Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience

CloneTrooperJedi's Avatar


CloneTrooperJedi
04.28.2013 , 09:54 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
We need different WZs. The 3 defend this, defend that, WZs are simply boring, annoying, absolutely no fun. BW needs to develop less stun, heal, interrupt, based WZS. I understand they try to cater PvP reject in a desperate effort to increase subs but this is rock bottom. PvP should be fun not frustration.
You sound like a PvP reject. QQing about heals and stuns, really? XD

KillaDeuce's Avatar


KillaDeuce
04.28.2013 , 06:35 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by CloneTrooperJedi View Post
You sound like a PvP reject. QQing about heals and stuns, really? XD
I appreciate the bump, but please keep it civil.
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

DiscipleXIII's Avatar


DiscipleXIII
04.28.2013 , 07:17 PM | #33
How about adding something about not having 4 people try to cap at the same time on a Voidstar door instead of using their cc's... I love that.
Beardedman- Assassin (Madness) - Worst assassin on the Shadowlands server
Slenderfett- Powertech (Pyro) -"You will realize what an idiot you are."
<The Sith Legacy>, Shadowlands server

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.28.2013 , 07:25 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DiscipleXIII View Post
How about adding something about not having 4 people try to cap at the same time on a Voidstar door instead of using their cc's... I love that.
Actually if you don't see any enemy around then you should all cap because the more person capping at the same time the much harder it is for any stealth defender to stop you without revealing himself. A very common mistake is when you see an appraently unguarded node and one guy cap while 3 guys tries to look for the stealther, who probably popped Blackout already and will easily elude those 3 guys and just sap the one guy you've capping, thus delaying you. If you all cap, he can only sap one guy at a time, and will be forced to reveal himself very quickly since he'll white bar everyone very shortly, and this also means his usual CC tricks are useless once he reveals himself due to everyone being white barred.

Now if you can see any enemy around then yeah, leave one guy to cap while the rest deal with the enemy either by killing them or CCing them.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
04.28.2013 , 08:38 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Actually if you don't see any enemy around then you should all cap because the more person capping at the same time the much harder it is for any stealth defender to stop you without revealing himself. A very common mistake is when you see an appraently unguarded node and one guy cap while 3 guys tries to look for the stealther, who probably popped Blackout already and will easily elude those 3 guys and just sap the one guy you've capping, thus delaying you. If you all cap, he can only sap one guy at a time, and will be forced to reveal himself very quickly since he'll white bar everyone very shortly, and this also means his usual CC tricks are useless once he reveals himself due to everyone being white barred.

Now if you can see any enemy around then yeah, leave one guy to cap while the rest deal with the enemy either by killing them or CCing them.
every class has some kind of aoe to stop that kind of group cap, even stealth classes.

one person should cap. i especially despise players who will run up when i am 50-75% done capping, start capping themselves, and then an enemy (WHO THEY COULD HAVE CC'D!) shows up and stops us both.

bads make me sad
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.28.2013 , 08:49 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
every class has some kind of aoe to stop that kind of group cap, even stealth classes.

one person should cap. i especially despise players who will run up when i am 50-75% done capping, start capping themselves, and then an enemy (WHO THEY COULD HAVE CC'D!) shows up and stops us both.

bads make me sad
I said 'apparently unguarded node', which means there's really a stealther around. I mean if you can see someone running toward the node that's not 'apparently unguarded' anymore and whoever is running toward the node should be dealt with.

If you have one guy cap the stealth guy pops Blackout and unless you simply guess exactly right where he is with an AE, whoever you cap gets sapped and you get delayed at least 20 seconds because the guy who is capping can be sapped twice (16s) plus the time it takes to kill the stealther and then finish capping.

Of course the stealth guy have an AE to stop that a group cap. That's fine. You want him to reveal himself rather than trying to find a guy with Blackout. Once you see him, of course you should only have at most 1 guy capping if not 0. But if you see no defenders, just have everyone cap, because there really is almost always a stealth defender and this is the fastest way to force him to come out of stealth.

KillaDeuce's Avatar


KillaDeuce
04.28.2013 , 09:32 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by DiscipleXIII View Post
How about adding something about not having 4 people try to cap at the same time on a Voidstar door instead of using their cc's... I love that.
I want to add this one in.


My opinion would be no more then two people on the door. But if there is only two of you. Then yeah one ready for CC and one cap.


Anyone have any other opinions on the matter? Remember not to detailed. Just a general plan that works most of the time.
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.28.2013 , 10:12 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
I want to add this one in.


My opinion would be no more then two people on the door. But if there is only two of you. Then yeah one ready for CC and one cap.


Anyone have any other opinions on the matter? Remember not to detailed. Just a general plan that works most of the time.
In Voidstar your primary concern on capping are the respawning defenders, not the stealth guy. The design of Voidstar favors offense (offense has no respawn timer) so it's very unlikely a stealth defender can afford to simply sit out of the fight near the door.

If you're talking about any other map, as soon as you clear the defenders you should have everyone cap because this is the most effective way to deal with any stealth defenders that you failed to find. By clear I mean you don't see any red names anywhere. If you can see people coming this way, they need to be delayed somehow.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
04.28.2013 , 10:22 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
I want to add this one in.


My opinion would be no more then two people on the door. But if there is only two of you. Then yeah one ready for CC and one cap.


Anyone have any other opinions on the matter? Remember not to detailed. Just a general plan that works most of the time.
you want a plan for capping that works in all situations?

the first guy to start capping caps. everyone else focuses on keeping enemies away from him. its not rocket science.....
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

KillaDeuce's Avatar


KillaDeuce
04.29.2013 , 08:05 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
you want a plan for capping that works in all situations?

the first guy to start capping caps. everyone else focuses on keeping enemies away from him. its not rocket science.....
Sounds good, will edit it in later tonight.
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion