Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

BadgerFett

3500 damage is one hit

EHP doesnt mean a whole lot in a game with healers heal spamming. Not to mention, whats stopping anyone else from being bubbled by a sorc? thats 3500 extra damage everyone on the team has if its a heal speced sorc, and if its not then seriously one 3500 bubble is not going to save them from a good dps.

I say sorcs/sages are the most squishy because in my experience KILLING THEM, the only things that are a 'surer kill' if i get on them are snipers/gunslingers.

Then what is going to sage a sage/sorc from a good DPS? A sorc effectively has 25k hp with light armor over a fight with a melee class because of a pre-cast bubble and a bubble cast during combat. What skills are so much better? Seriously?

Sage/Sorc are easy to kill if they sit there and don't use any of their tools. I'll kill stupid ones on my Shadow, but the ones that use their abilities, are impossible to get to melee range and you're just snare/rooted the entire battle.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "few good players". LOL.

Now add instant cast dots/bubble, an instant proc, ALL INSTANT CAST and AUTOMATIC cc.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD SKILLLS. SO INTENSE. My german shepherd could play this class.

Lol, make one then you ****. This video has been made to show what the person who posted it wanted to show, He probably had videos of hundreds of waroznes until he got this one. The way he is completly ignored by the opposing faction and the rest of his team do terrible damage makes me think something strange was going on and this was setup.

If you take any other ranged DD class and they are ignored like in the video and have them spam a button they to would do average damage.

Edited by da_krall

A "few good players". LOL.

Now add instant cast dots/bubble, an instant proc, ALL INSTANT CAST and AUTOMATIC cc.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD SKILLLS. SO INTENSE. My german shepherd could play this class.

All im seeing in that video is the enemy team completely ignoring that sorc.

My MM sniper if left unharnessed could do the same thing only instead of 800-1k damage every 1 second tic i would be doing 2k-4k every GCD.

So yeah, if you ignore a ranged dps, it will ranged dps you, and eventually you will run out of hitpoints. I guess we better nerf it.

They do NOT do less damage, if you think so your out of your mind! They can easily top the damage chart, provide protection, heal, and wear heavy armor. Oh and tracer, tracer, tracer dead. Move on and cycle again against a non interupt enemy,

If you are dying in the duration of 3 Tracer Missiles you must be wearing full greens. Man I wish my Merc had Force Speed equivalent and a ranged interrupt. Also, let my knockback root the target for a few seconds as well.

Edited by Bloodcharged

Ask the top premades on your server what they think.

Only the pugging disorganised bad players cry about sorcs/sages.

Seriously, if you think sorcs/sages are OP, realise you're one of the 90% bad players out there and start on the path to improving, it's the only way you'll stop being terrible.

Edited by Redmarx

Seriously, if you think sorcs/sages are OP, realise you're a bad player and start on the path to improving, it's the only way you'll stop being terrible.

This guy is pretty much the only one who made sense today lol.

If you are dying in the duration of 3 Tracer Missiles you must be wearing full greens. Man I wish my Merc had Force Speed equivalent and a ranged interrupt.

Or using his RANGED interupt on trace missile...

The poster is so clueless he prob doesn't even know what it does, and also fails to realize that the BH/Merc can't interrupt him back and has a cast time on his non stun cc...

If you die to a merc/commando on a sage/sorc just quit the game. You have 2 instant interupts (instant cast cc and ranged interrupt), on their tracer missile. You have passive dmg/heals (dots), they have none. You can LOS them and they do zero dmg, but your dots are still ticking away.

Want to know why noone besides bad sage/sorc cry about Mercs/commandos being OP? They aren't.

Hybrid spec sage/sorc are.

Then what is going to sage a sage/sorc from a good DPS? A sorc effectively has 25k hp with light armor over a fight with a melee class because of a pre-cast bubble and a bubble cast during combat. What skills are so much better? Seriously?

