Vaylin

Tarkashae

Something tells me that she is the real threat here. Even seems that Arcann tries to keep her placated.

I think she's scheming, or biding her time. She is just waiting for him to be killed so she can take the throne. Also, she reminds me of DS Jaesa.

What does anyone else think? Any theories?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, she's mighty powerful, she makes Zhorrid look like a sane person, and like her father who's a bad guy her name ominously starts with a V as well.

There's still too much we don't know and Bioware did it on purpose. So that either means that she dies being unimportant real soon ( Knights get your revenge!) or Valkorion will find a way to make her the new threat.

would bang.

I giggled.

To the OP, I think we see Arcann and Vaylin eventually falling. However, remember they are who they are 100% because of Valkorion. Arcann was mistreated and Vaylin was held back.

During the scenes with their

mother

you could assume there might be a "redemption" option for them. Though, it would be the same redemption that Revan met

death

I also believe that Thexan will come back in some shape or form. Maybe not a ghost, but he has something that is valuable to the Outlander. :rak_03:

I don't see Vaylin or Arcann being redeemed. They are the villains. Bioware is already doing the "redemption" route in a way with Valkorion. They just confirmed in a recent article that they aren't writing him as evil, since that's the cliche in star wars with regards to emperors. For them to do that with every villain in kotfe would be too much.

I don't see Vaylin or Arcann being redeemed. They are the villains. Bioware is already doing the "redemption" route in a way with Valkorion. They just confirmed in a recent article that they aren't writing him as evil, since that's the cliche in star wars with regards to emperors. For them to do that with every villain in kotfe would be too much.

While I don't see them "redeeming" every vilain, I suspect Arcann will have a chance to survive KOTFE, but left with nothing. An hermit who can do nothing but remember the horrors he caused and the pain he felt when Thexan died.

I can't see Vaylin ever becoming good. Becoming some sort of ally for the Outlander to defeat Arcann and/or Valkorion? Maybe, but she won't turn to the light and I think she will die. If she isn't 100% dead meat, at least don't put in a "I"m romancing you to make you good." plot. Please don't. Only a madman would romance Vaylin and it should be a 100% DS route ^^

At least in the case of Vaylin she seems "broken" somehow, undeniably powerful but not as "mature" as she could possibly be, whether or not this is due to Valkorian has yet to be seen.

So I can't see it easy to redeem her.

Edited by Jedi_riches

While I don't see them "redeeming" every vilain, I suspect Arcann will have a chance to survive KOTFE, but left with nothing. An hermit who can do nothing but remember the horrors he caused and the pain he felt when Thexan died.

I can't see Vaylin ever becoming good. Becoming some sort of ally for the Outlander to defeat Arcann and/or Valkorion? Maybe, but she won't turn to the light and I think she will die. If she isn't 100% dead meat, at least don't put in a "I"m romancing you to make you good." plot. Please don't. Only a madman would romance Vaylin and it should be a 100% DS route ^^

My sith warrior doesn't care about "good". He cares about violence :p

That line from Vaylin "You have a crush on me", got me wondering what role she will take, and it would be interesting to be able to join her in some way, as a DS leaning character.

That line from Vaylin "You have a crush on me", got me wondering what role she will take, and it would be interesting to be able to join her in some way, as a DS leaning character.

I personally think they are going to make her a LI in the same-way Bastila and Revan were lovers as well as enemies during his time as Sith.

I loved the fact I had just asked on general chat if it was wrong to like her then she accuses me of having a crush on her after like 5 seconds HOW DID SHE KNOW :D.

I personally think they are going to make her a LI in the same-way Bastila and Revan were lovers as well as enemies during his time as Sith.

Well I doubt we will be able to romance her mom, that may be quite weird with Valky in your head too though, but hang on by that same token with Vaylin ew....

Well I doubt we will be able to romance her mom, that may be quite weird with Valky in your head too though, but hang on by that same token with Vaylin ew....

That the only reason you think she is "ew"? :eek:

Ugly (I know, eye of the beholder...), sadistic, cruel, insane to the point DS Jeasa seems like a firendly old cat-lady...

And she moved stuff with the Force in her mother's womb for heavens sake! She is dangerous to even be around not to mention talk to her.

Hey, I know it's a game but my imagination has it's limits :p

I hope Vaylin becomes companion, but I think it is very unlikely. If she can become companion I would guess she would be kind of reward for finishing the expansion. LI part while personally I do not mind if she is not, but based on Thana Vesh (is it ironical or am I hypocrite that I am happy how she ended?) might as well.

Now currently I think she is too unstable and powerful to be companion really. Of course developers might disagree with that assestment, but we still have few chapters to change her if they do agree. The scenario that follows is an example I came up myself, but I am sure many people can come up with better ones:

She been mentioned of being caged so I was thinking what if she somehow becomes caged again which automatically would solve too powerful part of equation. Now about unstable part maybe having all that power suddenly unlocked drowned her in force (not literally) so she is not really in control (or more precisely barely in control I suppose) of her actions and caging again helps her to reclaim full control of her actions. Keeping control motive can also be used to join your char, for some cliche examples: Kill her should she lose control, learn control directly from player or something else.

Edited by Chaloss

Hints have been dropped within the story that she is more powerful than Arcan.

<she sees you walking around when you are invisible to her brother, he says something about dying rather than giving up the throne and she insinuates "yes, you will..." not We will, but You will."

Senya mentions she had her mind caged by daddy dearest. So.... she hasn't fully come into her power yet, although in the cutscenes it is clear she has Starkiller-like power <the whole scene with the reactor> ...

So.... I don't think she's being groomed as a LI.

Her "do you have a crush on me?" I think is more a play on words. For "I will crush you with my power".

As this use is "English-specific" for the word "crush" - maybe someone of our players that plays the French or German version could post as to the terminology used in this dialogue.

Something tells me that she is the real threat here. Even seems that Arcann tries to keep her placated.

I think she's scheming, or biding her time. She is just waiting for him to be killed so she can take the throne. Also, she reminds me of DS Jaesa.

What does anyone else think? Any theories?

So far, Vaylin to me is about 10 times worse than anything I had ever imagined that dark side Jeasa could become. Jeasa is a disturbed child with a loaded gun. In Vaylin's case, that gun seems to be a nuclear missile, if not a Death Star. Arcann comments in one of the cutscenes that she is "still spreading [her] wings, testing [her] limits". Her power is incredible and even Arcann seems to fear her. When he said the whole Empire was in jeopardy was in jeopardy because the Outlander escaped Vaylin's pursuit, he had to quickly add that he wasn't blaming Vaylin for it, and she responded with "No, I didn't think you did.".

The big question is what will become of Vaylin's psyche as time goes on. Her mind is pretty warped and she has no remorse about killing people that serve her for the most trivial of reasons (killing 3 Knights to make sure they weren't lying to her, and then killing 3 more because she doesn't like odd numbers). She is obviously more dangerous than Arcann, but one has to wonder why she hasn't tried to kill Arcann yet and take the Throne for herself. Does she not care? Is she using Arcann for her own agenda? Only time will tell.

... on a related note, I want her lightsaber on the Cartel Market.

Edited by BenKatarn

Have to admit I don't think she's truly on Arcann's side, I mean look at how she responded to the Thexan comment, and how she's only given their mother more of a reason to want her son stopped/dead. I get the feeling Vaylin just wants to watch everything burn or bring as much chaos that pleases her disturbed mind, either way I'm very intrigued to see where the story takes her character.

Why not she is spicy. Valkorion once cut off her OP Force power why we can't did it again? And with limited power she will recognize our leadership:D

I sort of regard Vaylin the same way most people look at X-23 from X-Men (though Vaylin seems to have more agency/power in her situation). Something about her is broken because of the actions taken by her authority figures.

If I had my force powers sealed away by my father I'd be a little cranky too

It's also interesting to look at how her story is similar to other class stories from the base game (Mostly the Sith Warrior from what I see). The idea of being held back and deceived by

Viataie

for both characters has actually led my warrior to sympathize with her a great deal. Which is saying something.

I think they may well go the redemption route with either character, I also think we may be presented with a choice of who we get to save.

I'm also sure any of the writers who read these thread are chuckling away as we all speculate.