Resolve, Mind Snap and Resilence. What a joke.

Aceylah

Before people say "you just don't know how it works", I have read up and know exactly how resolve is supposed to work, but in reality it has never worked this way for me, or anyone that I warzone with.

First: Resolve

I am constantly getting chained stunned while my resolve is up, and while I have a FULL resolve bar. It doesn't make any sense to me why this is happening when enemies are able to resist my stuns with an empty resolve bar...........

Basically I will wait for my resolve bar to fill, pop my cc breaker and try to cross a flame thing in hutball and I will get stunned the instant I step on it. Makes me want to explode.

Second: Resilience

Part of the spell description reads "increases your chance to resist Force and Tech attacks by 100% for 5 seconds"

Why is it that this does not apply to stuns? are none of the stuns in this game Tech or Force spells?

Also a major problem when crossing the flames in hutball as you cast it before you cross and it still does not prevent you from being stunned on them.

And before people start taking the post off topic about tactics of hutball, yes I do pass over the flames, as its the only sure way not to get CC'd on top of them for an easy death. These are just examples of situations where the above mentioned mechanics don't seem to be working as intended.

Last: Mind Snap

"Interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for 4 seconds"

The prevention just doesn't work. I'm, always interrupting sorcs while they are casting just to have them cast the EXACT same spell straight away.

Not just having a cry, I would actually like to know if other people are having the same issues with the above mentioned mechanics because I honestly believe that they are not working properly.

Resolve works fine for me, and about the other two abilities, my Shadow mate doesnt have any problems with them at all, works like intended.

Oddly enough just seems like you have this issue.

Nah, he's not. A lot of people just don't bother complaining anymore cause this forum is flooded with complaints and posts about the same old **** every 5 seconds and the response from Devs/officials is worse than the forum moderation.

So yeah, official forums ftw.

Resolve works fine for me, and about the other two abilities, my Shadow mate doesnt have any problems with them at all, works like intended.

Oddly enough just seems like you have this issue.

A dev fake account ?

Anyways no resolve doesnt work at all period.

Before people say "you just don't know how it works", I have read up and know exactly how resolve is supposed to work, but in reality it has never worked this way for me, or anyone that I warzone with.

I am constantly getting chained stunned while my resolve is up, and while I have a FULL resolve bar. It doesn't make any sense to me why this is happening when enemies are able to resist my stuns with an empty resolve bar...........

Basically I will wait for my resolve bar to fill, pop my cc breaker and try to cross a flame thing in hutball and I will get stunned the instant I step on it. Makes me want to explode.

Part of the spell description reads "increases your chance to resist Force and Tech attacks by 100% for 5 seconds"

Why is it that this does not apply to stuns? are none of the stuns in this game Tech or Force spells?

Also a major problem when crossing the flames in hutball as you cast it before you cross and it still does not prevent you from being stunned on them.

And before people start taking the post off topic about tactics of hutball, yes I do pass over the flames, as its the only sure way not to get CC'd on top of them for an easy death. These are just examples of situations where the above mentioned mechanics don't seem to be working as intended.

"Interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for 4 seconds"

The prevention just doesn't work. I'm, always interrupting sorcs while they are casting just to have them cast the EXACT same spell straight away.

Not just having a cry, I would actually like to know if other people are having the same issues with the above mentioned mechanics because I honestly believe that they are not working properly.

1. Not at fault. Something isn't working on your end. I don't know what, but something is.

2. Many stuns are ranged or melee and don't fall under Tech or Force (some of my abilities are like this, and it is bad when you have 106 Accuracy in Tech and only 96% in Ranged).

3. Either A: The ability ended and the input lag interrupted nothing, allowing them to reuse thier ability without fail. Or B: They stopped the cast by moving and you wasted your interrupt, then they proceeded to recast their ability.

Nah, he's not. A lot of people just don't bother complaining anymore cause this forum is flooded with complaints and posts about the same old **** every 5 seconds and the response from Devs/officials is worse than the forum moderation.