Sage/Sorc are easy to kill if they sit there and don't use any of their tools. I'll kill stupid ones on my Shadow, but the ones that use their abilities, are impossible to get to melee range and you're just snare/rooted the entire battle.

If you are a:

Marauder: They are also snared the entire fight, and you can leap to them if they manage to get ahead slightly (due to knockback), and force choke them if they try to force speed away. They aren't going anywhere.

Juggernaut: No contest they will be 100% controlled/unable to act effectively due to your two stuns, knockback, two interupts, and 2X use force leap, and perma-snare.

Any RDPS: Stun them if they force speed. Otherwise just los their casts and shoot them. Unless you are an arsenal merc or another sorc in which case i dont know, you are stuck in place. I guess just try and kill somebody else or sit there trading hitpoints for hitpoints. Super easy to kill as a MM sniper, they were my favorite targets since low armor meant i got to see the big flashy 4K+ crits landing on them.

Assassin: Between stuns stopping their force speed, and your own force speed, they arent getting anywhere. You have pretty much as much control as they do. And if they do decide to run AND you have already been fighting/chasing them for a while (so they should be hurt/low by thispoint) you have 3 ranged abilities you will get off on them (the third being force lightening which assassins can make 30m range with a cooldown)

Powertech: I have no idea what its like to play a powertech

Operative/scoundrel: You dont deserve to kill anything, ever.

Or using his RANGED interupt on trace missile...

The poster is so clueless he prob doesn't even know what it does, and also fails to realize that the BH/Merc can't interrupt him back and has a cast time on his non stun cc...

If you die to a merc/commando on a sage/sorc just quit the game. You have 2 instant interupts (instant cast cc and ranged interrupt), on their tracer missile. You have passive dmg/heals (dots), they have none. You can LOS them and they do zero dmg, but your dots are still ticking away.

Want to know why noone besides bad sage/sorc cry about Mercs/commandos being OP? They aren't.

Hybrid spec sage/sorc are.

Please realise you're a bad player and start to improve yourself instead of flooding the forums with crying nonsense.

Sorcs/sages are mediocre in premade vs premade PVP. They are squishy and easy to kill, the good players are doing it all the time.

Seriously, if you think sorcs/sages are OP, realise you're one of the 90% bad players out there and start on the path to improving, it's the only way you'll stop being terrible.

Yeah cus rolling a premade and stomping on pugs gives you much better insight...

Also because everyone in this game runs premades on voice com.

Also the "top premades" on my server are garbage. I have beaten them many times solo queuing. Why the hell would I ask a bunch of scrubnubs about class balance when they are forced to run premades against pugs to even compete in this game.

These "top premades" will suck when rateds come out and some of the better solo players (or players that play with 1 or 2 friends) form teams.

LOL at you.

Please realise you're a bad player and start to improve yourself instead of flooding the forums with crying nonsense.

Sorcs/sages are mediocre in premade vs premade PVP. They are squishy and easy to kill, the good players are doing it all the time.

Red.....Marry me lool... All this person says is true.I premade in my group all the time and when I encounter a good premade group they all go for me.. =p

In the end the devs will make any changes based on metrics and not QQing in the forums.

So yes you can run into a fully DPS specced inq and he throws dots that do massive damage and next time you run into a healer and he is so hard to take down. But you did run into two different specced players. But all you remember is that they were sorcs, so now all sorcs are impossible to kill and can do unreal damage....LOL.

The only dps class that has more health then others is...

<snip rant>

A hybrid spec sage/sorc is the most non squishy class in this game. The only people who would make this claim never played another class. The "less health" comment is just silly. This isn't vanilla WoW where you have "spirit" on your gear instead of stamina.

As far as talking about merc/commandos? Why would you belittle the easiest playstyle in the game when you play the second easiest class in the game...

Everyone who plays another class and has tried merc/commando/sage/sorc thinks both your AC's are a joke and that they were put in the game so that bad players could compete in pvp.

BTW merc/commando isn't OP. Hybrid specced sorc/sage is. At least have some clue what you are talking about before you call the hardest to kill (not that it can't be done) or hardest dps class to focus down "squishy".

