Keith suppose to be for the players? right, stop with the shady practices...

DarthSealth

1 million credits aswell as tech frags to buy gear? how many currencies do we need to spend to buy crap, what has pissed me right off this wasn't visible on PTS? that's shady asf so **** you Bioware that's an EA move right there i have supported this game I even thought you might have got the damn message that your players are the people who matter not the corporate executives.

Shame you can't learn like DICE did and improve.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 million credits aswell as tech frags to buy gear? how many currencies do we need to spend to buy crap, what has pissed me right off this wasn't visible on PTS? that's shady asf so **** you Bioware that's an EA move right there i have supported this game I even thought you might have got the damn message that your players are the people who matter not the corporate executives.

It was on the PTS man. :D

It was on the PTS man. :D

Not what I saw, everything I interacted with was tech frags although to be fair I might not have taken notice because of the running back and forth to the booster machine...

I remember everything was 3k tech frags on the set bonus/tactical vendor and the rng vendor was in the the triple digits. But I don't remember the credits cost along side the tech frags?

Not what I saw, everything I interacted with was tech frags although to be fair I might not have taken notice because of the running back and forth to the booster machine...

I remember everything was 3k tech frags on the set bonus/tactical vendor and the rng vendor was in the the triple digits. But I don't remember the credits cost along side the tech frags?

I dont know what to tell you, it was on the PTS and this was talked about a while back.

This sounds like a really trivial complaint to smear Keith for.

**** well this is truly concerning. Yet this is suppose to be alt friendly? nope....

supposedly they are trying to get rid of some credits, but someone told me that you're going to be able to make credits more easily in 6.0 so it will even out. seems like an oxymoron though.

Dude, it was 100% on the pts. Some things were even more expensive to start with till we told them to reduce the costs.

**** well this is truly concerning. Yet this is suppose to be alt friendly? nope....

This will be one of the most Alt friend expansions for “gearing” because everything is legacy bound and you can move gear around as you want. That includes left side items like ear.

This is actually one of the better things about the expansion that Im excited about. But I do agree that 3000 tech frags and 1 Mil credits for a set piece of Armor with no internals is over the top. We expressed this to them on the pts, so maybe they will have lowered it when it goes live, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

supposedly they are trying to get rid of some credits, but someone told me that you're going to be able to make credits more easily in 6.0 so it will even out. seems like an oxymoron though.

I think it will just make the credit spammers worse as more people will use their services to get credits.

1 million credits aswell as tech frags to buy gear? how many currencies do we need to spend to buy crap, what has pissed me right off this wasn't visible on PTS? that's shady asf .

Um, what are you suggesting is "shady"? Is it that you have to spend more fantasy "money", on imaginary things, in an online game matrix, than you thought you would? Did the price of a hotel on Boardwalk go up again? 🤩

Not another one of "those" types of threads !!

To OP:

Seriously ???

IMO... get a life !

Sure there are a couple things about 6.0 that all of would like to change (or add) ! For me :

** new Class: SIS (Rep) / Special Ops ( Empire) / both sides force "sensitive"

** new SH: either one of the following: space station type )Outer Rim) / ski chalet (Hoth)

** new companion to go with my choice of character " Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" (special reason for this one)

Good grief there are literally dozens of good suggestions that did not (and may never) make it in game.

There are some complaints … (some valid) .

Shady ?

Good grief !

I'll get off my soap box before I start in on the front lawn !

Edited by OlBuzzard

I don't think it's possible to say this is a shady practice.

Inflation in this game is absolutely insane. Credits are everywhere, flooded down upon you.

They're not trying to incentivize you to buy credits or anything, since they don't have an official way of earning credits.

So, it's just a way of removing currency from the economy, which isn't shady, it's kind of what most MMOs have to do.

Yeah i think that while it isn't a big deal for active players, it will be for newcomers and returning players that didn't stockpile credits.

1mil per piece of gear is just too much. It will be like 10+ million credits to gear up one toon. It isn't reasonable. I hope they change that.

Edited by Nemmar

Yeah i think that while it isn't a big deal for active players, it will be for newcomers and returning players that didn't stockpile credits.

1mil per piece of gear is just too much. It will be like 20+ million credits to gear up one toon. It isn't reasonable. I hope they change that.

You have no clue what the credit rate is in 6.0.

You have no clue what the credit rate is in 6.0.

Taking into account it's not out yet, yeah... obviously. Neither have you. None of this is finalized. If they are increasing credit rewards from dailies then it will be fine. But that is something that is yet to be confirmed.

But it would be better for the economy if everything wasn't inflated again.

I don't think it's possible to say this is a shady practice.

Inflation in this game is absolutely insane. Credits are everywhere, flooded down upon you.

They're not trying to incentivize you to buy credits or anything, since they don't have an official way of earning credits.

So, it's just a way of removing currency from the economy, which isn't shady, it's kind of what most MMOs have to do.

Looking at this post though, you have an active player bias. New players don't have huge stockpiles. Me and you can survive this. New players, that have yet to earn their first mil, will not. They will be forced to grind credits to be able to gear up.

No one is flooded with credits, unless they do dailies or heroics regularly or play the market. But it is yet to be seen how profitable they will be when 6.0 is actually live.

Edited by Nemmar

It's ok, sometimes we can get confused when our emotions are running high and so much information is bestowed upon us. I think you'd be better off just saying, "oops my bad I guess I was mistaken," at this point.

Also, it's ok to admit when you are wrong, and it's also OK to apologize to Keith for blaming him for things that weren't even things to begin with. He'd probably appreciate that. :D

More gold sinks in a game with the amount of insane inflation this game has is never a bad thing. Prices can always be adjusted as inflation levels lower. If you ask me, they should add more gold sinks. I just came back recently and inflation has at least doubled in the last couple of years.

It's ok, sometimes we can get confused when our emotions are running high and so much information is bestowed upon us. I think you'd be better off just saying, "oops my bad I guess I was mistaken," at this point.

Also, it's ok to admit when you are wrong, and it's also OK to apologize to Keith for blaming him for things that weren't even things to begin with. He'd probably appreciate that. :D

Of course I can admit I am wrong uniike Bioware. I'm not the one with massive failed attempts when it comes to loot in multiple games. I'm not apologising for something that is still true when you factor in multiple things but I knew he was another Irving from the beginning.

This will be one of the most Alt friend expansions for “gearing” because everything is legacy bound and you can move gear around as you want. That includes left side items like ear.

This is actually one of the better things about the expansion that Im excited about. But I do agree that 3000 tech frags and 1 Mil credits for a set piece of Armor with no internals is over the top. We expressed this to them on the pts, so maybe they will have lowered it when it goes live, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Totally the trouble is I hate the idea of purchasing items with two currencies as well as the grind involved to gain the currencies. But more than all I have a lot of alts, which have mostly got set bonuses maybe not BIS but with this idea it would cost way too much, so it looks like I'm going to have to stick to one spec. Truthfully at least the preferred players can buy them when their sub runs out.