Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any way to turn off the "effects" when fighting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is there any way to turn off the "effects" when fighting?

Pscyon
01.10.2018 , 08:34 AM | #11
The effects on ranged weapons for bounty hunter/trooper tends to annoy me, they completely envelop and hide the weapons. Especially now that the "stances" are gone anyway, I see little reason for them to even exist. The various effects for assassin/shadow on their lightsabers look terrible too. I suppose one could (and PvPers certainly would) argue that these visual cues can be important for opponents, so maybe a toggle to just remove them for the individual user would be reasonable.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

SteveTheCynic
01.10.2018 , 08:45 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
The various effects for assassin/shadow on their lightsabers look terrible too.
Oh God, that one effect for Infiltration Shadow where your hands glow and stuff, and then you go into stealth, and your hands *still* glow!
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
01.10.2018 , 10:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Other than asking the developers to put a setting for 'Disable Visual Queue Effects" there's not much else. Same with the audio queues like the Agent's giggle.
Well, if that would stop my toons from glowing like christmas trees in any fight that would do fine. Just throwing the suggestion out there. I'm sure I can't be the only person who doesn't like the effects.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
01.10.2018 , 10:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
The effects on ranged weapons for bounty hunter/trooper tends to annoy me, they completely envelop and hide the weapons. Especially now that the "stances" are gone anyway, I see little reason for them to even exist. The various effects for assassin/shadow on their lightsabers look terrible too. I suppose one could (and PvPers certainly would) argue that these visual cues can be important for opponents, so maybe a toggle to just remove them for the individual user would be reasonable.
GOD YES! The Merc one where your pistols just disappear beneath the glow ticks me off sooooooo hard. "What's that you say? You spent millions on awesome looking blasters so you could see your toon using them? Ok then lets totally hide them behind a crappy glowy effect!!" smh

I could see the effects being useful to have for PVPers and all but I'm sure there'd be a way to have it so it's on a player by player basis. Like if you turn the effects off they are off for YOU and nobody else. Even other players you meet in game you will be able to see their effects but not yours, and similarly they could still see your effects on their screen no matter what.

NightWolf_Killa
01.19.2019 , 05:59 PM | #15
We're trying to bring attention to this issue so that maybe the Devs will actually do something about it. The more people we can get on board the better. You can check out the suggestion post HERE. All help is appreciated!
|- The Jedi Covenant -| |- Star Forge -|
Click Me! I'm a Referral Link!

JediQuaker
01.20.2019 , 12:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NightWolf_Killa View Post
We're trying to bring attention to this issue so that maybe the Devs will actually do something about it. The more people we can get on board the better.
One very big thing you are overlooking - maybe most active players don't mind the effects and spending time trying change things would just take time away from bug-fixing and creating new content.

MadDutchman
01.20.2019 , 07:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
One very big thing you are overlooking - maybe most active players don't mind the effects and spending time trying change things would just take time away from bug-fixing and creating new content.
While there is probably some truth to this, something to keep in mind is this would be a very simple change to make.

This is a client only thing, there doesn't even need to be any server side interaction or anything, as it would only be hidden/shown for your eyes only.

If BW allow client modding this likely would have been done long ago.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.