They could take away the sprint and the class would still not be "squishy". They would just be focus fired easier...

I'll have you know, that I also play a powertech - (granted he's only a lv 24 right now because I just recently rolled him). But he's a tank, and I can still top damage against sorcs in warzones. Honestly, I think people here are just lazy... they don't take the time to learn the in's and out's of their class, so they blame other classes for their incompetency. Is the sorc the easiest class to pick up? Yeah, probably (I'm not arguing that point, I've been playing it since beta), but it's NOT overpowered.

Also, you make it sound like all sorcs are hybrids, and therefore they're all overpowered!

Guess what? I'm full spec madness, and I'm telling you I kick *** because I'm just good, I know how to play my class - not because it has some unfair advantage. Every class has something that the others don't - figure out what it is that yours has and just roll with it.

P.S. I've never played WoW, so I wouldn't know...

Edited by JAVAjedi

If you are a:

Marauder: They are also snared the entire fight, and you can leap to them if they manage to get ahead slightly (due to knockback), and force choke them if they try to force speed away. They aren't going anywhere.

Juggernaut: No contest they will be 100% controlled/unable to act effectively due to your two stuns, knockback, two interupts, and 2X use force leap, and perma-snare.

Any RDPS: Stun them if they force speed. Otherwise just los their casts and shoot them. Unless you are an arsenal merc or another sorc in which case i dont know, you are stuck in place. I guess just try and kill somebody else or sit there trading hitpoints for hitpoints. Super easy to kill as a MM sniper, they were my favorite targets since low armor meant i got to see the big flashy 4K+ crits landing on them.

Assassin: Between stuns stopping their force speed, and your own force speed, they arent getting anywhere. You have pretty much as much control as they do. And if they do decide to run AND you have already been fighting/chasing them for a while (so they should be hurt/low by thispoint) you have 3 ranged abilities you will get off on them (the third being force lightening which assassins can make 30m range with a cooldown)

let me add for operative/scoundrel: you die during stunnlock doing nothing. well with luck sometimes you get them to 50% if you can break the stunnlock and get a bit away.

but i do not complain about this.

the rest of your post is spot on!

IIs the sorc the easiest class to pick up? Yeah, probably

easiest? for what? pug ranged damamge spamming? commando is easier here. fighting melees? it's one of the most difficult. wanna see the whiners kiting and still being able to kill, doing this in endgame pvp.

If you are a:

For powertechs / vanguards : They're the biggest threat to Sorcs / Sages, because they have all the tools to deal with them, pull with root, leap + root + speed boost, interrupt on a short cooldown, decent damage from up close. If you play in a competitive premade having a powertech / vanguard is, imo, better than any of the other tanks. They deal more damage (being able to RDPS trying to close the gap), maybe less survivability but I feel I'm doing a lot more since you basically can't be CCed out of range (unless mezed or stunned). This game is heavily favoring ranged right now, especially in Huttball.

Yeah cus rolling a premade and stomping on pugs gives you much better insight...

Also the "top premades" on my server are garbage. I have beaten them many times solo queuing. Why the hell would I ask a bunch of scrubnubs about class balance when they are forced to run premades against pugs to even compete in this game.

These "top premades" will suck when rateds come out and some of the better solo players (or players that play with 1 or 2 friends) form teams.

LOL at you.

This is exactly why you've been terrible a long time, are terrible now and will stay terrible probably for a long time.

You just refuse to learn and improve.

Edited by Redmarx

The only thing broken with Sorcs (aside from the double-dipping on procs) is that the stun, when you break their bubble, is not breakable. You basically waste your CC breaker on it trying to remove it and remain stunned.

Other than that, they are the weakest class at the high-end.

Wow, I so agree with this. I play an Inf Shadow. The sorcs are so squishy when you break their bubble, it's not funny. But it gets stupid when they have a bunch of cc skills and stuns, at least one of which I can't break out of. If I get hit by that stun, the sorc is basically back to near full health and the bubble CD is almost complete. They then bubble up again and dot, heal, dot.

So, I've actually gotten quite a few sorcs by cloaking, mez, heal up. Half the time, they will AoE you out of cloak and continue on.

I would be happy if the stun can be broken. There should not be a cc/stun/snare that cannot be broken.

Also, people need to learn to get out of the lightning AoE and to interrupt the force lightning. Once you do, the sorc is pretty much DOA.

Of course, if there's 3-4 of them (I've actually seen 7 in one wz), you pretty much just have to give up. Know what's the worst feeling? Doing 262K dmg and getting 3 kills playing against 6 sorcs.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

LOL at you.

Lies, lies and more lies. If you havent left to troll another game before ranking comes out it will be great to see yours.

If your so great like you say you are, make a sorc when the ranking battles come out and play PUGs only and lets see how you do??? until then keep on fudge packing.

Edited by da_krall

This is exactly why you're terrible now and will stay terrible.

You just refuse to learn and improve.

So laughable.

You actually have your rank in your sig and think a high rank in this game = good.

The top ranked player on The Fatman server afks 24/7 and has higher rank then you. I guess that means he is better???

LOL at anyone putting their ranking in their avatar.

RAWR I am battlemaster sentinel. RAAAAAAAAWR. That makes me better then sub rank 60 sentinels. RAAAAAAAAAAWR. L2p NOOBS!

What a joke. BTW I got my rank probably twice as fast as you solo queuing and winning most of the games. 5 min queues and rolling pugs vs instant queues and kicking the crap out of premades like yours and getting way more medals.

How to be as "good" as you (LOL). Find sorc/sage healer (cus all the other healers suck or require a much better player). Find tank to put guard on him (can be a moron as long as he stays near him). Find Mercs/commandos/sages/sorc with a keyboard/mouse.

Talk smack on people who don't roll premades, cus you are obviously more skilled. Quit game when rated warzones/arena comes out, because you will fail at them as hard as you failed at WoW arena.

This guy is serious business everyone. He is RANK 71 in a game where ranking is based on how many times you hit the queue button. He is L33t.

Edited by biowareftw

Whats the purpose of being a healer Sage/Sorc in pvp?

this class had a purpose. Well I hope to believe that. I rolled both and Imperial healers have it made. My Sage has not been fun at all.

And you are right the bubbles are not a great shields. its more of a bubble that prolongs your death and waste your energy.

Also, people need to learn to get out of the lightning AoE and to interrupt the force lightning. Once you do, the sorc is pretty much DOA.

There was once a topic basically saying "how to beat a sorc? interrupt their lightning". I don't understand how many people still refuse to get this point. Interrupting Force Lightning is key in dealing with sorcs, not because it deals so much damage, but because it's the focal point of all the procs in their DPS builds. Deny Force Lightning, you deny them mana cost decreases, instant casts, procs from dot critical hits and so on. People think along the lines of "well, if I interrupt Force Lightning, they'll just spam a ton of other stuff on me". Well, guess what? No they won't because most of their "other stuff" is proc'd from FL.

Whats the purpose of being a healer Sage/Sorc in pvp?

this class had a purpose. Well I hope to believe that. I rolled both and Imperial healers have it made. My Sage has not been fun at all.

And you are right the bubbles are not a great shields. its more of a bubble that prolongs your death and waste your energy.

You know why people really hate sorcs/sages?

They are the special olympics players of the PVP world - they are the easiest class to play in WZs and put up high numbers, so everybody flocks to them. Look at your WZs for the day, you'll find that most of them are made up of 40-60% sorc/sage overall, even though they are only 1 of 4 classes on each side (25%).

You can literally join a WZ, spam nothing but Project/pebbles or shock/FL and get 6 medals at least, as well as be in the top 3 for damage at least. At the same time you'll have a good shot at ending up high on the healing chart and getting MVP votes.

They are by far the easiest, most brainless class to play to Battlemaster rank.