Tier of Gear needed for Group Ranked.

NeuroniaSW

Hi all,

So I queued up GR on Star Forge about an hour ago, and I was severely undergered (Ursule - Engi Sniper) and basically a hindrance to the team, for which I apologize.

What level gear do I need to be somewhat respectable in there? I see there are various tiers of the top level gear grind (level 0-100, 100-200, 200-300) so am I looking at grinding up to 300 then hoping for drops? I can't really do OPS at the moment due to a very askew schedule, but I can likely get Set Bonus gear from the Command tokens, correct?

Been so long, haha. At least Novare Coast is still the same. >_<

Thanks for the help. :D

You can buy Tier 2 "yellow" = 236-rated "Ops tokens" from the vendor in the extreme clockwise end of the "Supplies" section of the Fleet. The price is in Unassembled Components. You then take the components to the corresponding vendor in the next bay anti-clockwise and buy the actual gear (with set bonus).

You can, after that, trade up to Tier 3 (242) by trading your current Tier 2 piece plus more UCs for a Tier 3 Ops token, tradable as above for actual gear.

And then one more time to get Tier 4 (248), trading in the Tier 3 piece plus even more UCs for a Tier 4 token, etc.

Once 5.10 drops, some time in December, there will be extra tiers with different acquisition methods, but the above will remain valid.

• 2 weeks later...