Whats the best gear for heroics

Whats the best gear for doing heroics for adaptive armor such as enhancments , armouring , mods espically on higher lev planets such as alderon and hoth.

gear is gear, irregardless of what you are doing. are you at 65 yet? if not, then don't worry about it until you get there. if you are 65, then the crystal vendors on fleet are the best place to start your gearing. they have 3 grades of gear 212, 216, and 220 that they sell for the 3 grades of crystal. the next step up from this is token gear that drops from operations and hm fp drop 1 piece of 216 iirc. having said all that, heroics are the easiest group content in the game. you should be able to complete them solo and naked without difficulty. if you are having problems with them, look at your rotation and how you are using your defensive cooldowns and interrupts, knockbacks, stuns, etc. if you aren't using all your tools, you are not as effective as you could be.

Edited by sumquy

I;m assuming your starting from scratch (because higher level isn't really hoth or alderaan, lol), and don't have all the legacy perks and datacron stats; then the best gear is probably just orange gear with green crystal comms. That is the most cost effective. Then do the easy farmable heroics to get blue crates for better gear and slowly fill in the gaps. If you are soloing heroics, the best investment is to up your companions influence rank (getting them to 10 is a good middle ground), since them healing you is what's gonna keep you alive.

Ontop of that, learn a good rotation and stay ontop of your classes dots and procs.

Edited by DenariusJay

gear is gear, irregardless of what you are doing. are you at 65 yet? if not, then don't worry about it until you get there. if you are 65, then the crystal vendors on fleet are the best place to start your gearing. they have 3 grades of gear 212, 216, and 220 that they sell for the 3 grades of crystal. the next step up from this is token gear that drops from operations and hm fp drop 1 piece of 216 iirc. having said all that, heroics are the easiest group content in the game. you should be able to complete them solo and naked without difficulty. if you are having problems with them, look at your rotation and how you are using your defensive cooldowns and interrupts, knockbacks, stuns, etc. if you aren't using all your tools, you are not as effective as you could be.

Fussy point: the three ratings of crystal gear are 208, 216, and 220. 212 is the max trainer+RE-obtainable *crafted* gear.

And for low-level planetary heroics (like the Alderaan and Hoth ones the OP mentioned), level 60 green-crystal mods are fine (190-rated) and *much* cheaper (50 crystals for a full set versus approximately 40 per mod for 208s). For places like Ilum and Makeb, you may need something a bit more, perhaps, if your fighting technique is a bit weak. Given that it's feasible to run all of KotFE Chapters I to IX in 190 greens (FFS, you can start it at level 60 where 190s are the best you can easily get!), lowbie heroics won't be a problem for a 65 wearing that stuff.

If, OP, you want to get into harder group content, you'll want something stronger than 190s, but until then, those are fine.

Fussy point: the three ratings of crystal gear are 208, 216, and 220. 212 is the max trainer+RE-obtainable *crafted* gear..

i knew that, so am not sure why i wrote 212, but oh well. there is some funny stuff going on with the craftables though. i have schematics for 220 grade items that i know did not come from re token drops. i'm pretty sure they have something to do with conquest, since they require the purple mat that comes from that reward. honestly, i haven't even barely touched crafting since 4.0 dropped, but i remember re up from 216, and i believe i had to re up to 216 as well, i just forgot where i got the original schematic.

Edited by sumquy

Whats the best gear for doing heroics for adaptive armor such as enhancments , armouring , mods espically on higher lev planets such as alderon and hoth.

Something, anything, nothing....

Doesn't really matter what kind of gear you have, if any at all, if you're a) above the planet level so level sync gets you and b) know at least halfway what you're doing.

As mentioned already, it really doesn't matter in regards to gear. This game has become so easy over the last year due to the companion buff, then small nerf, it's all pretty much a cake walk now. In other words, wear what you want, as long as it's inline with your class profession, tank, healer or dps.

i knew that, so am not sure why i wrote 212, but oh well. there is some funny stuff going on with the craftables though. i have schematics for 220 grade items that i know did not come from re token drops. i'm pretty sure they have something to do with conquest, since they require the purple mat that comes from that reward. honestly, i haven't even barely touched crafting since 4.0 dropped, but i remember re up from 216, and i believe i had to re up to 216 as well, i just forgot where i got the original schematic.

That's because 212 is the highest you can learn from the trainers, and then you can re those twice up to 220s (216 first).

Another option is running PVP missions as you level. If you take your time then it's real easy doing weeklies to save up enough comms to get a whole set of 208 pvp gear when you hit 65, which despite being made for pvp is still more than enough for anything you'll face in solo, and will even see you through HM FPs if you and your group know your stuff.

If you are levelling using heroics and do not have any of the legacy gear that gives you extra XP from the DVL event then the best plan is to use the gear that drops from the heroics as you level. That gear has decent enough stats and you get relics and earpieces and implants as well as offhands and mainhands. You need to put a crystal into the mainhands and offhands etc though.