Colossal Monolith Performance

When can we expect to see some performance boosts in the new boss?

I think it would run a lot better if the purple effects would be taken away from the rifts, or lower the amount of rifts because its a headache to do 16m because everyone gets like 10fps. I get 20fps but that is still unplayable.

Game engine needs an upgrade by giving it up for a better 1.

PvP needs audio taunts (with non-censored versions).

Then we can have:

- 24-meatbag ops

- actual PvP

Before you go asking for bigger ops, look no further than what happened to other MMOs. Wildstar listened to its fans who claimed they wanted 40 man raids... and it flopped horribly because no one actually wanted to organize a 40m group. Even WoW lowered the highest difficulty from being either 10 or 25 man to just flat 20 man for its recent WoD expansion (and a lot guilds broke up because of this since most were 10 mans, and WoW is now at its lowest sub levels since classic). The fact is, most people playing MMOs want to do it with a SMALL group of friends, and forcing or even encouraging them to do bigger groups typically ends poorly for the MMO.

That said, the engine DOES need a revamp so we can have larger scale world PvP and world events (Ilum would have been awesome if it wasn't for the engine problems and the bugs/exploits). But changing an engine like that is a lot of work; WoW has never completely revamped its engine but it has done piecemeal upgrades with a few expansions. The kind of testing required when you alter the engine is insane.

Well, the game doesnt run terribly, all the general stuff I get 110fps(Max for this game), and most of the operations run fine at 8m and 16m even, except the two new operations which are a laggy mess in 16m. This boss on 16m is near unplayable probably because of the spammed rifts + their effects. Some of the rift placements dont even make sense if you tried to do it the way its supposed to be played, because its impossible to get to x color without walking through other ones. So you have to rely on jumping over the color, which doesnt work most of the time because the game never believes where you are at, thus making you have to jump out of things. Ex. NiM Council kiting Raptus. If you dont jump out of the punt, you can be 5 feet through him, and still get punted, in the opposite direction?

Also the loot for 16m HM doesnt even make any sense. It drops NO tokens at all. All it dropped was mount, two rift decos, 1-2 junk 198 MK-2 things and two 204 MHs which I am not complaining about, but why does 16m SM drop a 198 token and two 192 tokens with all except the 204 MHs. I cant tell if it is intentional, but there is 0 reason to do it on 16m because the lag makes it unplayable for most people, and its a little bit more of a headache to kill.

But changing an engine like that is a lot of work; WoW has never completely revamped its engine but it has done piecemeal upgrades with a few expansions. The kind of testing required when you alter the engine is insane.
But it did make improvements, TOR on the other hand performs and renders its world and players just as poorly as it did years ago. Even general hardware 'progression' of the playebase ain't able to fix it