Bring back Zenith and make him romanceable

MoonDroid

It is long past due for them to return our grumpy Twi'lek. At this point I am not expecting anything meaningful. In fact, I want Zenith's return to go something like this.

Zenith: Jedi.

Consular: Zenith, where have you been? I have been back all this time. My face is all over the holonet. Surely you knew I was back.

Zenith: Uh, you are not the center of the galaxy, you know. I have had stuff to do.

Consular: Ooookay, what stuff?

Zenith: That is none of your business. No I am going to go stand over here, stoically judge everything with my scowl, and never speak again.

I don't know... we thought we'd be getting nothing more than five minute cutscenes of 'Hi, how ya doing? I'm joining back up with you' for companion returns thanks to ones like Mako/Akaavi and Risha/Corso; then we got Doc and Nadia (and Jaesa and Khem) on Ossus and Theran (but not Holiday...) on Corellia with actual storyline relevance and extended parts to play in events.

Zenith basically lives to fight the Sith Empire, now that the Republic is back at war with the Sith it's his world again, it's ripe for him to return with a storyline role (Maybe the Empire is going to make another run at Balmorra and its factories, who knows?).

I just can't get this feeling that whether or not you saved Tai Cordan or Zasha Rankin (Balmorran rebel leader-turned-Republic Senator and Imperial Admiral, remember?) back in "Knights" will somehow turn out to have bearing on Zenith's return and/or joining you. I mean, guy hates Imperials, doesn't like Tai for basically exiling him after winning Balmorra's independence again, but straight-up hates Imperials; I can easily see him joining you if you saved Cordan and let Rankin die, being neutral if they both lived, and being antagonistic if you saved the Imperial and let the Balmorran die...

I'm really hoping Balmorra will feature in some way like Corellia did, which is why I'd love to have a confrontation with my agent about Grey Star for example, like a mentioned.

Supposedly Balmorra is directly affiliated with the alliance through Tai if you saved him, so it'd be cool if there could the three outcomes: Imperial, Republic and affiliated with either through the alliance for those that chose to stay seperate. I think Zenith would make most sense as a hardliner for independence and neutral to the republic.

Besides the agent, another cool concept might be those that play as a saboteur Consular. I don't have a character like that myself, but it would be really satisfying to have a choice play out in such a personalised fashion.

I'd want Zenith and Theron Shan have a scene together for the humor value of watching the voice actor talk to himself.

Yeah, but the best part would be after Zenith leaves the area;

THE COMMANDER (non-Consular/non-Agent): There was something... strange about the way he talked.

LANA: I think you're imagining things.

THERON: No, he's right. There was something familiar about Zenith's voice. I could almost swear I've heard it somewhere before...

THE COMMANDER: Your time with the SIS, probably.

THERON: Maybe. I'll keep thinking about it. Maybe it'll come to me.

I am curious what will happen when Zenith reappears.

I imagine that the reason he's taking so long to return is due to the nature of his character. He has a very black and white view of the Republic-Empire war, and I imagine the writers couldn't think of a way to justify him working with the Alliance, due to it having a number of former Imperials. (Though admittedly, this is part of why I think it'll be interesting when he does reappear.) It wouldn't surprise me if, when he does come back, only Consulars will be able to recruit him due to him feeling lingering loyalty to them, while with the others he will openly refuse to trust someone whose attitude towards Imperials is anything other than "plant a blaster bolt in their skull." (Best case scenario is that he CAN be persuaded to help at least a Republic origin commander... but to prove you're "trustworthy" he will demand you kill Lana.)

• 1 month later...

Every game update I get so excited hoping they'll be bringing Zenith back, but I'm forever disappointed :(

I am really curious how it will go down though, especially being buddies with Lana and Scourge. I can actually picture him freaking out a little (ok, maybe a lot).

I've always wondered about the meditation on Rishi and the Consular gets told about all the titles they could get, one is "The Betrayer of Balmorra" or something like that? I really do wonder if that's going to come up again.

Zenith would surely see you as that if you opted to kill Tai or maybe even just for being buddies with a sith - let alone if you sided with them :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Yes please! He's my favourite Jedi Consular companion, with the stoic get **** done attitude and questionable morals. I guess romance would be too much to hope for, although I'd take Zenith over the king of boredom Iresso, or the way-too-young padawan Nadia.

Yes please! He's my favourite Jedi Consular companion, with the stoic get **** done attitude and questionable morals. I guess romance would be too much to hope for, although I'd take Zenith over the king of boredom Iresso, or the way-too-young padawan Nadia.

You do know that all of the class companions are over the age of 18, nadia is According to several posts on the official SWTOR, her age in game is 22