Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

As my subscription will end shortly I just wanted to say thank you to those who kept

this thread alive as one of the last bastions to remind Bioware that they still owe us...

.... if not the promised content than at least some answers.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my subscription will end shortly I just wanted to say thank you to those who kept

this thread alive as one of the last bastions to remind Bioware that they still owe us...

Thanks for hanging in as long as you did - we tried, at least.

Sad to see you go :( Hope you find better games than this one.

A Yellow post in the Story forum... she must have gotten lost.

...and the Short Fiction Weekly Challenge Thread. Ms. Woods certainly is lost. Ms. Watson also seems to be doing the rounds with her area (bug reports, I believe.)

There's hedging, and there's going 53 weeks without any info. Not even a "we wanted to work on it, but then we spent the year spraying canned cheese up our noses instead."

Even Class Story gets the occasional (non-forum) hand-wave of "it's there, except it's not." I don't know, maybe Schrodinger's Class Story is so mind-blowing a concept they have to only mention it at Cantina Events. Even though people apparently ask the question at each event... if only they had some way to post information on a central website for the game, for frequently asked questions.

There's hedging, and there's going 53 weeks without any info. Not even a "we wanted to work on it, but then we spent the year spraying canned cheese up our noses instead."

There's your problem - too much cheese can actually lead to nightmares. The writing team thought they'd actually implemented SGRAs and scared themselves with the idea so much, that now they can barely use Twitter. This is why you don't hire dudebros, it's just science. They're simply not as capable as the rest of us.

Edit:

I'll have you know that no one in the Young Avengers is straight.

See Bioware? Marvel can do it, and they're owned by Disney as well. So *fart noises* to you.

Edited by Tatile

An article about the Fake Geek/Gamer Girl myth, which later focuses on cross-gender play in MMOs:

Seeming Female: Gender in Digital Spaces

Thought you guys might find it interesting. Nah, I'm going to post it in the "Men what play lady characters" thread because I don't feel like getting attacked.

An article about the Fake Geek/Gamer Girl myth, which later focuses on cross-gender play in MMOs:

Seeming Female: Gender in Digital Spaces

Thought you guys might find it interesting. Nah, I'm going to post it in the "Men what play lady characters" thread because I don't feel like getting attacked.

It is most interesting indeed.

So, I've been quietly lurking since my last post. Popping in every so often to see if there were any updates to SGRA. I mean I'm glad I kept my expectations low to non-existent. I haven't really played TOR in a long time. I try to...honestly. But like others in the thread, I think my time is going to be up pretty soon on the game being that the game itself is going in the wrong direction (I think). I will say I've been keeping myself occupied in Skyrim and Dragon Age: Origins (God I miss the old Bioware). But it has become apparent that EA has fully feasted on the corpse of a once great company. And I won't give my money to the eater of franchises anymore. That even means I refuse to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition. I want to say it's been a great honor to fight by your sides in a great cause. I just wish EA had the cahones to do right by their playerbase.

I quote Padme Amidala: "So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."

Thunderous something, but they ain't getting applause from this corner. Not by a long shot.

Sorry to see you go, though I can't really blame you. Bioware have given up on story content (despite being THE story company for games) and this particular studio? Well. Yeah. Only writer I'd recommend is Mr. Freed - I suggest avoiding any of the others involved (Hood and Boyd are still on the team, seem to also be the only writers.)

I wish you all good luck! Though I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet, as I feel like it's one of those times where I'm waiting for the bus at a bus stop for over an hour, I quickly dash into a store to get a drink or walk to take a different bus at the stop across the road, and the bus I'm waiting for drives by.

Though I agree with what's been said. Bioware seriously goofed on this issue, which is a shame coming from a company that's come so far in terms of equality and acceptance. I hope the company rediscovers their backbone and ceases caving to the vocal conservative who really are in the minority in this day and age.

So, I've been quietly lurking since my last post. Popping in every so often to see if there were any updates to SGRA. I mean I'm glad I kept my expectations low to non-existent. I haven't really played TOR in a long time. I try to...honestly. But like others in the thread, I think my time is going to be up pretty soon on the game being that the game itself is going in the wrong direction (I think). I will say I've been keeping myself occupied in Skyrim and Dragon Age: Origins (God I miss the old Bioware). But it has become apparent that EA has fully feasted on the corpse of a once great company. And I won't give my money to the eater of franchises anymore. That even means I refuse to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition. I want to say it's been a great honor to fight by your sides in a great cause. I just wish EA had the cahones to do right by their playerbase.

I quote Padme Amidala: "So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."

New Bioware is fine, just not this particular studio. DAI is looking very good the last I heard, better than both previous Dragon Age games.

Though I agree with what's been said. Bioware seriously goofed on this issue, which is a shame coming from a company that's come so far in terms of equality and acceptance. I hope the company rediscovers their backbone and ceases caving to the vocal conservative who really are in the minority in this day and age.

Honestly, I think Austin is more lazy, and the rest of Bioware would never countenance caving to that demographic.

New Bioware is fine, just not this particular studio. DAI is looking very good the last I heard, better than both previous Dragon Age games.

Honestly, I think Austin is more lazy, and the rest of Bioware would never countenance caving to that demographic.

Is Austin in Texas, the most conservative state in the US of A? If so... that explains a lot.

I pretty much let this issue go, in favor of head canon that my female characters (Who are not Jedi/Sith) had same-sex partners if I want that, then lose them to someone/something else somewhere along the class storyline. I imagine the Jedi/sith discovering their sexual orientations not long after meeting the Romance options on Makeb (Never did the Imperial side by the way).

Is Austin in Texas, the most conservative state in the US of A? If so... that explains a lot.

Strangely enough, the city of Austin itself is quite liberal.

I know it's tempting to look upon the team here as a bunch of homophobes, but as that one saying goes, at least paraphrased, never assume malice when stupidity is a possible explanation.

Strangely enough, the city of Austin itself is quite liberal.

I know it's tempting to look upon the team here as a bunch of homophobes, but as that one saying goes, at least paraphrased, never assume malice when stupidity is a possible explanation.

Yeah, but calling the Austin team a bunch of morons doesn't make us feel any better :p

ok maybe a little

Texas the most conservative? Please, stop watching movies and assuming it's fact. I live in FINLAND and know it's rather liberal as far as southern states go.

And regarding to BioWare itself: Companies like BioWare have no need to hire locally. They can hire whoever they want from around the world. People will move from Australia to work there. Even low level staff position are filled from aound the world as potential employees will jump through any hoop to work there.

Texas the most conservative? Please, stop watching movies and assuming it's fact. I live in FINLAND and know it's rather liberal as far as southern states go.

And regarding to BioWare itself: Companies like BioWare have no need to hire locally. They can hire whoever they want from around the world. People will move from Australia to work there. Even low level staff position are filled from aound the world as potential employees will jump through any hoop to work there.

The show "What Would You Do?" lead me a bit to that conclusion, not going to lie. But given what's been said... I don't understand why Bioware caved to pressure somewhere outside of the stupidity explanation lol.