Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The 5.10 Gear Changes Don't Work. Devs, Don't Be Stubborn.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The 5.10 Gear Changes Don't Work. Devs, Don't Be Stubborn.

Talinis's Avatar


Talinis
01.21.2019 , 12:00 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
This isn't WoW. If it were, we might be getting actual regular content drops.

They could have made NiM GftM or the new Op boss without an entirely new gearing system.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm not going to argue it with you. But I think the new gearing tier and how they've set it up all around one Op that most players won't even go near was a ridiculous and unnecessary waste, and from the posts here, most players don't seem to be happy about it.
We do get regular content drops, just not as frequent as you like them perhaps. and it's not necessarily set up just for one boss. We don't know what else bioware has planned. Perhaps Bioware may not end up doing a new set of levels (75) with the update and we may just stay at 70. The expansion most likely won't be a big one and if they did a level reset, they'd have to rebalance all the old content or have basically nothing to do at level 75 (which would take more time than adding master mode gods). Everyone knows they are limited in man power.

And remember, the games forums are a very bad place to get a consensus. People that are unhappy will go write up complaints about it, but people who like something are very unlikely to go out of their way to go post about it. They would much rather be in game enjoying themselves instead of writing a "Thank you Keith" post on the boards. Even if a change was very well received, u'd still rarely see thank you posts. How people are in life, with any aspect. The other issue with these forums is you have to be a subscriber. So it ends up being a cesspool of the same few people spouting their opinion, right or wrong. I don't believe anyone in my guild even goes to these forums. I do because I'm the guild leader so keep up on stuff for the guild. But that's about it.

Talinis's Avatar


Talinis
01.21.2019 , 12:12 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post

This is very much one of those YMMV situations. That is great that your experience with these changes has been positive, but mine has been the opposite. I was in two large, competitive conquest guilds before the conquest revamp, and it killed both of them. The handful of people who didn't quit don't talk about the guild changes and perks and they aren't shooting for the new gear tier because they just don't care.
The thing about the conquest changes is that they should've been in the game to start when they first did conquests. Allowing alts to circumvent 1 time weekly and other once a day conquests was a poor design and I'm very very very glad that they fixed that. The old system punished people who wanted to main one or two characters. Why should I or anyone in my guild be punished and be considered a detriment on getting conquest because they like to play one character? Some of our most active players only play ONE character. It should be equal across playing any amount of characters. The new system allows everyone, many alts, 1 main or a newbie to the game to get involved and we like it. Sure, the very competitive guys hate it because they lost the ability to "cheese" but it was the right change.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
01.21.2019 , 12:26 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Talinis View Post
We do get regular content drops, just not as frequent as you like them perhaps. and it's not necessarily set up just for one boss. We don't know what else bioware has planned. Perhaps Bioware may not end up doing a new set of levels (75) with the update and we may just stay at 70. The expansion most likely won't be a big one and if they did a level reset, they'd have to rebalance all the old content or have basically nothing to do at level 75 (which would take more time than adding master mode gods). Everyone knows they are limited in man power.

And remember, the games forums are a very bad place to get a consensus. People that are unhappy will go write up complaints about it, but people who like something are very unlikely to go out of their way to go post about it. They would much rather be in game enjoying themselves instead of writing a "Thank you Keith" post on the boards. Even if a change was very well received, u'd still rarely see thank you posts. How people are in life, with any aspect. The other issue with these forums is you have to be a subscriber. So it ends up being a cesspool of the same few people spouting their opinion, right or wrong. I don't believe anyone in my guild even goes to these forums. I do because I'm the guild leader so keep up on stuff for the guild. But that's about it.
Compared to what some other games offer, we certainly do not get "regular content drops." And what we have received is riddled with so many bugs as to be unplayable in some cases. We've also received content such as the H4s and the NiM Op that they probably know most players won't even touch.

The proof is in what one sees in the game IMHO. Ossus had something like 10 instances the week after it dropped, now it maybe has three. That might have to do largely with the fact that people are completely bored with grinding one single planet.

Talinis's Avatar


Talinis
01.21.2019 , 12:43 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
The proof is in what one sees in the game IMHO. Ossus had something like 10 instances the week after it dropped, now it maybe has three. That might have to do largely with the fact that people are completely bored with grinding one single planet.
Ossus had 10 instances because it was the new hotness so everyone was completing the content. Now that it's been out a while, people are doing other things and then hitting up ossus when it's time for dailies or other activities instead of sitting on the planet the entire time. Ossus is not the hub for everyone to sit at 24/7. So it is no surprise and very much expected for it to drop off. Quoting release numbers and numbers it is at now is a very, very poor way to get your point across because of this. It is like people quoting fleet numbers. I am almost never in fleet unless it is for a specific need or getting ready for ops. People sitting in fleet means they are there for some of the vendors, they are RPing, looking for ops/groups or they have nothing else to do. In fact, many prefer to just sit in their strongholds and afk there.

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
01.21.2019 , 01:02 AM | #105
I agree, this gearing system is bs on so many levels.
Starting with making the Command Tier system useless/pointless and old Tier 4 shells worthless. The slot binding beyond the armoring. The grind itself etc pp
It feels absolutely like the ignorance and incapability of old bad ghosts were around, you know, Ben Irving for instance.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
01.21.2019 , 01:12 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Talinis View Post
Ossus had 10 instances because it was the new hotness so everyone was completing the content. Now that it's been out a while, people are doing other things and then hitting up ossus when it's time for dailies or other activities instead of sitting on the planet the entire time. Ossus is not the hub for everyone to sit at 24/7. So it is no surprise and very much expected for it to drop off. Quoting release numbers and numbers it is at now is a very, very poor way to get your point across because of this. It is like people quoting fleet numbers. I am almost never in fleet unless it is for a specific need or getting ready for ops. People sitting in fleet means they are there for some of the vendors, they are RPing, looking for ops/groups or they have nothing else to do. In fact, many prefer to just sit in their strongholds and afk there.
It's not the same as quoting Fleet numbers. We all know most people don't hang out on the fleet. I certainly don't.