So yeah, official forums ftw.

Weird how it works fine for both my and my mates tho, really is..

Never been CC'd with a full white resolve bar.

1. Not at fault. Something isn't working on your end. I don't know what, but something is.

2. Many stuns are ranged or melee and don't fall under Tech or Force (some of my abilities are like this, and it is bad when you have 106 Accuracy in Tech and only 96% in Ranged).

3. Either A: The ability ended and the input lag interrupted nothing, allowing them to reuse thier ability without fail. Or B: They stopped the cast by moving and you wasted your interrupt, then they proceeded to recast their ability.

Resolve when full is supposed to make you immune to further stuns, so that it isn't completely impossible to play huttball without having your entire team coordinating via a VOIP program like teamspeak or ventrillo

Resolve when full is supposed to make you immune to further stuns, so that it isn't completely impossible to play huttball without having your entire team coordinating via a VOIP program like teamspeak or ventrillo

Don't rely on Resolve, as it doesn't work EXACTLY how people think it does. I can slow you forever and it won't go up, and I've rooted people twice without moving the bar. But both my stuns and any more causes them to have immunity (that's 6.5 seconds of stunning combined).

It's not an entitlement, it's a gift. Think of it that way.

Don't rely on Resolve, as it doesn't work EXACTLY how people think it does. I can slow you forever and it won't go up, and I've rooted people twice without moving the bar. But both my stuns and any more causes them to have immunity (that's 6.5 seconds of stunning combined).

It's not an entitlement, it's a gift. Think of it that way.

Resolve is not supposed to work on roots and slows, only on real CC. Stuns / Blinds etc.

Resolve is not supposed to work on roots and slows, only on real CC. Stuns / Blinds etc.

And yet many people see a root as a stun, when it is not. That is what I was pointing out.

And I believe it activates on HARD stuns, not blinds as those don't stay when you are attacked (if I remember correctly).

Still, it does slowly go down, so a full bar might only be at 99% (because it does go down).

If it activates AWESOME! Run for the hills and don't jump into the nearest group of enemies. But also don't expect it to work just because someone ran into a zerg-force and expected to run through them like a wave in a child's pool.

And yet many people see a root as a stun, when it is not. That is what I was pointing out.

And I believe it activates on HARD stuns, not blinds as those don't stay when you are attacked (if I remember correctly).

Still, it does slowly go down, so a full bar might only be at 99% (because it does go down).

If it activates AWESOME! Run for the hills and don't jump into the nearest group of enemies. But also don't expect it to work just because someone ran into a zerg-force and expected to run through them like a wave in a child's pool.

You need to get hit by 2 CC's in order for your bar to white out.

Blind is counted in to this aswell.

The problem as I see it is the fact that you can get a full stun, then straight after get hit by another full stun, litteraly not being able to control your character for that long amount of time whilst still taking damage, which i think its flawed.

I think they should have it like it is now with the change that the second CC that hits when your bar isnt completely full should be half duration, and not full.

You need to get hit by 2 CC's in order for your bar to white out.

Blind is counted in to this aswell.

The problem as I see it is the fact that you can get a full stun, then straight after get hit by another full stun, litteraly not being able to control your character for that long amount of time whilst still taking damage, which i think its flawed.

I think they should have it like it is now with the change that the second CC that hits when your bar isnt completely full should be half duration, and not full.

So people would use their biggest stun first, wait and then stun with their smaller one. So my stuns would last 5.25 seconds instead of 6.5. If a group starts stunning you, you'll still be "Stunlocked" and nothing is really solved.

And in a game where CCs are needed (if not required due to objectives and not based on kills), diminishing returns is almost out the window as it would make melee and semi-melee (Powertech/Vanguard Tanks) extremely easy to kite and kill.

But you are thinking, which is great. I'm just saying, 'try again'.

So people would use their biggest stun first, wait and then stun with their smaller one. So my stuns would last 5.25 seconds instead of 6.5. If a group starts stunning you, you'll still be "Stunlocked" and nothing is really solved.

