Maintenance: September 20th, 2013

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

On September 20th, all game servers will be unavailable while we perform maintenance. Patch 2.3.3a will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Friday September 20th

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 5AM PDT (12PM UTC)

Patch Notes

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Once AGAIN smack in the middle of APAC prime time on FRIDAY NIGHT.

PLEASE consider moving these short paches to Midnight PST so we dont constantly lose entire ops nights.

It would suit euro players also.

Is it so important for americans to be online from midnight to 2am on a friday morning, that all APAC players need to lose their entire prime time friday night ops?

Please consider who you are inconveniencing the most with this constant patching.

Once AGAIN smack in the middle of APAC prime time on FRIDAY NIGHT.

PLEASE consider moving these short paches to Midnight PST so we dont constantly lose entire ops nights.

It would suit euro players also.

Is it so important for americans to be online from midnight to 2am on a friday morning, that all APAC players need to lose their entire prime time friday night ops?

Please consider who you are inconveniencing the most with this constant patching.

Agree:ph_agree:

To the dev's Just in case you don't know this is 8PM and 10PM AEST :sul_confused:. Please ask your self what time would you like to play:sul_frown:. This is the second prime time Friday this month you have taken from us :rak_mad:.

But I know you wont reply But I dare you too. Bound to be flamed about stop crying and the like as always there has to be a few trolls here. But please consider what your doing and how you are affect the game you want people to play and enjoy. Guess I'll go to the pub and speed the money I was going to use on cartel coins there instead of giving it to you.

Think i might add a signature to the affect of

"SWTOR Buisness profile - encouraging APAC players to go to the pub and getting drunk instead of playing this game on a Friday night."

Time to start drink then see you all when the servers come back. Too those APAC players that have the misfortune of random group finder grouping with me later on Sorry If my tanking skills are shot chances are I'm drunk :p. so apologizes in advance.

Agree with previous posters. Even moving this by a couple of hours would help - 10pm to midnight local time would be better than 8pm. There's no way anyone has time to get home from work and run an op.

We're not just whining, these constant maintenance times are making it impossible for us to have any kind of raid schedule.

Please, tell me which time zone couldn't bear it to be 2 - 4 hours later??

I agree as well, I always end up losing the game when I only have the time for it, always patching when I have time to play the game, and my guild asks me why I level so slowly. Well, beats me, I dunno, because of inconsideration ?

Maybe if people stopped buying on cartel market in protest and resigned from their subs BioWare would finally notice.

Also, thank you for the title for buying expansion, I'm really thrilled, the most expensive title I bought in the game.:mad:

The other other posters bring up a valid point.

I have another one.

STOP PATCHING ON FRIDAY!!! :mad:

When you patch on Friday, if the patch messes something else up (as they often do in any MMO with this much code) IT DOESN'T GET FIXED TILL MONDAY OR TUESDAY AT THE EARLIEST. You've just made your customers deal with whatever the new bugs are, and lets be honest they're are ALWAYS new bugs, during what is for 90% of them PRIME PLAY TIME.

It's kind of like scheduling Subway maintenance during Monday morning Rush hour Traffic . The reason most MMO's do patches on Tuesday in the early AM is that is usually the low point for player numbers. The weekend is the HIGH POINT.

As a subscriber from the Asia Pacific region, can I ask that seriously consider moving server maintenance so that it commences no earlier than 5am PDT. Surely given that you no longer have APAC servers this is a reasonable request? Some of us have a job which means that our key playing time is realistically between 1am PDT to 5 am PDT (6 to 10PM EST). How many people in the PDT and EDT timezones (which are your obvious focus) are actually playing at that time? Its presumably a small inconvenience for those players and is effectively rendering the game unplayable for APAC players.

I cannot patch the game after the most recent patch 09/20/2013. It has been stalled at 46.7% for a day. Nothing on my system has changed so it must be the patch. I've tried repairing the launcher, restarting etc. Is something going to be done about this?

Cheers

Aaron

I guess I should investigate all threads instead of posting like a whiny noob :)

Deleting the Bitraider folder does indeed work

I cant start a new thread. This is about the 9/24 patch. As it was this was a disaster. I am still updateing the patch after 7 hours so far. It is difficult for me to believe that every patch is an emergency. Every 2 to 4 days is excessive. I also believe that you are not testing patches by random sampling methods.

Feature request - Restrict patches to no more than once per week on a given scheduled day. Tuesday for example since all "Weekly's" are reset. Make sure all players know and understand the schedule. This should also allow you to do more thorough testing.

Note: Since the introduction of BitRaider, patching has been painfully slow. Usually taking me 1 hour. I have disabled BitRaider permanately because of this update.

2nd feature request. How about introducing Guild houses or Galaxy class ships. These should have the ability to decorate from drops in operations, vendor sales, and Cartel Market. I know I would love to buy a personal home on some given planet that I can decorate and have a little extra storage.