But given the length of time it takes to earn any gear at all via Ossus it's a reasonable assumption that if people were invested in the grind and trying to earn those 252s every week, it would still be busy. The content's only been out for a month, and it's supposed to be repeatable, so for the place to be a ghost town now does show a lack of interest.

If you want to think the devs walk on water and the game should be tailored for their personal amusement, and that this gear grind is something people love, I suppose you can do that. But I don't think most players feel that way.

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
01.21.2019 , 01:17 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Talinis View Post
The thing about the conquest changes is that they should've been in the game to start when they first did conquests. Allowing alts to circumvent 1 time weekly and other once a day conquests was a poor design and I'm very very very glad that they fixed that. The old system punished people who wanted to main one or two characters. Why should I or anyone in my guild be punished and be considered a detriment on getting conquest because they like to play one character? Some of our most active players only play ONE character. It should be equal across playing any amount of characters. The new system allows everyone, many alts, 1 main or a newbie to the game to get involved and we like it. Sure, the very competitive guys hate it because they lost the ability to "cheese" but it was the right change.
Except the new system punishes the people who like to play alts and as a result it punishes the people who donít want to play every aspect of the game. Conquest had one time per legacy activities prior to the revamp, the revamp didnít invent those, it just doubled down on them and then some. Using alts didnít circumvent anything. The old system allowed everyone to get involved too, but gave us a lot more freedom on how. The only ďcheesingĒ was using lockouts, and not everyone did that. So, as I said, YMMV. What was good for you and yours was horrible for me and mine.

So now that conquest has a ton of alt unfriendly restrictions are you winning a lot of planets now? Are the titles you won worth sacrificing a lot of other peopleís enjoyment? Are you still going to push for #1 once you have Galaxy Conquerer or is having your guild name on the planet enough motivation to keep winning since there is no other reward for winning?

Talinis's Avatar


Talinis
01.21.2019 , 02:35 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Except the new system punishes the people who like to play alts and as a result it punishes the people who donít want to play every aspect of the game. Conquest had one time per legacy activities prior to the revamp, the revamp didnít invent those, it just doubled down on them and then some. Using alts didnít circumvent anything. The old system allowed everyone to get involved too, but gave us a lot more freedom on how. The only ďcheesingĒ was using lockouts, and not everyone did that. So, as I said, YMMV. What was good for you and yours was horrible for me and mine.

So now that conquest has a ton of alt unfriendly restrictions are you winning a lot of planets now? Are the titles you won worth sacrificing a lot of other peopleís enjoyment? Are you still going to push for #1 once you have Galaxy Conquerer or is having your guild name on the planet enough motivation to keep winning since there is no other reward for winning?
Except it doesn't punish anyone who plays alts. You get the same list of activities as everyone else. Whether I play one character or 10 characters, I get the same list of activities and lock outs. Oh, Yes, I get it. You can't just log on and get easily capped with 15 characters and have to do a bit more work. You are already getting 15x the rewards that someone with one character would get if you put in the work. Nothing is really alt unfriendly about it. You put in more work if you want extra rewards. Think of it like a system like this.

The first tier is pretty easy to obtain and I get one encryption for the week say 10000 points. But i want more out of that week, so i aim for tier 2. Now tier 2 is triple the points (30000) but I get another encryption. But I need/want more, so I shoot higher, and that one is even more points (50000). Now, at the end of the week, I got 3 encryptions and it resets next week and starts over at tier one for only 10000 points. It's a time vs time scenario. Do I cram more this week to get things sooner or do I wait over a longer period of time to and just slowly build up by getting the easy rewards.

As for being conquest king and winning lots of planets? Oh yes, we certainly win lots of planets /s. We only barely make top 10 leaderboard and usually don't even do that. Everyone's enjoyment of the game is subjective. What your guild thinks is good for the game and what my guild thinks is good for the game is wholly different. The fact of the matter is what is FAIR to the game is that those who only want to play one character shouldn't be punished more for playing that way. Our active members who like to play only one char are already giving up extra rewards from other characters. I and some other guild members have gotten over 100k a week on a single character. But I'm punished because I didn't spread those points to other alts. In your words, I am being forced to play a certain way (playing alts). Is that fair? Because you choose to play multiple characters that you get 10x the rewards that others get? You want more rewards, you should have to work harder and making it harder to achieve for multiple characters is only fair. It's not like it's hard to get several capped with max stronghold bonus anyway.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
01.21.2019 , 07:03 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The same person can make 10000 posts claiming there is nothing wrong and arguing with everyone, that doesnít make them right or that 10000 people donít have a problem with the situation.

Works both ways.
It certainly CAN work both ways. Who is making 10000 posts claiming nothing is wrong? Or have you misinterpreted my posts?

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
01.21.2019 , 07:10 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Except when GC launched it was BiS right from the get go available to every lvl 70 subscriber doing pretty much anything. And the devs were very vocal that that was the intent, and it worked as intended. There was no wait period at all.
You must have missed the conversation. We have alresdy gone over that GC was not new CONTENT and that it was never a primary gearing system - per the devs.