Bolstering from 75 to 70

it doesn't make a lot of sense why BW would do that.

I think it does, unfortunately. What do you think is eaisier and faster for devs to do? Change the parameters of every singe mob and their abilities everywhere in the game from level 70 to level 75, or just change the parameters of player characters from 75 to 70?

Kinda makes sense, eh?:)

Some FP or Ops are not scaled to do with level synced toons. The later FPs , Train, Chiss, Nathama are tuned for higher gear so do work well with the new stats being lower. A blanket sync never works for everything as you lack the power you need and the crit/power jump you got from adrenals, buffs, and relics were needed parts of those fights.

Just because you can do 12k plus does not mean you will survive. I have full 306 healers with 3206Alacrity 2400 Crit and I just can't cover the burst the bosses put out. I just don't have the power to keep them up.

The high-ilvl buffs actually raise your stats to a similar point to how we were geared in the last expansion.

I for one am enjoying the return of more difficult encounters. Its been a blast getting to see old mechanics make a return from the trash heap of irrelevance they were relegated to.

Bear in mind as well, this is the beginning of an expansion. Get your tacticals sorted out, learn how the new abilities affect your rotation, stop using Serendipitous/Retribution for synced content, get your set bonuses in order, optimize your i306s.

Theres a lot still to do to reach where we were at.

30th level of buf gives 1.5x about then it was with 258 before.

20k crits from tank...

which all has sense - F2P players are stimulated to pay and get 75/306. As with their 258 gear they can do but worse a bit.

Edited by alexzk

I think it does, unfortunately. What do you think is eaisier and faster for devs to do? Change the parameters of every singe mob and their abilities everywhere in the game from level 70 to level 75, or just change the parameters of player characters from 75 to 70?

Kinda makes sense, eh?:)

Almost makes, but not. They have F2P players which are stuck at 70/258 and which must be able to play same.

Old bolster didn't work and had extra work as you said + any new tires will add more work.

Instead, they all put to 70 now. Any new updates can be scaled down and F2P can use old gear with no changes.

Almost makes, but not. They have F2P players which are stuck at 70/258 and which must be able to play same.

Old bolster didn't work and had extra work as you said + any new tires will add more work.

Instead, they all put to 70 now. Any new updates can be scaled down and F2P can use old gear with no changes.

i hope they are balancing the game around the pay/former paying players and not f2p, it's a company after all, not a charity

i hope they are balancing the game around the pay/former paying players and not f2p, it's a company after all, not a charity

It was before, seems it didnt work. It was adding rebalance issues on each update. Now they can just change max level in their code, like 75 to 80 and all should go ok. At least i would do so,

Basically they had to stop at 50 :) as old raids was 50 based. But they decided don't dig too deep.

I think in future we will see this new raid scales down to 75, i.e. instead redoing all raids with new level cap it will auto scale gear to old cap set for this raid properly.

Edited by alexzk

It was before, seems it didnt work. It was adding rebalance issues on each update. Now they can just change max level in their code, like 75 to 80 and all should go ok. At least i would do so,

Basically they had to stop at 50 :) as old raids was 50 based. But they decided don't dig too deep.

I think in future we will see this new raid scales down to 75, i.e. instead redoing all raids with new level cap it will auto scale gear to old cap set for this raid properly.

it has nothing to do with f2p.... that would be ******** as they cant participate in ops....

use your brain....

its about not having to rescale stuff... saves worktime... saves money....

its a cheap move and i dislike it