WERE HARD.

2. First week of the game was when you made the best friends for life and did most of the content with them. Now they're all gone.

3. Server queues. :)

4. You didn't need a group finder to find a group for fp / ops.

5. Insane healing and overpoweredness of Annihilation.

6. Unplayable PvP (that lag hahaha) for the first week :D

7. Companions having their lightsabers perma-drawn.

And of course https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K-DmoKy3xc and the butt pain of the "normies" (idk if they still give infraction points for this). Wearing Imperial Trooper armor was somewhat prestigeous and the VIP club was a place for real VIPs and cool people.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Oh man. These were the days. *sigh* No f2ps, no asking silly questions in gen chat. I remember being on korriban and seeing a level 45 on his mount. I was like 'oh he leveled quick!'

I still remember the ghost town servers. it was a good day if there were around 100 on fleet during prime time.

I'll add more if I can remember that far back...

The paralyzing fear when you caught a glimpse of an Operative in stealth

Omg, this. They were SO overpowered.

I miss:

The 9 minute walk from the Coruscant spaceport to the senate tower,because we weren't allowed to sprint until level 14

30m incendiary round, with an 18 second burn....that prevented caps in PvP :)

The prison rape of level 10s in a warzone against Battlemasters...when the title meant that you really were a bada**

The euphoric sense of accomplishment when you defeated Dr Loric in HM lost island

"Teams of stun-locking operatives causing players to unsub" ...kudos to whoever remembers that gem of an explanation.

The sage project that traveled the full 30 meters to target so ssssllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

also full 360 knockback by consulars/inquisitors wtb

Plus kicka*s Overload animation that was altered, due to incessant PvP whining. :rolleyes: