Is there an updated Shield Tech guide for 6.2? (pvp only if possible)

RaithHarth

Well I may not be the super pro PVP'er but I think I can tell you how to make PT tank work at least in regs

Superheated Fuel tactical is a must in any PVP match except for Huttball, there you can use Neural Trigger or Second Contract for maximum trolling/objective-based play.

Meteor Brawler set will give you the best burst but have in mind that people know how to work around Firefall, so Right Price is a safer bet. I don't have Dxun locked sets but I think that Veteran Ranger could be the best PT tank set for PVP since it buffs your single target burst and gives you some nice heals if you choose Shield Cannon utility.

Relics are up to you, run red relics for more DPS, blue relics for more survivability, but don't use relics that increase your defense rating, they are useless in PVP, Shield Matrix and Reactive Warding are good ones, I mean of course 12500 Absorb shield every 40 sec is meh but at least it works for every type of damage. Primeval Fatesealer relic can be used to get the most of your burst window, I'm not sure if it's worth it, but it's kind of fun.

Stats are pretty much obvious, get yourself an Alacrity cap (1260 or something) and the rest goes to Crit. You may want to put something to your Shield Rating, but do that only with Shield Matrix relics and Shield augments. Your combat amplifiers should be Tech Wizardry.

Utilities you should consider choosing are

Skillful: Iron will, Engulfing Flames, Suppressive Tools, Gyroscopic Alignment Jets;

Masterful: Pyro Shield, Mutilating Shards, Hitman, Efficient Suit;

Heroic: Overdrive, Shield Cannon, Torque Boosters.

Since PT tank is not really a melee spec nor is it ranged it is crucial to be at a "right" distance from your target: Going face to face with a fully melee class in 4m distance will get you killed, and your Firestorm won't hit anything if you stand too close to the enemy. Try to fight melee specs at the open ground so you can kite them while doing damage, and lure ranged classes to closed spaces so they have no way to run. Always try to hit more than 1 enemy with your attacks but don't just jet charge into the enemy teams, Powertechs are always the first targets regardless of the spec, so sometimes it's much better to use Grapple instead.

Guide: Make a juggernaut. Grit Teeth has made tanking jugg so powerful in PVP that the other two really aren't worth using at all anymore. Only thing assassin does better is troll in huttball and powertech doesn't do anything better at all.

Guide: Make a juggernaut. Grit Teeth has made tanking jugg so powerful in PVP that the other two really aren't worth using at all anymore. Only thing assassin does better is troll in huttball and powertech doesn't do anything better at all.

Well, to be fair PT has the best initial burst, you can easily do 250k damage on 1 target during exposive fuel (I did like 270k on a dummy in 15 seconds with Right Price + Superheated fuel), but rarely you will face someone that stupid who won’t start kiting/reflecting that damage, or just popping their DCD’s when they see your EF buff in a real PVP match, plus Firestorm, your hardest hitting ability can be avoided completely, and it’s not even hard to do that, simple strafe/roll/force speed when you get that big *** fire icon above your head, and even if they are standing still you can miss because of lag, Neural Trigger tactical fixes that issue, but you lose so much DPS that you get killed first anyway.

So yeh, if you want to be a tank in PVP just play Jugg. And if you still want to play PT tank don’t q ranked, that will save you a lot of nerves. You can still perform in regs but you will never perform above average, no matter how good you know the class, the lower skilled players running meta will always eventually kill you and your desire to bother with PVP on Shield Tech spec