Being a better healer

smilingbee

Ok, I realize this might not be an easy question to answer. I consider myself a pretty good healer, and the other healer I usually do HMs with is pretty good too. However, I have a guildy who claims he can carry a group of "bads" standing in stupid through a HM, while carrying the other healer, while doing everything else flawlessly and still having time to "play around" by not stepping out of stupid immediately and stuff like that. Now, I just don't see how this is possible. Tanks always take a lot of damage and if the dps are standing in infernos and taking 12k damage per second then most of the time I will not be able to heal both the tanks and the derpy dps, especially if they are far apart, resulting in the death of some people. I believe it is everyone's responsibility to stay out of bad and reduce the amount of incoming damage.

My question is, seeing as I do my part as a healer (I stay out of stupid, I cleanse when necessary, I know my healing priorities as far as targets and skills go, I know how to cast 2 heals in a single GCD, I have good gear though not quite yet BIS, and I parse about where I should parse if I compare myself to other healers, and often higher). I am just not sure if there is anything major I'm missing that would cause my raid group to wipe consistently. I realize that it's not my fault as far as what the dps and tanks do, but according to him a healer should be able to fix that. I do occasionally cause a wipe, mostly due to getting caught up in healing like crazy and momentarily forgetting about a certain mechanic that I should watch out for, but this only brings me back to my original question of how it's possible to not feel overwhelmed when you have to pick up your group's mistakes. If everyone's doing things properly, I don't screw up and forget about a simplification or a bomb, because I have adequate time to realize it's on me.

What is everyone's opinion on this? Are there any super-advanced tips for healers that I'm somehow not aware of to miraculously carry a group of not-so-great people who don't know fights or screw up constantly through a HM? I honestly feel like there's nothing more I can do, but I am certainly willing to learn any other tips to be able to handle my group's mistakes better.

Thanks.

Edited by smilingbee

Welcome to the Star Wars Discussion Forum. Here we discuss everything related to the greater Star Wars Franchise as a whole. Everything from a new parody with stormtroopers to debates about the Nature of the Force and everything in between!

We enjoy newcomers and will be happy to answer any question we can, however you seem to be in the wrong forum for this particular request. Someone here might be able to help you but if you'd like better and more numerous responses I'd suggest looking here, here, or here where folks are more knowledgeable about the topic you're referencing.

If you would like a sample of things we do cover, here, here, here, here, and here are some examples of threads typically discussed.

Have a nice day, and feel free to PM me about any other questions you may have. Unfortunately I do not know a whole lot about in-game topics outside lore but I might be able to better direct you where to look for people who do.

Oh wow ok I didn't realize I was in the wrong section. I don't post in the forums I usually just read :)

Can you delete this thread? I'll just create another in the sections you linked. Thanks!

Edited by smilingbee