And in a game where CCs are needed (if not required due to objectives and not based on kills), diminishing returns is almost out the window as it would make melee and semi-melee (Powertech/Vanguard Tanks) extremely easy to kite and kill.

But you are thinking, which is great. I'm just saying, 'try again'.

I guess they could reduce it even further, making you completely immune to CC after just one CC would just break the CC system rather then balancing it.

The numbers can be tweaked I guess, but 1.25 seconds in PvP, especially when in a stun, seems like an eternity, so I definately think it would help the cause. Its one GCD lost where I cant react to it for the stunner, which gives me alot higher chance of surviving. Also have the fact that if you trinket the first stun, you cant just instantly sit in another full one, since it will be half the duration alone.

Sounds like you were rooted, not stunned.

a random chance to resist things cc would be stupid. most cc has a relatively long cooldown, RNG stun prevents would make the game way too luck based.

Sorcerers have 6 spells with the exact same lightning animation, chances are you stopped one of them and he used one of the other 5.

Thanks for the feedback, in response to what you said:

1. I don't see how something isn't working on my end seeing how it's not a client side system. I can have a glowing white resolve bar and get stunned, I don't understand why.

2. Ok, so lots of stuns aren't force/tech. Thanks for clarifying, Just kind of makes the skill a bit pointless if you cant use it to avoid stuns/holds. I feel like i'm playing heroes of newerth again where shrunken heads magic immunity only works for half the spells in the game.

3. The 4 second skill lockout actually doesnt work for me. You can't macro a stopcast in this game, and guys literally stand still on the spot, I interrupt them while they are channelling, and cast the same skill straight away without moving from their spot.

someone said 4 seconds isnt a long time... but it really is when you're trying to burst down a sorcerer thats spamming heals on themselves.

you just don't know how it works.

l2p

If you are clueless plis dont tell other people l2p when these players actually have a clue what their talking about.When i'm ingame and mt bar is filled up and i'm still stuned how it is working. When i break free they stun me and the bars goes all the ay up and they stun me again and i'm standing there for 10-30 seconds stuned how is it working ?

When something doesnt work and is crap it belongs in the garbage can with the rest of the junk.When skilled gaming veterans is saying something is not working and in the end they leave the game and the MMO company lose alot of subs = $ they have only them self to blame ! MMO gamers dont forgive and come back after a certain time of failures because the devs refuse to listen and answear the players conserns.And we want good PvP not some fail stun lock hell like crappy wow have.

Weird how it works fine for both my and my mates tho, really is..

Never been CC'd with a full white resolve bar.

Same here, works fine for me.

Also, Mind Snap/et al. abilities work perfectly, you have to time it right so it actually interrupts the enemy's cast instead of landing after they're done :rolleyes:.

Sorcerers have 6 spells with the exact same lightning animation, chances are you stopped one of them and he used one of the other 5.

No. It says what spell they are casting on their cast bar, and it also says interrupted on that same bar when you interrupt it..... and it doesn't prevent them using it again.

Also, your first point about it being a hold not a stun.. possibly, but then that would be retarded because to a melee class a hold basically is a stun. So if resolve doesn't stop a hold spell its pointless.

A root is a real CC. It's just as good as a stun against certain classes. And it's the reason why so many people think resolve isn't working.

A root is a real CC. It's just as good as a stun against certain classes. And it's the reason why so many people think resolve isn't working.

I agree it effects some classes more then others, definately.

If it was working on roots Sentinels and Marauders would be WAY too overpowered, simply because I would then have a full white bar every time I ran in to 5-6 people, and would just not be stopped by anything, which would just make it silly.

THIS!!!

I think mines is called Jolt, does the same things, it interrupts but they can clearly recast RIGHT AWAY! Funny how i was even going to take the extra talent points to increase the lock out duration, but seeing as there is no lock out, that's 2 points elsewhere.

Not working as intended.