Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

bodhisattvasw

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhhhh!!! The actual crusade seems to be removing "premades" huh? Now I get it.

Pre-made groups do ruin the unranked PVP experience. If you want to group up then you should nut up, get 4 more, and join ranked, instead of roflstomping Recruits. Oh wait, you don't want to win a challenge you want a guaranteed win right? But regardless you seem to fail to see that you brought up pre-mades not me. I just responded to your comment in the appropriate manner.

*EDIT* I personally wouldn't have a problem with Pre-mades IF the WZ group sizes where bigger similar to the BGs in WOW. 1 Premade, or even 2 of them wouldn't create such a huge problem if the group consisted of 5+ groups on each side. But to say that in this game where 4 people grouped together are half the size of the WZ group, having worked together, and having communication other than chat, isn't OP is just rediculous.

Edited by SuperGrunt

I love the comments about back filling into a losing team!

Like it's the quitters fault their losing, erm I think the case is that the Team is losing because the majority of team doesn't know how to play, which is why you have quitters. People can only take so much.

The basic argument that quitters are destroying WZ is wrong, bad players is what destroys a WZ......

Here we go its the whole its everyone elses fault excuse, and it should give everyone to quit a warzone ticket.

I know you say you don't quit, but you sure think its gives a reason which to me don't get the big picture that quitting provides backfill and not to mention people just leave other people with a mess of a warzone.

That is called unsportsmanlike.

Quitting over other people means people don't have the spine and can't hack it in PvP, making excuses means no skill and no class.

Edited by Caeliux

Pre-made groups do ruin the unranked PVP experience. If you want to group up then you should nut up, get 4 more, and join ranked, instead of roflstomping Recruits. Oh wait, you don't want to win a challenge you want a guaranteed win right? But regardless you seem to fail to see that you brought up pre-mades not me. I just responded to your comment in the appropriate manner.

Bad players ruin the unranked experience, not premades. My main is a Commando dude, I don't roflstomp anything.

I'd rather have whiners quit, without any penalty, than to ruin the experience for everyone by sabotaging a match.

No. There needs to be some kind of consequence for leaving a WZ. I am a father of three, and I wouldn't care about a debuff if my family needed me. Other games have these debuffs, WOW, RIFT, heck just about every other MMO has these debuffs. If you leave a PVP match early then you are gimping your team and therefore need to have some kind of consequence for that action. 'Nuff said.

Of course you wouldn't care about the debuff if your family needed you. Anyone who would care is probably suffering from gaming addiction.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local/gaming-addiction-can-tear-families-apart/nNGCh/

Neither would I. But if the debuff was half an hour or an hour or longer, just because my family needed a couple minutes of my time, I would not care to the point that I wouldn't bother doing warzones. And then I would stop subscribing, since being able to do more than 3 warzones a week is the sole point of my subscription. And then Bioware wouldn't see any more money from me. I could go back to another game with big open map PvP and no debuffs what-so-ever if you go AFK, log out, or only play with one hand because the other is holding the phone.

Any debuff longer than about 5 minutes *tops* (but preferably closer to one or two minutes) would only serve to encourage the sort of addictive behavior that causes some families to tear apart over gaming, and will lose Bioware business from non-addicted family people.

Hey Gang,

All of that being said, I do think the Civil War Warzone specifically has some issues that really shines a bright light on reasons people would leave. Inherently, CW is the Warzone that has the hardest time for a team to come from behind and that leads to a higher percentage of players to give up once they feel like the game is lost (and that feeling can occur very early into a game). My team and I are working to try to come with some solutions to this CW issue specifically, to see if we can improve the general Warzone itself and fight some of this problem at the root cause instead of the effect.

I havent been more excited about a dev post in a while. I cant wait to see what yall come up with. removal of the side speeders would probably be a good band-aid, and at least make it different for a bit, but I dont think it would work as a permanent solution on its own.

Edited by ForsakenKing

Bad players ruin the unranked experience, not premades. My main is a Commando dude, I don't roflstomp anything.

I'd rather have whiners quit, without any penalty, than to ruin the experience for everyone by sabotaging a match.

Of course, b/c you stated in one of your prior posts that you are one of those quitters.

If you can't understand that a group that is more coordinated is not stronger and at a great advantage over a group of PUGs. Seriously think that logic through. Half the group (if not more) on voice chat, and able to easier strategize is going to win. If you are in a Pre-made, then you are the cause of PUGs losing and leaving.

Of course, b/c you stated in one of your prior posts that you are one of those quitters.

If you can't understand that a group that is more coordinated is not stronger and at a great advantage over a group of PUGs. Seriously think that logic through. Half the group (if not more) on voice chat, and able to easier strategize is going to win. If you are in a Pre-made, then you are the cause of PUGs losing and leaving.

Wait, what? First you say a few minutes debuff (5 tops) isn't sufficient penalty for taking care of one's children, and now you blame pre-mades for people's lack of resolve? Inconsistent much? Or leaving because you can't stand to lose is fine, but taking care of one's kids is not?

If you're facing a pre-made on Ventrilo or whatever, consider it a lesson learned on why you should make your own pre-made with Ventrilo or whatever. Observe their tactics. Learn from the best. Or, you know, don't, if you don't want to, but don't expect to improve, and don't expect kinder treatment than those who are willing to take on pre-mades just so long as their kids aren't yelling for help.

Of course you wouldn't care about the debuff if your family needed you. Anyone who would care is probably suffering from gaming addiction.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local/gaming-addiction-can-tear-families-apart/nNGCh/

Neither would I. But if the debuff was half an hour or an hour or longer, just because my family needed a couple minutes of my time, I would not care to the point that I wouldn't bother doing warzones. And then I would stop subscribing, since being able to do more than 3 warzones a week is the sole point of my subscription. And then Bioware wouldn't see any more money from me. I could go back to another game with big open map PvP and no debuffs what-so-ever if you go AFK, log out, or only play with one hand because the other is holding the phone.

Any debuff longer than about 5 minutes *tops* (but preferably closer to one or two minutes) would only serve to encourage the sort of addictive behavior that causes some families to tear apart over gaming, and will lose Bioware business from non-addicted family people.

Don't bring this "game addiction" fallacy into the discussion. You don't inject the game into your arm, or drink it, or smoke it. You play it, just like you watch TV. Are you going to claim that watching TV is an addiction too next?

It needs to have a 30 minute length to have any meaning. If you feel that is too long, than maybe you should schedule you game/WZ playing to be a time where you won't be disturbed. I do this already. When I come home from School, I finish my homework if I have any, then I spend some time playing, after that I spend time with my kids, and later on I will play some more when they are getting ready for bed. Granted I do have a co-operative co-parent but if you have family needs then you should see to those first before sitting down to play a game when you are the only adult at home, and no that isn't a game addiction that is irresponsibility.

Wait, what? First you say a few minutes debuff (5 tops) isn't sufficient penalty for taking care of one's children, and now you blame pre-mades for people's lack of resolve? Inconsistent much? Or leaving because you can't stand to lose is fine, but taking care of one's kids is not?

If you're facing a pre-made on Ventrilo or whatever, consider it a lesson learned on why you should make your own pre-made with Ventrilo or whatever. Observe their tactics. Learn from the best. Or, you know, don't, if you don't want to, but don't expect to improve, and don't expect kinder treatment than those who are willing to take on pre-mades just so long as their kids aren't yelling for help.

Actually I didn't post any amount of time prior to your post, as a matter of fact the first one where I mention a time was the post after yours, thanks for reading my mind, now stay out of it.

You aren't the "best" because you need a Pre-made with voice chat to ROFLstomp some pugs in Recruit armor, then you are just a loser who can't win without some kind of an advantage. I have been in plenty of PUG WZs (which I always solo queue for) where we (not gonna lie sometimes it was in no small part due to me) won against all odds. But to say that because some people are exploiting the lack of insight on the part of the dev team to not allow such a huge communication & coordination disparity to exist which grants one side such a huge advantage, and an almost certain win, means that I should also exploit said lack of insight is as intelligent as saying that because it's in the game means that it is ok to do.

But regardless you are taking this thread off track by trying to argue with me about Pre-mades. So please stop doing so and get back on topic.

Don't bring this "game addiction" fallacy into the discussion. You don't inject the game into your arm, or drink it, or smoke it. You play it, just like you watch TV. Are you going to claim that watching TV is an addiction too next?

It needs to have a 30 minute length to have any meaning. If you feel that is too long, than maybe you should schedule you game/WZ playing to be a time where you won't be disturbed. I do this already. When I come home from School, I finish my homework if I have any, then I spend some time playing, after that I spend time with my kids, and later on I will play some more when they are getting ready for bed. Granted I do have a co-operative co-parent but if you have family needs then you should see to those first before sitting down to play a game when you are the only adult at home, and no that isn't a game addiction that is irresponsibility.

Just because it isn't a chemical addiction doesn't mean it can't be addictive in a habit-forming way. Gambling doesn't involve chemicals, but who hasn't heard stories of people who lost everything and drove their family into backruptcy because they didn't know when to stop? Gaming can also be addictive, and my recommendation to anyone who thinks they may be suffering from it is to quit cold turkey. Not that they'll likely listen to me until they realize it for themselves.

30 minutes gives it too much meaning to someone who may be on the verge of addiction, and would make it pointless for people who take their families seriously to even bother joining the queue. Not everyone has times when there is no chance of being disturbed. Some kids are too young to go to school; other times, it's not even a kid, but an elderly or disabled family member. Even if you play at 2 AM in the morning, you can still get interrupted by kids with nightmares or middle of the night medical problems.

Bioware needs to cater to a diverse customer base, including those with lives outside the internet, and not pander to people who can't stand to lose because some stranger on the internet had to take care of family matters. If losing bothers you so much, make a full pre-made full of people who meet your standards. If you don't make a pre-made, it's your own fault you got grouped with random unknown people who aren't as good or reliable as you want them to be. But let people just queuing solo enjoy their casual fun.

Just because it isn't a chemical addiction doesn't mean it can't be addictive in a habit-forming way. Gambling doesn't involve chemicals, but who hasn't heard stories of people who lost everything and drove their family into backruptcy because they didn't know when to stop? Gaming can also be addictive, and my recommendation to anyone who thinks they may be suffering from it is to quit cold turkey. Not that they'll likely listen to me until they realize it for themselves.

30 minutes gives it too much meaning to someone who may be on the verge of addiction, and would make it pointless for people who take their families seriously to even bother joining the queue. Not everyone has times when there is no chance of being disturbed. Some kids are too young to go to school; other times, it's not even a kid, but an elderly or disabled family member. Even if you play at 2 AM in the morning, you can still get interrupted by kids with nightmares or middle of the night medical problems.

Bioware needs to cater to a diverse customer base, including those with lives outside the internet, and not pander to people who can't stand to lose because some stranger on the internet had to take care of family matters. If losing bothers you so much, make a full pre-made full of people who meet your standards. If you don't make a pre-made, it's your own fault you got grouped with random unknown people who aren't as good or reliable as you want them to be. But let people just queuing solo enjoy their casual fun.

Listen the debuff wouldn't prevent you from playing the darn game, only prevent you from queueing for another WZ. It's a standard in other games, with bigger PVP teams, why is it such a hard concept here where the disparity of one person leaving is so detrimental?

If you are so set that this 30 minutes debuff from queueing for one small aspect of this game would be so detrimental to you, then maybe you are the one who should consider stopping cold turkey because it's not that big a deal to find something else to do for 30 minutes. As I stated in an earlier post, it should start counting down immediately.

Hey Gang,

I would just like to pop in here and offer some of our perspective on this topic. A lot of good points on both sides have been thrown around here, and extending our current vote kick penalty (or something similar to it) to players who opt to leave the Warzone is definitely something that we discuss. However, at this time we feel like the negative consequences of putting in such a system (such as hurting players who crash out of a Warzone) don't overcome the potential gain. With healthy Warzone queues, players will backfill into a game relatively quickly (side note: we are receptive to the complaints that you can get back filled into a really terrible position, that is something I want to try to address), and even if we prevented people from requeueing that doesn't necessarily stop them from leaving or going AFK at a point.

All of that being said, I do think the Civil War Warzone specifically has some issues that really shines a bright light on reasons people would leave. Inherently, CW is the Warzone that has the hardest time for a team to come from behind and that leads to a higher percentage of players to give up once they feel like the game is lost (and that feeling can occur very early into a game). My team and I are working to try to come with some solutions to this CW issue specifically, to see if we can improve the general Warzone itself and fight some of this problem at the root cause instead of the effect.

Why should puggers that solo queued stick around in a match where they are being pounded by a full premade, and then still get punished by a WZ cd timer!

lmfao.

'Hey, you didnt stick around to be fully raped, have a penalty'.

The chances of winning against a co-ordinated team are as low as coming back in a ACW match!

Edited by Ycoga

Why should puggers that solo queued stick around in a match where they are being pounded by a full premade, and then still get punished by a WZ cd timer!

lmfao.

'Hey, you didnt stick around to be fully raped, have a penalty'.

Exactly why I say that groups shouldn't be included in the same queue as PUGs at all. But still running into a Pre-made isn't a 100% chance to lose. It is a much greater % though then would otherwise be possible, but still a good skilled team that plays smart can over come a Pre-made.

Actually I didn't post any amount of time prior to your post, as a matter of fact the first one where I mention a time was the post after yours, thanks for reading my mind, now stay out of it.

You aren't the "best" because you need a Pre-made with voice chat to ROFLstomp some pugs in Recruit armor, then you are just a loser who can't win without some kind of an advantage. I have been in plenty of PUG WZs (which I always solo queue for) where we (not gonna lie sometimes it was in no small part due to me) won against all odds. But to say that because some people are exploiting the lack of insight on the part of the dev team to not allow such a huge communication & coordination disparity to exist which grants one side such a huge advantage, and an almost certain win, means that I should also exploit said lack of insight is as intelligent as saying that because it's in the game means that it is ok to do.

But regardless you are taking this thread off track by trying to argue with me about Pre-mades. So please stop doing so and get back on topic.

If discussing pre-mades is off-topic, then you were already off-topic when you were complaining about how it was pre-mades fault people were quitting.

Pre-mades often are better. Certainly the ones inspiring people to rage quit must be. Yes, they can achieve a level of coordination over voice chat that is very difficult to achieve with just text. That's half the point right there. And pre-mades don't always just zerg greenies. Zerging is fun, but a pre-made versus a pre-made is a beautiful thing. Protecting your healers, focus firing enemy healers, switching targets together as a team to throw the enemy healers off balance and react to cooldowns, not having to wonder where some random person is dying and needs help because they can just tell you over the microphone without having to stop fighting. And the tactical discussions, trying to guess what the opposing pre-made is thinking, wondering if they can guess what you are thinking. It's truly fantastic.

If anything, Bioware should implement in-game voice so more people can get to experience this. Or, you know, even if no one has a Ventrilo server or anything, you could just use Skype. It's not the best, but it's free, and it still beats typing.

And I would say it is in fact definitely on-topic. Rather than complaining ad nauseam about how other people aren't good enough for you, how dare they join a warzone queue while they have kids in the house, you should just make your own premade of people who live up to your standards of reliability. Doesn't even have to have voicechat. Your premade, your rules, people who don't like them are free to leave your premade and queue solo or start/join some other premade. That's the difference between complaining about how other people are ruining your game, and taking responsibility for enjoying your game the way you want to.

Exactly why I say that groups shouldn't be included in the same queue as PUGs at all. But still running into a Pre-made isn't a 100% chance to lose. It is a much greater % though then would otherwise be possible, but still a good skilled team that plays smart can over come a Pre-made.

Who would be stupid enough to say that there's a 100% loss chance when facing a premade? That is so not the point here.

What are the odds of a bunch of puggers defeating a full premade? Low. That's the point.

Listen the debuff wouldn't prevent you from playing the darn game, only prevent you from queueing for another WZ. It's a standard in other games, with bigger PVP teams, why is it such a hard concept here where the disparity of one person leaving is so detrimental?

If you are so set that this 30 minutes debuff from queueing for one small aspect of this game would be so detrimental to you, then maybe you are the one who should consider stopping cold turkey because it's not that big a deal to find something else to do for 30 minutes. As I stated in an earlier post, it should start counting down immediately.

Of course there's a disparity when someone leaves to take care of kids or whatever, but that's just how life goes. If you choose not to make a pre-made, it's your own fault you got grouped with them. You asked Bioware to pick your teammates for you, because you couldn't be bothered to do it yourself, and, graciously, they did. Don't like it? The answer is simple: make your own pre-made.

Of course it's not hard to find something else to do for 30 minutes, and keep doing for hours, and not re-join the warzone queue at all. It would however be a waste of my subscription fee, if I find myself not playing this game hardly ever because I went to play another game that doesn't penalize people who have real lives (and even has built-in voicechat), and decided not to come back to this one after the debuff was over.

If discussing pre-mades is off-topic, then you were already off-topic when you were complaining about how it was pre-mades fault people were quitting.

Pre-mades often are better. Certainly the ones inspiring people to rage quit must be. Yes, they can achieve a level of coordination over voice chat that is very difficult to achieve with just text. That's half the point right there. And pre-mades don't always just zerg greenies. Zerging is fun, but a pre-made versus a pre-made is a beautiful thing. Protecting your healers, focus firing enemy healers, switching targets together as a team to throw the enemy healers off balance and react to cooldowns, not having to wonder where some random person is dying and needs help because they can just tell you over the microphone without having to stop fighting. And the tactical discussions, trying to guess what the opposing pre-made is thinking, wondering if they can guess what you are thinking. It's truly fantastic.

If anything, Bioware should implement in-game voice so more people can get to experience this. Or, you know, even if no one has a Ventrilo server or anything, you could just use Skype. It's not the best, but it's free, and it still beats typing.

And I would say it is in fact definitely on-topic. Rather than complaining ad nauseam about how other people aren't good enough for you, how dare they join a warzone queue while they have kids in the house, you should just make your own premade of people who live up to your standards of reliability. Doesn't even have to have voicechat. Your premade, your rules, people who don't like them are free to leave your premade and queue solo or start/join some other premade. That's the difference between complaining about how other people are ruining your game, and taking responsibility for enjoying your game the way you want to.

Actually I wasn't the one who brought Pre-mades into this discussion, and I shut him up by pointing out that fact to him. Yet you continue to go on about it.

Point of the matter is that if you want to go up against pre-mades then you wouldn't be in unranked PVP ROFLstomping PUGs in Recruit Armor. You would nut up get a 8 man group and go ranked. My ideas to improve WZs are as follows.

1. Pre-made groups in WH/EWH have no business in PUG WZs. If you want to group up, there is a queue for that, it's called Ranked WZs, get a bigger group, grow a pair and earn your victory, or accept your defeat.

2. Ranked WZs need to be able to have smaller groups so that people that can only get a 4 man group together have something that they can do other than Solo Queue for unranked WZs.

3. Leaving ANY group content for ANY reason that is not due to other people kicking you should result in you being prevented from doing that same activity for a period of time. I personally feel that 30 minutes is reasonable, if you don't then obviously the Dev team would take both opinions into consideration, and get more feedback than just ours, and make a decision, that we would both have to deal with, and likely neither one of us would be happy with.

4. People that join an WZ or FP or Ops in-progress should get some added incentive for joining it, and should also know before hand that they are joining it in-progress.

5. People complaining that if such and such happens they are leaving, in my opinion just need to leave. That is childish and not progressing the discussion.

I feel that all of these would help to alleviate the Quitter epidemic that we have, but at least 2 of them are really not on topic for this thread.

At the end of the day, it's not Bioware's responsibility to tell people how they should or should not play, or fail to play, in a PvP zone, so long as it's within the terms of service. Telling people what to do is the responsibility of the raid leader, and only in so far as people agree to be told what to do. In another game with open world PvP (albeit restricted to one region), anyone can come in solo, or can optionally choose to group up. A group/raid can be anywhere from 2 to 24 people. If you join a group/raid, you are expected to either go along with the leader or leave the group; however, if you are solo, you can do or not do pretty much anything you want so long as it it's technically within the terms of service. Anything posted on public channels is a suggestion, nothing more. The owners of the game do not impose penalties on people who go AFK or rage-log; some of the group/raid leaders do. But all that means is you won't get an invite to that group. You are still free to log in, solo, join a different group, or make your own.

The Ops leader as designated by Bioware isn't really a real leader in the same way a pre-made leader is. It's a title letting people know you've been PvPing on that character long enough that you are hopefully able to make good suggestions, but people queued solo and are in no way obliged to follow your instructions, and you can't actually kick them if they fail to. The leader of a pre-made can make meaningful rules, and between matches, people who don't like them can leave the pre-made, or the leader can kick them.

The solution is not for Bioware to come up with an answer to something that ought to be taken care of by the leaders of pre-mades, just because soloers are complaining about other soloers rather than taking responsibility and choosing their own teammates.

Soloing is of course ideal for people with families who can't make the commitment that might be required by many pre-mades. And it should stay that way, without Bioware trying to make any rules that should be left to the pre-made leaders.

This is why there should not be a quitter debuff.....http://imgur.com/6fHBMxL

/endthread

LOL. No that's why you should be able to Vote to Kick someone at the start of a match with cause. Also it would be better to tell him to go get his gear fixed, and ask him to leave, or be able to remove him than to quit just because of one person.

Serious? This game has been out this long and they haven't bothered to add a CD for quitters? Even Rift has a 30 minute quitters penalty.

Last warzone we cycled through AT LEAST 9 different people, and there was simply no way to win without the team we started with. We were winning, but so many cycled, we ended up losing. There simply has to be a penalty for that nonsense in the game.. It's remarkable this hasn't already been done.

If they had a warzone quiters debuff, then there wouldn't be any pvp in the game. lol

At the end of the day, it's not Bioware's responsibility to tell people how they should or should not play, or fail to play, in a PvP zone, so long as it's within the terms of service. Telling people what to do is the responsibility of the raid leader, and only in so far as people agree to be told what to do. In another game with open world PvP (albeit restricted to one region), anyone can come in solo, or can optionally choose to group up. A group/raid can be anywhere from 2 to 24 people. If you join a group/raid, you are expected to either go along with the leader or leave the group; however, if you are solo, you can do or not do pretty much anything you want so long as it it's technically within the terms of service. Anything posted on public channels is a suggestion, nothing more. The owners of the game do not impose penalties on people who go AFK or rage-log; some of the group/raid leaders do. But all that means is you won't get an invite to that group. You are still free to log in, solo, join a different group, or make your own.

The Ops leader as designated by Bioware isn't really a real leader in the same way a pre-made leader is. It's a title letting people know you've been PvPing on that character long enough that you are hopefully able to make good suggestions, but people queued solo and are in no way obliged to follow your instructions, and you can't actually kick them if they fail to. The leader of a pre-made can make meaningful rules, and between matches, people who don't like them can leave the pre-made, or the leader can kick them.

The solution is not for Bioware to come up with an answer to something that ought to be taken care of by the leaders of pre-mades, just because soloers are complaining about other soloers rather than taking responsibility and choosing their own teammates.

Soloing is of course ideal for people with families who can't make the commitment that might be required by many pre-mades. And it should stay that way, without Bioware trying to make any rules that should be left to the pre-made leaders.

Adding a debuff where you would be prevented from joining a WZ again for X minutes would not be anyone telling you what to, or not to do. It would simply be adding some consequence for you rage quitting a WZ. As I said in a earlier post in another MMO with larger groups where this wouldn't be such a problem there is still a debuff for leaving a PVP match, as is there in most other MMOs.

With the small size of groups in WZs in this game, 1 person leaving can swing a winning WZ into a losing WZ.

The problem here though isn't the rare, "Oh crap family aggro I gotta go," moments. I don't complain when I back fill a winning WZ. It's the "Oh well, we're losing, and I feel entitled to win, BYE!" ones that are the problem. You aren't entitled to anything other than life liberty and the pursuit of happiness in the US. You winning a WZ would be the end goal of that pursuit of happiness, but notice I said pursuit, not happiness. Winning a WZ might be happiness, but happiness isn't the right we where promised, it's the pursuit of happiness. Meaning you have to work for that happiness.

LOL. No that's why you should be able to Vote to Kick someone at the start of a match with cause. Also it would be better to tell him to go get his gear fixed, and ask him to leave, or be able to remove him than to quit just because of one person.

At least quitting is taking more responsibility for your own desire to not play with an undergeared player than just kicking them out of a group you didn't even bother to create yourself. Yes, suggesting he go fix his gear and come back later would probably be more productive than just quitting, but if he's determined to challenge himself by trying to fight undergeared, there's not really much you can do about it, nor should be able to do about it, other than quit and/or stop letting Bioware pick your teammates and make a pre-made with a minimum gear requirement. Although one would hope someone who wants to challenge themselves being undergeared would test it out in duels rather than warzones, and you could tell them as much. However, being undergeared isn't technically against the terms of service, nor should it be.

What they should implement most urgently, in my opinion, is if a certain amount of people have quit a warzone stop backfilling and end it right there. There is no point in playing it to the end anyway in this scenario, so everyone can move on to the next one and hope for better luck there