Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.10.2017 , 08:26 AM | #2051
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
If you want to keep people playing this MMO, you need to bring people together. I've had some character names since 2012 but who cares about a name when there's no point in logging in because there's nobody to play with.

  • Regarding legacy cargo hold: just dump any overflow into mail and let players figure it out.
  • Strongholds/guild ships? Thrill of the redecoration?
  • Conquests? Let people join the mega guilds if the achievements mean that much to them. That's how it's always been anyway.
  • Currency caps are character-based. I don't see why that's an issue. Edits: I was just thinking credits. Still seems a minor issue.
  • You deal with merging legacies already.
  • Total character number? Keep a second server for all the accounts/characters that haven't logged in in 3+ years. That would probably lower your data storage by 99% on the active server (hyperbole to emphasize the game population is dying).
For you a minor issue, for others not so and thankfully BW agrees that it is not a minor issue so they are working on solving this problem before they even say merger.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
08.10.2017 , 08:31 AM | #2052
Quote: Originally Posted by FerkWork View Post
Please go solo player you won't be affected at all so your opinion doesn't matter so again don't like people don't play MMOs. So Bye Bye
Please tell me a solo star wars that offers anywhere near as much story as this game does and I will gladly leave you to your mmo.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

fushnchips's Avatar


fushnchips
08.10.2017 , 01:31 PM | #2053
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
Please tell me a solo star wars that offers anywhere near as much story as this game does and I will gladly leave you to your mmo.
Super Star Wars on the SNES
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

xmarcusprimex's Avatar


xmarcusprimex
08.10.2017 , 01:55 PM | #2054
If they merge servers, they might want to look into doubling the amount of characters you can have unlocked on an account. Ive go a full server's load on my home server, and several on other servers. A merge would be a bit catastrophic if they don't up the character limit.

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
08.10.2017 , 05:04 PM | #2055
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
If you want to keep people playing this MMO, you need to bring people together. I've had some character names since 2012 but who cares about a name when there's no point in logging in because there's nobody to play with.

  • Regarding legacy cargo hold: just dump any overflow into mail and let players figure it out.
  • Strongholds/guild ships? Thrill of the redecoration?
  • Conquests? Let people join the mega guilds if the achievements mean that much to them. That's how it's always been anyway.
  • Currency caps are character-based. I don't see why that's an issue. Edits: I was just thinking credits. Still seems a minor issue.
  • You deal with merging legacies already.
  • Total character number? Keep a second server for all the accounts/characters that haven't logged in in 3+ years. That would probably lower your data storage by 99% on the active server (hyperbole to emphasize the game population is dying).
Overflow... I have over 2,000 items in stock. Certainly would not find it funny to manage that through the mail box
Strongholds... do you even have any idea of how much time it takes to properly decorate those?
Character number... moving off non-active characters is a no go
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
08.10.2017 , 11:33 PM | #2056
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
For you a minor issue, for others not so and thankfully BW agrees that it is not a minor issue so they are working on solving this problem before they even say merger.
BW agrees to a lot of bs in an impossible attempt and effort to please anyone and their grandma, even the most irrelevant and selfish interest groups in the big picture regarding the overall health of the game and its future, while the game declines into meaninglessness.
And that for a long time now and it's maybe even too late after these 2 years of unmatched ignorance and incompetence shown by Bioware. It's time for immediate action now, better yesterday than today, instead of absurd tries to please any moron, may it be people who have thrown away or sold gear for their apperance slots or whatever other similar personal inflicted issues.

The only things they need to make sure are solved and transfered and still existant afterwards is the status quo of the actually existing stuff now, gear, strongholds including placed deco, cargos, etc., both personal and guild. And they need to figure out the issue with the character limit for the supernerds who have two digits of characters in the higher range. And some solution for names, guild and personal.
But it's impossible and not needed to please anyone, especially those who made obvious personal mistakes in the past and for instance got rid of stuff for their designer slots and similar things. This game is at stake and not ANY personal absurd concern should be considered. Regarding some totally absurd stuff you read here in this thread you can just shake your head in disbelief and question what the f... is wrong with people.

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
08.11.2017 , 03:14 AM | #2057
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Super Star Wars on the SNES
I was hoping for something a little less retro.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
08.11.2017 , 04:42 PM | #2058
Quote: Originally Posted by jedi_riches View Post
i was hoping for something a little less retro.
star wars: The force unleashed ii
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
08.11.2017 , 07:58 PM | #2059
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
star wars: The force unleashed ii
Already played, not as kean on it as the first one. Which also was my opinion when I played kotor 1 & 2
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
08.12.2017 , 12:46 AM | #2060
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
BW agrees to a lot of bs in an impossible attempt and effort to please anyone and their grandma, even the most irrelevant and selfish interest groups in the big picture regarding the overall health of the game and its future, while the game declines into meaninglessness.
**snip
But it's impossible and not needed to please anyone, especially those who made obvious personal mistakes in the past and for instance got rid of stuff for their designer slots and similar things. This game is at stake and not ANY personal absurd concern should be considered. Regarding some totally absurd stuff you read here in this thread you can just shake your head in disbelief and question what the f... is wrong with people.**snip
Totally share your sentiment. It's frustrating to read some of the posts where they declare they will tolerate ZERO inconvenience in a mega server merge.