Undying Rage while stunned

reppaz

Undying Rage while stunned

Lets do it! every other class has defensiv cooldowns while stunned, why not mara.

because maras allready dancing arround the top of the food chain......

last thing they need are buffs... especialy when it seems like everyone around them getting nerfs....

Edited by Zolxtren

because maras allready dancing arround the top of the food chain......

last thing they need are buffs... especialy when it seems like everyone around them getting nerfs....

Agreed. No reason to tempt fate. Besides, if you take the subjugate utility you can use cloak of pain while stunned.

Agreed. No reason to tempt fate. Besides, if you take the subjugate utility you can use cloak of pain while stunned.

Cloak of pain while stunned is bugged dosnt work everytime.

Why do mercs, sorcs and juggs have defensive buttons while stunned?

Mara is fine and pretty balanced classed but be able to use undying rage while stunned would help mara alot in pvp.

You want a dcd with that long of a cd as your go to while stunned ? Are you playing ranked ?

Personally I can't complain with cloak of pain available while stunned it's probably as good as it will get unless undying rage goes on a much shorter cd like it used to.

Edited by RACATW

You want a dcd with that long of a cd as your go to while stunned ? Are you playing ranked ?

Personally I can't complain with cloak of pain available while stunned it's probably as good as it will get unless undying rage goes on a much shorter cd like it used to.

That's thing with Undying Rage, everyone's always saying how good it is, and don't get me wrong it is, but when it comes right to it, it's a 4 second DCD with a three minute cooldown. If you get 8 seconds of it in the time of your average WZ its a lot. The DCDs are great, but you end up spending more than half of WZs without a DCD in effect due to cool downs and if there's no healer on your team, without heals as well.

I didn't realize that the utility was bugged and cloak of pain couldn't be used while stunned. If that's the case than it wouldn't be unreasonable to at least get that bug fixed. You get stunned every 3 seconds as it is.

Cloak of pain while stunned is bugged dosnt work everytime.

Why do mercs, sorcs and juggs have defensive buttons while stunned?

Mara is fine and pretty balanced classed but be able to use undying rage while stunned would help mara alot in pvp.

Yeah, PTs can use their kolto DCD while stunned too and it breaks the stun on top of it.

I'm happy with Marauders as they presently are, but we're suppose to get the "used while stunned" too, be nice if it would work!

Not only that, Undying Rage doesn't protect you from e-net damage. E-net will damage you right through your Undying Rage. Suppose to be vs. all damage.

Yeah, PTs can use their kolto DCD while stunned too and it breaks the stun on top of it.

I'm happy with Marauders as they presently are, but we're suppose to get the "used while stunned" too, be nice if it would work!

Not only that, Undying Rage doesn't protect you from e-net damage. E-net will damage you right through your Undying Rage. Suppose to be vs. all damage.

Thats most likely unintended.

But to bring back to topic at hand, the "used while stunned" abilities all have drawbacks that UR doesnt have, or are mild.

Merc's reflect doesnt work against DoT and AoE, Sorc's bubble CC them, and is blocked by hinder effects.

Sorc also are a class which have their defense based entirely on escaping and have none of the marauder's facetanking ability.

With Ruthless Agressor, Marauders is one of the class with the most complete set of DCDs in the game.

UR used to have a big drawback when activated that it would eat half your health, then it would do so when ending. It doesnt have it anymore.

So ask yourself - you want this? What are you giving up for it?

But to bring back to topic at hand, the "used while stunned" abilities all have drawbacks that UR doesnt have, or are mild.

Merc's reflect doesnt work against DoT and AoE, Sorc's bubble CC them, and is blocked by hinder effects.

Sorc also are a class which have their defense based entirely on escaping and have none of the marauder's facetanking ability.

With Ruthless Agressor, Marauders is one of the class with the most complete set of DCDs in the game.

UR used to have a big drawback when activated that it would eat half your health, then it would do so when ending. It doesnt have it anymore.

What did mercs give up when they got 3 "heal to full" buttons?

Juggs enrage defens didnt work as a heal before, what did they gave up?

What did sorcs give up when they got bubble? NOTNING, and they gave sins phase walk to them. DID THEY GAVE SOMETHING UP ????????????????????????? NO

You don thave to give something up for a fix, cmon its a 3 min cooldown.

Edited by reppaz

Hontesly, I don't think they should do anything to us. We're in a good place, we dont need any buffs. We do have great DCDs [not as good and mercs and snipers maybe, but after them], but our DCDs are out life line because we can't heal and most of the people we are fighting can which justifies our DCD spread.

What naysayers seem to forget, or purposes leave out, is that two of our DCDs [the better two] are on 3 minute cooldowns which is a long time compared to many other DCDs. I do not personally consider Force Camoflage a DCD in the same vien. You can't use it while you are fighting.Its an excellent escape and it can help with elemental damage, and so it certainly has it's uses no doubt, but for in combat, it's useless as a DCD.

Rutherless Agressor is great as well, but, it has range limitations and how many other DCDs in the game have range limitations of 5'? Additonally, it doesn't do anything for the white damage part of the attacks, just the force/tech damage part, you're still eating all the white damage in full. Still good yes, but it's not 75% DR, its 75% DR to the force damage or tech dfamage part of the attack, if such is present. So while it's very good against a a Force Scream [ a pure force attack with no weapon damage element to it], it does much less against an Sniper's Ambush or a ravage or Gore.

Vs. Ranged opponents you can't even use it all unless they are stupid enough to get within melee distance of you, so to them smart playing can complete circumvent it's use to begin with. Still great, but very conditional. Not many DCDs have so many limitations to it even the mere activation of it is highly conditional as it must meet all the conditions of Obfuscate use. The same limitations are in force with obfuscate ['obviously].

Our "while stunned" is not baseline, we have to spend a utility point to use it, but if even than it's not working and is bugged, than yeah, that should be fixed. But other than that, I don't think they shouldn't touch us.

It's a hard class to play, I think anyone who is impartial would agree with that which further justified our DCD spread. But that reality is, in PVP at any rate, you are going to spend 50-60% of time of your average legth WZ without a DCD in effect due to cooldowns and conditions. Throw no self heals on top of that, and that's where the needed skill cap comes in. If you also don't have a healer on your team, you are going to die a lot, DCDs or not. We are the perverbial glass cannon and that's why up until ranged starting getting DPS nerfs, almost everyone sited Marauders as the most balanced class in the game in 5.x.

There's no button mashing with us, you can't well rolling your head over the keyboard, you have to know what you are doing to do well with it and you need skill to do well with it. A re-roller Marauder is going to perform like trash. I feel that that the skill cap requirement is what really makes the class so balanced, all things considered.

I agree with you about how undying rage use to be, that was terrible, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a DCD that actually helped your enemies kill you must have been on crack. A defensive cool down that takes half your health away strikes me as a contradiction in terms! I'd rather make my enemy have to do the work!

As good as it would be, I'm against the idea of making Undying Rage useable while stunned baseline. Just fix the Cloak of Pain bug so it can be used while stunned like it's suppose to. We don't need any buffs.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

We already have one, take the subjugation utility, it's already too good to pass up with the combo of Ruthless Aggressor. It'll allow use of cloak of pain during stuns, which seems to be underestimated by any new comer to marauder. It's 20% Damage reduction, that's almost as much as PT's Energy shield.. It's good, it also reproc's when hit into.

What did mercs give up when they got 3 "heal to full" buttons?

Juggs enrage defens didnt work as a heal before, what did they gave up?

What did sorcs give up when they got bubble? NOTNING, and they gave sins phase walk to them. DID THEY GAVE SOMETHING UP ????????????????????????? NO

You don thave to give something up for a fix, cmon its a 3 min cooldown.

Juggs are actually not in a very good spot overall as far as arena goes. Once that enraged defense is gone, they're dead mostly.

And sorc dps are also in a pretty average place even with the bubble and phase walk. Again, nice try but no.

Marauders have a much bigger ammount of defenses when used right make a marauder a very hard target to kill, not too unsimilar than a sniper.

As for mercs, they have one real h2f and its kolto overload. The rest is mostly bads not dealing with their dcd correctly. The biggest flaw of merc is their dcd can be circumvented and still do damage to them. Many of the mara's dcds do not have that same flaw. They also have a pretty good escape (cannot be knocked out of stealth when you use it) and a powerful aoe mez that needs to be factored in.

And also, we can fully expect current merc's utilities to be nerfed possibly in august when 5.4 comes around, so I wouldnt use it as a benchmark when making claims, but I'd rather look at other classes, and marauder is in a pretty snuggy spot.

What naysayers seem to forget, or purposes leave out, is that two of our DCDs [the better two] are on 3 minute cooldowns which is a long time compared to many other DCDs. I do not personally consider Force Camoflage a DCD in the same vien. You can't use it while you are fighting.Its an excellent escape and it can help with elemental damage, and so it certainly has it's uses no doubt, but for in combat, it's useless as a DCD.

Rutherless Agressor is great as well, but, it has range limitations and how many other DCDs in the game have range limitations of 5'? Additonally, it doesn't do anything for the white damage part of the attacks, just the force/tech damage part, you're still eating all the white damage in full. Still good yes, but it's not 75% DR, its 75% DR to the force damage or tech dfamage part of the attack, if such is present. So while it's very good against a a Force Scream [ a pure force attack with no weapon damage element to it], it does much less against an Sniper's Ambush or a ravage or Gore.

Vs. Ranged opponents you can't even use it all unless they are stupid enough to get within melee distance of you, so to them smart playing can complete circumvent it's use to begin with. Still great, but very conditional. Not many DCDs have so many limitations to it even the mere activation of it is highly conditional as it must meet all the conditions of Obfuscate use. The same limitations are in force with obfuscate ['obviously].

Our "while stunned" is not baseline, we have to spend a utility point to use it, but if even than it's not working and is bugged, than yeah, that should be fixed. But other than that, I don't think they shouldn't touch us.

It's a hard class to play, I think anyone who is impartial would agree with that which further justified our DCD spread. But that reality is, in PVP at any rate, you are going to spend 50-60% of time of your average legth WZ without a DCD in effect due to cooldowns and conditions. Throw no self heals on top of that, and that's where the needed skill cap comes in. If you also don't have a healer on your team, you are going to die a lot, DCDs or not. We are the perverbial glass cannon and that's why up until ranged starting getting DPS nerfs, almost everyone sited Marauders as the most balanced class in the game in 5.x.

There's no button mashing with us, you can't well rolling your head over the keyboard, you have to know what you are doing to do well with it and you need skill to do well with it. A re-roller Marauder is going to perform like trash. I feel that that the skill cap requirement is what really makes the class so balanced, all things considered.

I agree with you about how undying rage use to be, that was terrible, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a DCD that actually helped your enemies kill you must have been on crack. A defensive cool down that takes half your health away strikes me as a contradiction in terms! I'd rather make my enemy have to do the work!

As good as it would be, I'm against the idea of making Undying Rage useable while stunned baseline. Just fix the Cloak of Pain bug so it can be used while stunned like it's suppose to. We don't need any buffs.

Most really good dcds are on 3 min with most often a possibility to shave off the cd to 2min30s somewhere in the heroic or legendary utility tier.

Sorc bubble, merc's kolto overload, sniper's ballistic shield and the mild dcd reset.

The fact marauder has 2 of those is impressive, and it has to be said that in arenas, the difference between a mid-lenght cd and a long one doesnt matter much, as game is typically decided within 1 min, and for the person that is the first focus, only the faster cooldown stand a real chance of coming back.

As for obfuscate range, while the baseline effect of obfuscate is melee ranged (altough can be extended to 10m with a utility) the resist to tech/force is not, contrary to the baseline effect, linked to who you blinded, but just that you blinded someone. its also a very short cooldown for the power it has.

Similarly, force camouflage which may be the best escape in game in many situations, as it cannot be knocked out of it (altough it is time limited obviously) is on a very short cd as well.

And simiarly to sniper, a bad marauder is not going to somewhat work like a bad merc. Like a bad sniper or sorc, they'll get melted.

But like you I agree marauders are in a decent spot, the cloak of pain while stun issue is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed, especially since it requires you spend a utility point for it (this coudl go baseline tough) and neither nerf nor buff are required to their defensive tool belt at this point.

lol no. And not every class has DCD when CCed.

^this.

Operative

Assassin

Sniper

in a lesser extent, a sorc can be hindered and no access at all to their bubble

But the 3 I named off the top of my head have 0 DCD that work when CCed.