BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just to reiterate what everyone else is saying this fight is horrid. Not sure how it made it out of testing in it's current state.

Here is your puzzle box. I just spawned it on my server as I was growing bored of bashing my head against the wall that is the Emperor fight. Thanks for the T7 companion for this fight! I actually had forgoten why I turned him into a crafting bot 35 levels ago! :)

Puzzle Complete

Box

Box Clickable

Box no open...

I don't get an out of range error the channel bar just goes away.

Back to the fight I guess...

Edit: Where do you change the time on these forums? I have been all through my preferences and can't find the option. Forum says it's 2am right now.

Edited by Anundir

Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

The fight wasn't necessarily designed with the thought that you keep up T7's gear throughout the game. Rather, there appears to be a bug we're seeing.

The puzzle in the large main room is indeed intended to help gear T7 if needed. If solved, the resulting chest should provide a full set of blue gear of T7. We thought we had fixed this for launch, but it appears some of you are still not able to loot the chest. If you have solved this puzzle, can you confirm if you had any problem looting the chest, and what exactly happened? In an earlier build, you may have gotten an 'out of range' type of error. Is that what you are getting now or is it just not looting?

Thanks for your help!

Even without it bugged, that's needed at the beginning of the area, not the end where all tank spec guardians will have already had to have go re-gear T7 to get to.

So...I was supposed to be able to loot after finishing that puzzle? Dang, that would have been pretty sweet to have (although I already had T7 mostly ready and geared before going). I tried it at least 20 times and the dang thing just wouldn't loot. There was no error message either. The cast bar for looting completed and then nothing happens.

For those of us who managed to finish the quest, are we going to be re-compensated for this reward that we now no longer have access to?

EDIT:

I'm not really sure how people are having trouble with the fight with a decently-geared T7 as Guardian.

The Emperor's clones spawn 4 times: On the pull, 75%, 50%, and 25%. The clones all literally die in one strike (Slash, Blade Storm, what have you). There's no need to kite them anywhere or attempt to bunch them up and AoE. Just run around mindlessly attacking each one and they vanish very quickly. After that you can get back on the Emperor and interrupt whatever he happens to be doing to T7.

My T7 died right as the set of clones at 50% was spawning. At this point I blew all my personal cooldowns, ignored the clones, and tunneled him down fairly easily with Force Stasis and Push available. Are people with these sub-20% wipes forgetting their interrupt (for the 6-second cast ability he starts doing sub-50%) and Dispatch (Execute-style ability)? My Dispatch took him from 19% to 5% (lucky crit) and it was fairly easy to finish him before the clones finished me.

In my opinion, the fight is fine with T7 having the gear. It doesn't need nerfs; the puzzle chest needs fixing. That's all.

Edited by TheCheatz

tips below:

This fight can be done fairly easy without t7. He likes long casts, and there are pillars up near his throne. Use pillars, take pot shots at him when hes close/channeling a long cast. Make sure you immediately hop behind a pillar when he splits, tap each add 1 or 2 times to poof them and go back to hiding again. Takes a while, probably not the intended way, but works

Hi there, folks!

A quick reminder to please use the available SPOILER tags when sharing something that spoils the story! You can use them like this:

[noparse]

(Information here.)

[/noparse]

That will give you this:

(Information here.)

Thank you for your understanding and help keeping this forum spoiler-free!

I solved the puzzle but the chest just casts "Using" when I attempt to loot it, no loot given. I did go past to one step further on the quest before knowing of the chest (to save Kira in the bunker, didn't complete that though) as well as died after solving the puzzle. The chest is completely unlootable, I tried going to character select even and reloading UI, no go.

I seem unable to proceed...

Edited by Ancen

Just updating/sharing. The puzzle box was unlootable. I was unable to solo the emperor after several attempts. Ended up cheesing the fight by force pushing the old bastard down the stairs over and over till gravity finished him off. I would feel bad, but I don't because that is an insane fight to expect you to solo. Even if T7 has gear, he still dies in short order to the first spawn of clones.

Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

The fight wasn't necessarily designed with the thought that you keep up T7's gear throughout the game. Rather, there appears to be a bug we're seeing.

The puzzle in the large main room is indeed intended to help gear T7 if needed. If solved, the resulting chest should provide a full set of blue gear of T7. We thought we had fixed this for launch, but it appears some of you are still not able to loot the chest. If you have solved this puzzle, can you confirm if you had any problem looting the chest, and what exactly happened? In an earlier build, you may have gotten an 'out of range' type of error. Is that what you are getting now or is it just not looting?

Thanks for your help!

I had the non-loot problem when I did it on the 17th (so not sure if still applicable). It is not an out of range issue or what not, it simply doesn't loot. When I did it, I also had an issue where there was an instance of the non-clickable chest overlapping the clickable chest. I could still click to attempt to loot the lootable version chest in which areas of the non-lootable chest that the lootable chest were clipping through.

I also ran into the one-hit kill bug in which he instantly died straight off the bat.

Edited by Blev

Hey Folks!

Thanks for your help!

so the chest finnaly worked today. inside was some green stuff for t7. didnt make 1 difference in the fight. die wait 10 min die again. used every cc and medkits bla bla. i dont feel very heroic bringing som friends in to help with MY class quest.. and it wasnt a full set either btw.

Edited by sinnes

Just updating/sharing. The puzzle box was unlootable. .

My problem isn't even the fight yet, but rather the general mobs in the area :eek: are just tearing me apart as a Sentinel. My droid having L12-13 gear sure doesn't help, since...

as I said above, I can't get the chest to loot.

EDIT: Heh, after logging out last night and in this morning, I'm able to.

EDIT spoiler:

The chest originally had a glitched unlootable one on top of the original, I tried looting the original and couldn't get it. I logged out overnight and the unlootable one was gone leaving just a real chest that took 3 seconds to loot rather than a half-second "using" animation like the glitched one. This one only contained GREEN gear though... devpost claimed blue?

EDIT again:

After a couple of attempts, it glitched on me for the "one-hit win" :( when I sent T7 in to attack first. A shame, I was really wanting to beat it for real!

Edited by Ancen

I tried it this morning for the first time. The chest didn't work initially then I left this instance and came back later and it became lootable. I would advise people to either relog or let the instance reset to be able to loot.

Gear is indeed green and it's not a full set. However clearly noticed a significant difference for T7 in trash fight vs. the lvl 30-35 gear he had earlier.

For the emperor this is another story, his lighting does far too much dmg and the adds are hard to get rid off quickly. T7 is quite good to get himself killed that for sure.

I can bring him below 50% but that's about all. In the current form, it requires to gear up a lot to become doable.

I don't understand the "pillar trick" some people mentionned. Still waiting to see someone posting a video of winning this fight.

I'm still calling total shenanigans on the one shot kill technique, especially since there's this trend of warping away from you so you can't quickly hit an interrupt.

I'm gonna have to find friends or something for this, but on the plus side, I got the chest to work by going into a warzone while standing near it, by the time I got back FROM the warzone, it was openable. Still only Greens. Nor was it a full set, despite this claim.

"The puzzle in the large main room is indeed intended to help gear T7 if needed. If solved, the resulting chest should provide a full set of blue gear of T7."

Edited by ImmortalDrazhar

completely agree with op.

If I knew I had to only use T3 for the last boss i would have geared him more, but being a tank and having a tank companion is pretty much worthless so i never geared him.

Edit: how did they make this fight as is? did they even try the damn fight once?

My mind is blown, how the hell are you supposed to beat it. Just wasted 3 hours of my life /end rant

Edited by sol_

The fight should be designed to make us use our skills, not hide behind pillars. Having T7 as the only companion we can use and him being under geared until you get to the Temple is very painful. I've spent every last credit I have on gearing him up, medpacs, stims and repairs (Over 200k) and I still haven't completed this fight. The Chest that gears up T7 is just green gear and really doesn't make him any less squishy. It also was bugged after i completed the puzzle. The only way I could loot it was to leave the phase, and fight ALL the trash back to the chest for stuff that wasn't any better then I had bought!

Now I'm broke and stuck waiting for other Guild Members to level to 50 so I can get help on a CLASS QUEST, that I should be able to do SOLO. This is the kind of thing that makes people quit playing. Furthermore, having to fight the trash again and again to re-attempt the fight is brutal, and unnecessary!

They could have let us keep the companion of our choice until we get to the force shield, there are many other ways they could have told the "Story" without impacting us so negatively.

I don't want an easy fight, but I want a fight that at least doesn't force us to hide behind pillars to have a chance at being the final boss. It should be designed to force us to use our skills! A fight that you have to exploit to win doesn't make anyone feel heroic.

The story had a great built up, but this fight is a HUGE let down. Another huge let down is BioWare's lack of response in this thread and others about this issue; I'm not counting the one that tells us about the chest, but the chest doesn't work for anyone unless you leave the phase.

Found a way to kill him pretty easy solo but it just seems wrong to have to do it. If you just want to move on with the story and not worry about the fight you can hit him and run back to the mezzanine stairs and force push him down the stairs. It did not kill him the first time and I had to do it a second time. It makes it easier to take out the clones first.